Author Topic: 2016 CB Draft: Discussion thread  (Read 206090 times)

Re: 2016 CB Draft: Discussion thread
« Reply #600 on: August 10, 2016, 01:23:31 PM »

Offline Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2412

Hawks

1-  Dennis Schroder
2- DeMar DeRozan
3- Loul Deng
4- Kristaps Porzingis
5- Tyson Chandler

Bench
Lou Williams
TJ Warren
Jose Calderon
David West
Jordan Hill

Thoughts?
I would move Chandler out of the starting lineup then have Porzingis at the 5, Deng at the 4, and have a 2/3 of Warren/Derozan Calderon/DeRozan or Williams/DeRozan.

Chandler looked cooked last year, Porzingis was best at the 5 last year and Deng was best at the 4.

Agreed

I think Atlanta needs more shooting in it's starting lineup. Schroder, DeRozan and Deng are dodgy shooters. Going small and moving Porzingis to get an extra shooter on the court instead of a garbage man center (offensively speaking) would ease a lot of issues offensively.

I'd probably go with TJ Warren.

« Reply #601 on: August 10, 2016, 01:33:46 PM »

Offline Celts Fan 508

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 54

Hawks

1-  Dennis Schroder
2- DeMar DeRozan
3- Loul Deng
4- Kristaps Porzingis
5- Tyson Chandler

Bench
Lou Williams
TJ Warren
Jose Calderon
David West
Jordan Hill

Thoughts?
I would move Chandler out of the starting lineup then have Porzingis at the 5, Deng at the 4, and have a 2/3 of Warren/Derozan Calderon/DeRozan or Williams/DeRozan.

Chandler looked cooked last year, Porzingis was best at the 5 last year and Deng was best at the 4.

Agreed

I think Atlanta needs more shooting in it's starting lineup. Schroder, DeRozan and Deng are dodgy shooters. Going small and moving Porzingis to get an extra shooter on the court instead of a garbage man center (offensively speaking) would ease a lot of issues offensively.

Deng shot .344% from 3 last year and .355% the year before, with a minimum of 220 attempts each of those 2 years.  I do think starting Porzingis over Chandler might open things more, but DeRozan shot .338% from 3 point land this past season as well.  Im torn on starting lineup, I like Lou Williams off of the bench as my scorer.
2019 historical draft.  Pick 12

Tim Duncan, Oscar Robertson, Elgin Baylor, Scottie Pippen, Willis Reed, Mitch Richmond, Sam Jones, Dan Majerle, Bob Cousy, Rasheed Wallace, Shawn Kemp, Marcus Camby

« Reply #602 on: August 10, 2016, 01:46:50 PM »

Offline Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2412

Hawks

1-  Dennis Schroder
2- DeMar DeRozan
3- Loul Deng
4- Kristaps Porzingis
5- Tyson Chandler

Bench
Lou Williams
TJ Warren
Jose Calderon
David West
Jordan Hill

Thoughts?

Agreed

Deng shot .344% from 3 last year and .355% the year before, with a minimum of 220 attempts each of those 2 years.  I do think starting Porzingis over Chandler might open things more, but DeRozan shot .338% from 3 point land this past season as well.  Im torn on starting lineup, I like Lou Williams off of the bench as my scorer.

I didn't say that well. Deng is a useful 3 point shooter just not an above average one. You don't want to be depending on him as your best 3 point shooter amongst starting PG, SG, SF. That is not a comfortable situation.

In terms of Deng at SF -- is that his quickness, ball-handling, slashing, outside shooting and passing are all average or worse. Change him to PF and all of those things becomes pluses for him and he becomes a much more dynamic offensive threat.

Deng was going for 10-11pts and 5reb a game as a SF.

After Miami changed their lineup and moved Deng to PF, Deng was up to 15ppg and 8rpg.

« Reply #603 on: August 10, 2016, 01:51:42 PM »

Offline Celts Fan 508

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 54

Hawks

1-  Dennis Schroder
2- DeMar DeRozan
3- Loul Deng
4- Kristaps Porzingis
5- Tyson Chandler

Bench
Lou Williams
TJ Warren
Jose Calderon
David West
Jordan Hill

Thoughts?

