Author Topic: Knicks (23-28) at Celtics (36-15) Game #52 1/31/18  (Read 22209 times)

Re: Knicks (23-28) at Celtics (36-15) Game #52 1/31/18
« Reply #270 on: January 31, 2018, 10:15:09 PM »

Offline Adelaide Celt

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 206
#NEBHInjuryReport: Marcus Morris suffered a bruised left hip and will not return to tonight's game.

https://twitter.com/celtics/status/958896577703305218
NO AMOUNT OF PSYCHOLOGICAL MANIPULATION, HORMONAL OR SURGICAL MUTILATION WILL EVER CHANGE A PERSON'S GENDER

« Reply #271 on: January 31, 2018, 10:17:06 PM »

Offline trickybilly

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 617
I literally just starting laughing at that offensive set finished with a long contested Baynes two point shot. I don't think I have ever laughed during a game before.
"Gimme the ball, gimme the ball". Freddy Quimby, 1994.

« Reply #272 on: January 31, 2018, 10:17:26 PM »

Online jpotter33

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2906
And yet another game blown by the Heat by not taking a timeout to set up a go-ahead bucket.

I simply don't understand why coaches continuously make this mistake, ESPECIALLY against a terrible defense like Cleveland's. That just makes no sense whatsoever.
Heat had no time-outs left I believe. They finished the game with zero.

Hmm, I could've swore they had one left at the end and it was mentioned by the announcers. Maybe I was mistaken.

« Reply #273 on: January 31, 2018, 10:17:55 PM »

Offline Ogaju

• Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1871
How is that not a flagrant?

Seriously. We are gonna call that a flagrant?

Contact with a man's head while he's in the air? Yeah, I'd call that a flagrant.

Given calls I've seen as flagrants this year, including yes anything to the head basically, it should have been.

Again guys there needs to be some intent, not only was intent lacking but he made a play for the block meaning its not a flagrant. It was a foul tho, that the refs missed.

"Flagrant foul. In basketball, a flagrant foul is a personal foul that involves excessive or violent contact that could injure the fouled player. A flagrant foul may be unintentional or purposeful; the latter type is also called an "intentional foul" in the NBA."

Exactly.  Intent is not a definition of it.

Al got one early in the year when a guard was on the switch, so when he did a drop step and swung his elbow it was at the guard's head.  They called it.  He wasn't even looking so it wasn't intentional.  That's not part of that rule.

Ya, and that shouldn't of been a flagrant. Neither should that on Morris. Contact was made, but it wasn't excessive. Granted the play result in injury but that was more because Morris was off balance hanging on the rim. It was unfortunate. Not a flagrant.

"contact that could injure the fouled player"

So every contact that results in an injury to a  player is a flagrant? Obviously not. There has to be excessive contact, there wasn't. Its unfortunate that Morris was injured but it was incidental. But reasonable people can agree to disagree. I'm just a little tired of every little bit of contact being a flagrant.

No, it was not incidental... it was a breakaway foul. Morris was ahead of Beasley who really had no play on the ball without making contact with a defenseless airborne Morris. It was a bush league play similar to what caused Heyward's injury. NBA should do something about this.

« Reply #274 on: January 31, 2018, 10:18:02 PM »

Offline RJ87

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1406
  • Let's Go Celtics!
#NEBHInjuryReport: Marcus Morris suffered a bruised left hip and will not return to tonight's game.

I'm not that worried. He's a tough guy, sort of expected him to come back out. I feel they likely ruled him out because we had the game in hand.
2021 Houston Rockets
PG: Kyrie Irving/Patty Mills/Jalen Brunson
SG: OG Anunoby/Norman Powell/Matisse Thybulle
SF: Gordon Hayward/Demar Derozan
PF: Giannis Antetokounmpo/Robert Covington
C: Kristaps Porzingis/Bobby Portis/James Wiseman

« Reply #275 on: January 31, 2018, 10:18:54 PM »

Offline manl_lui

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 427
And yet another game blown by the Heat by not taking a timeout to set up a go-ahead bucket.

I simply don't understand why coaches continuously make this mistake, ESPECIALLY against a terrible defense like Cleveland's. That just makes no sense whatsoever.
Heat had no time-outs left I believe. They finished the game with zero.

giggity, make it happen Danny!

« Reply #276 on: January 31, 2018, 10:19:46 PM »

Offline apc

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 437
Baynes must lead the league in missed dunks .
I miss ealy season baynes

« Reply #277 on: January 31, 2018, 10:20:13 PM »

Offline Rosco917

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 559
This game was a nice confidence builder for the bench guys. Good win.

« Reply #278 on: January 31, 2018, 10:20:18 PM »

Offline SCeltic34

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 1956
The Knicks scored 8 points in the 4th.  I can't ask for anything better than that.  Especially if it's the Knicks.

« Reply #279 on: January 31, 2018, 10:21:33 PM »

Offline PAOBoston

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 533
Man, the Knicks really stink

« Reply #280 on: January 31, 2018, 10:21:42 PM »

Offline Snakehead

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 448
Good team win.  Not a lot of playmaking on the floor but solid enough decision making and everyone chipping in was enough.  Good defense as well.  They have the Zingers number.
"I really don't want people to understand me." - Jordan Crawford

« Reply #281 on: January 31, 2018, 10:21:43 PM »

Offline CelticSooner

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 866
  • GOT IT!!!

The best you could hope for in a scary fall like that. Get well soon MM.

« Reply #282 on: January 31, 2018, 10:21:58 PM »

Offline liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 3150

Contact with a man's head while he's in the air? Yeah, I'd call that a flagrant.

Given calls I've seen as flagrants this year, including yes anything to the head basically, it should have been.

Again guys there needs to be some intent, not only was intent lacking but he made a play for the block meaning its not a flagrant. It was a foul tho, that the refs missed.

"Flagrant foul. In basketball, a flagrant foul is a personal foul that involves excessive or violent contact that could injure the fouled player. A flagrant foul may be unintentional or purposeful; the latter type is also called an "intentional foul" in the NBA."

Al got one early in the year when a guard was on the switch, so when he did a drop step and swung his elbow it was at the guard's head.  They called it.  He wasn't even looking so it wasn't intentional.  That's not part of that rule.

Ya, and that shouldn't of been a flagrant. Neither should that on Morris. Contact was made, but it wasn't excessive. Granted the play result in injury but that was more because Morris was off balance hanging on the rim. It was unfortunate. Not a flagrant.

So every contact that results in an injury to a  player is a flagrant? Obviously not. There has to be excessive contact, there wasn't. Its unfortunate that Morris was injured but it was incidental. But reasonable people can agree to disagree. I'm just a little tired of every little bit of contact being a flagrant.

No, it was not incidental... it was a breakaway foul. Morris was ahead of Beasley who really had no play on the ball without making contact with a defenseless airborne Morris. It was a bush league play similar to what caused Heyward's injury. NBA should do something about this.

I agree. It was head hunting at it's finest. Morris falling like that should've tipped the refs that he was hit.

« Reply #283 on: January 31, 2018, 10:22:06 PM »

Offline Ogaju

• Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1871
PP rocking the nerd glasses. lol

Who said we were going to lose this game because Kyrie would not play? People keep underestimating this Celtics team.

« Reply #284 on: January 31, 2018, 10:22:49 PM »

Offline keevsnick

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 549

Yes, it was incidental. He wasn't trying too hurt him. Beasley made a play, it may not have been a good one but he was going for the ball, can't fault the effort. And Haywards play wasn't a flagrant either, neither should it have been. Playing sports sometimes result in injuries, it happens.