Agreed

I didn't say that well. Deng is a useful 3 point shooter just not an above average one. You don't want to be depending on him as your best 3 point shooter amongst starting PG, SG, SF. That is not a comfortable situation.

In terms of Deng at SF -- is that his quickness, ball-handling, slashing, outside shooting and passing are all average or worse. Change him to PF and all of those things becomes pluses for him and he becomes a much more dynamic offensive threat.

After Miami changed their lineup and moved Deng to PF, Deng was up to 15ppg and 8rpg.

TP, that makes more sense to me.  That is kind of how I was leaning, I was just worried about Porzingis matching up against a select few centers.
2019 historical draft.  Pick 12

Tim Duncan, Oscar Robertson, Elgin Baylor, Scottie Pippen, Willis Reed, Mitch Richmond, Sam Jones, Dan Majerle, Bob Cousy, Rasheed Wallace, Shawn Kemp, Marcus Camby

« Reply #604 on: August 10, 2016, 01:53:28 PM »

Offline snively

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 454

Hawks

1-  Dennis Schroder
2- DeMar DeRozan
3- Loul Deng
4- Kristaps Porzingis
5- Tyson Chandler

Bench
Lou Williams
TJ Warren
Jose Calderon
David West
Jordan Hill

Thoughts?

Agreed

Yeah - Charlotte trying to defend Deng with Kaminsky in the playoffs made him a very dangerous scorer again - put up 19/7/2 on 69TS% that series.
2016 CelticsBlog Draft: Chicago Bulls

Head Coach: Fred Hoiberg

Starters: Rubio, Danny Green, Durant, Markieff Morris, Capela
Bench: Sessions, Shumpert, G. Green, T. Booker, Frye
Deep Bench: CJ Watson, H. Thompson, P. Zipser, Papagiannis, Mejri

« Reply #605 on: August 10, 2016, 02:27:50 PM »

Offline The Rondo Show

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 364
  • Hook 'Em
PG: Eric Gordon / Dante Exum
SG: Evan Fournier /
SF: Stanley Johnson / Bojan Bogdonavic
PF: Ben Simmons / Luc Richard Mbah a Moute / Thomas Robinson
C: Hassan Whiteside / Jakob Poeltl
DKC Suns

« Reply #606 on: August 10, 2016, 02:45:32 PM »

Offline Celtic Fan Forever

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 2437
PG: Eric Gordon / Dante Exum
SG: Evan Fournier /
SF: Stanley Johnson / Bojan Bogdonavic
PF: Ben Simmons / Luc Richard Mbah a Moute / Thomas Robinson
C: Hassan Whiteside / Jakob Poeltl

I'm assuming Simmons is your de-facto PG, I don't think Gordon can really run an offense. I like the shooting around Simmons and Whiteside though: Bojan, Fournier and Gordon are all knock down shooters. I love Stanley Johnson but I think you need a little more defense on the perimeter, EG has definitely lost a step. The big wildcard right now is Exum, I think if he comes in healthy and ready to go it could be a huge lift for your team.
2023 CelticsStrong Historical Draft Champions - OKC Thunder
PG: Chauncey Billups/ Baron Davis
SG: Michael Redd/ Dan Majerle/ Allan Houston
SF: Peja Stojakovic/ Gerald Wallace/ Toni Kukoc
PF: Shawn Kemp/ Antonio McDyess
C: Dwight Howard/ Tyson Chandler

« Reply #607 on: August 10, 2016, 02:49:56 PM »

Offline mkogav

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 537
Your Minnesota Timberwolves!

PG: Isaiah Thomas / Shelvin Mack   
SG: J.J.Redick  / Jamal Crawford   
SF: Maurice Harkless / Justin Anderson   
PF: Kevin Love / Boris Diaw   
C:  Robin Lopez / Cody Zeller / Jason Smith

Mk

Sickness, insanity and death were the angels that surrounded my cradle and they have followed me throughout my life - Edvard Munch

DKC Knicks

« Reply #608 on: August 10, 2016, 03:17:31 PM »

Offline snively

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 454

Mk

I'd love seeing this team play. IT's speed and dynamism working with Love, Redick's hustle, secondary ball-handling and volume shooting. Lopez so active too and Zeller a great transition 5 behind him. And Harkless would enjoy a great offensive. boost as the leak out guy on fast breaks.

Diaw so fun for transition teams too with his positional versatility and passing.

Not crazy about Crawford with all that scoring already in your backcourt. I'd look to move him for another athletic wing.
2016 CelticsBlog Draft: Chicago Bulls

Head Coach: Fred Hoiberg

Starters: Rubio, Danny Green, Durant, Markieff Morris, Capela
Bench: Sessions, Shumpert, G. Green, T. Booker, Frye
Deep Bench: CJ Watson, H. Thompson, P. Zipser, Papagiannis, Mejri

« Reply #609 on: August 10, 2016, 03:35:49 PM »

Offline mkogav

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 537

Mk

I'd love seeing this team play. IT's speed and dynamism working with Love, Redick's hustle, secondary ball-handling and volume shooting. Lopez so active too and Zeller a great transition 5 behind him. And Harkless would enjoy a great offensive. boost as the leak out guy on fast breaks.

Diaw so fun for transition teams too with his positional versatility and passing.

Not crazy about Crawford with all that scoring already in your backcourt. I'd look to move him for another athletic wing.

Thanks for the feedback. This would be a fun team, not only to watch, I believe Wolves fans would love routing for a team like this, which would win 50-55 games each season.

I like Crawford as 6th man. IRL, he already plays with CP3, Redick, and Blake. I believes he balances the scoring out with the second unit.

Mk

Sickness, insanity and death were the angels that surrounded my cradle and they have followed me throughout my life - Edvard Munch

DKC Knicks

« Reply #610 on: August 10, 2016, 03:44:06 PM »

Offline Denis998

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 388
  • Rutgers '17
Thoughts on today's new additions? Added Tim Hardaway and Lance Thomas. Not the biggest names, but are high impact guys off the bench.

« Reply #611 on: August 10, 2016, 03:47:09 PM »

Offline pearljammer10

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 885
The CB draft Boston Celtics are flying under the radar.

PG: Tony Parker/Mo Williams
SG: Alec Burks/Manu Ginobili
SF: Al Faroq-Aminu/Jared Dudley/Tony Snell
PF: Dirk Nowitzki/JaMychal Green
C:  Deandre Jordan/Roy Hibbert/Alex Len

« Reply #612 on: August 10, 2016, 03:58:05 PM »

Offline Celtic Fan Forever

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 2437

I like the talent, but I question how they will hold up over an 82 game season. Burks is the only guy on the right side of 30 in your backcourt, and Dirk (as great as he's been) is 38 years old. I do really like the Dirk/DeAndre frontcourt though, and Dudley is a great small ball 4 option off the bench. Only thing I'd do is try to add more youth/athleticism in the backcourt, because I think your team will struggle against teams with those type of players.
2023 CelticsStrong Historical Draft Champions - OKC Thunder
PG: Chauncey Billups/ Baron Davis
SG: Michael Redd/ Dan Majerle/ Allan Houston
SF: Peja Stojakovic/ Gerald Wallace/ Toni Kukoc
PF: Shawn Kemp/ Antonio McDyess
C: Dwight Howard/ Tyson Chandler

« Reply #613 on: August 10, 2016, 04:02:22 PM »

Offline Rondo2287

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 816
I now have 4 backup pg's jameer Nelson, Ray Felton, tyus jones and JJ barea.  If somebody is interested in making a move I am interested in defensive minded wing players
CB Draft LA Lakers: Lamarcus Aldridge, Carmelo Anthony,Jrue Holiday, Wes Matthews  6.11, 7.16, 8.14, 8.15, 9.16, 11.5, 11.16

« Reply #614 on: August 10, 2016, 04:39:03 PM »

Offline pearljammer10

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 885

I like the talent, but I question how they will hold up over an 82 game season. Burks is the only guy on the right side of 30 in your backcourt, and Dirk (as great as he's been) is 38 years old. I do really like the Dirk/DeAndre frontcourt though, and Dudley is a great small ball 4 option off the bench. Only thing I'd do is try to add more youth/athleticism in the backcourt, because I think your team will struggle against teams with those type of players.

Completely agree. Good assessment.