Author Topic: 2016 CB Draft: Discussion thread  (Read 206122 times)

Re: 2016 CB Draft: Discussion thread
« Reply #555 on: August 09, 2016, 07:50:29 PM »

Offline KGs Knee

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 1544
Charlotte Hornets

Coach: Steve Clifford

C- Andrew Bogut | Marreese Speights
F- Al Horford | PJ Tucker
F- Chandler Parsons | Joe Ingles
G- JR Smith | Tyler Johnson
G- Mike Conley Jr | Raul Neto

Probably not your biggest "names" coming off the bench, but they are pretty efficient players and good to very good three point shooters.  In fact, the only guy on this team that cant shoot three's is Bogut.  Everyone else is above 38% expect Horford (34%) and Conley (36%).

Low end playoff team perhaps.  Depends on how Parsons bounces back.

I figured some (most???) might say that.  Roster lacks a sure-fire top 10 player.  You can't get far in a CB draft it seems without one.

Nearly impossible to get one though from smack dab in the middle of the draft without giving up an arm and a leg, however.

I'll say this though, I've looked at the roster that do have sure-fire top 10 players, and none truly seem to have the complimentary talent that makes them truly stand out.  Not like I've seen from past CB draft champions.

Voting should be interesting, I'm don't see any one team that sticks out as a front runner.

« Reply #556 on: August 09, 2016, 07:54:22 PM »

Online wdleehi

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1607
  • Basketball is Newtonian Physics

The Now Knicks

PG  Irving
SG C. Lee
SF Shabazz Muhammad
PF Marcus Morris
C  Drummond

Bench
SG Hield
PF/C Sullinger
PF/C Marquese Chriss

I will be honest, I didn't expect to go with two rookies, but they were just to great of values when I picked them.   I mean, which real NBA team would trade the veteran players drafted around them (in this game) for them?

How did the change in he hack a shaq rules effect your strategy?

Not to much.  I always like to have a strong big man.  It will help the team allowing Drummond to be out there the last two minutes of all quarters without taking the ball out of Irvings hands. 

« Reply #557 on: August 09, 2016, 07:56:40 PM »

Online wdleehi

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1607
  • Basketball is Newtonian Physics
Charlotte Hornets

Probably not your biggest "names" coming off the bench, but they are pretty efficient players and good to very good three point shooters.  In fact, the only guy on this team that cant shoot three's is Bogut.  Everyone else is above 38% expect Horford (34%) and Conley (36%).

I figured some (most???) might say that.  Roster lacks a sure-fire top 10 player.  You can't get far in a CB draft it seems without one.

Nearly impossible to get one though from smack dab in the middle of the draft without giving up an arm and a leg, however.

I'll say this though, I've looked at the roster that do have sure-fire top 10 players, and none truly seem to have the complimentary talent that makes them truly stand out.  Not like I've seen from past CB draft champions.

Voting should be interesting, I'm don't see any one team that sticks out as a front runner.

Always true about picking in the middle.   I think this might have been my highest drafting point. 

Yep, the cost to trade up is huge.  Of course, the most successful to trade down are the ones that do the best job arguing up their teams.

« Reply #558 on: August 09, 2016, 08:04:00 PM »

Offline Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2412
Charlotte Hornets

Agreed. There seems to be a great deal of parity this year.

« Reply #559 on: August 09, 2016, 08:09:30 PM »

Offline snively

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 454
Charlotte Hornets

Agreed. There seems to be a great deal of parity this year.

30 team draft - harder to load up on stars and top-shelf roleplayers. I think the Pistons probably got the best spot in the draft once Blake fell to them.
2016 CelticsBlog Draft: Chicago Bulls

Head Coach: Fred Hoiberg

Starters: Rubio, Danny Green, Durant, Markieff Morris, Capela
Bench: Sessions, Shumpert, G. Green, T. Booker, Frye
Deep Bench: CJ Watson, H. Thompson, P. Zipser, Papagiannis, Mejri

« Reply #560 on: August 09, 2016, 08:10:30 PM »

Offline KGs Knee

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 1544
There seems to be a great deal of parity this year.

I think is mainly because we haven't really seen a true "blockbuster" trade yet.

« Reply #561 on: August 09, 2016, 08:11:40 PM »

Offline snively

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 454
The Kings trading into two first round picks gave them an edge too.
2016 CelticsBlog Draft: Chicago Bulls

Head Coach: Fred Hoiberg

Starters: Rubio, Danny Green, Durant, Markieff Morris, Capela
Bench: Sessions, Shumpert, G. Green, T. Booker, Frye
Deep Bench: CJ Watson, H. Thompson, P. Zipser, Papagiannis, Mejri

« Reply #562 on: August 09, 2016, 08:34:13 PM »

Offline Denis998

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 388
  • Rutgers '17
The Kings trading into two first round picks gave them an edge too.
looking at your roster, you have done a great job drafting. Team works rather well built around KD.

« Reply #563 on: August 09, 2016, 08:50:42 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
Oklahoma City Thunder

PG: Jeff Teague
SG: Rodney Hood
SF: C. J. Miles
PF: Draymond Green
C: Mason Plumlee

Bench: Ryan Anderson, Leandro Barbosa, Jeremy Lamb
No one ever comments,on my Thunder.    :-[

« Reply #564 on: August 09, 2016, 08:59:12 PM »

Offline Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2412
Oklahoma City Thunder

I find them a tough team to figure out. Unusual composition of players.

I do really like the passing of Draymond and Plumlee though. Impressive passing combo. That is what stands out the most to me. Those two players. Their passing, their mobility defensively and their rebounding.
« Last Edit: August 09, 2016, 09:19:56 PM by Who »

« Reply #565 on: August 09, 2016, 11:23:51 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
Oklahoma City Thunder

I do really like the passing of Draymond and Plumlee though. Impressive passing combo. That is what stands out the most to me. Those two players. Their passing, their mobility defensively and their rebounding.
I was going for a team that with Dray, Plumlee and Teague could pass the ball around but also have two long wings that could shoot the three for spacing. I wanted Ryan Andeerson off the bench for his three point shooting and scoring as well as spacing in a small ball team where Dray/Ryan/Lamb or Miles/Hood/Teague or Barbosa could go small and run and shoot from the outside. My next to picks are probably going to be defensive minded players

« Reply #566 on: August 09, 2016, 11:44:40 PM »

Offline Kane3387

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 944
  • Intensity!!!
Cleveland Cavaliers

C: Greg Monroe
PF: Serge Ibaka
SF: Joe Johnson
SG: Brandon Knight
PG: Andre Igoudala

Bench:

Kyle Korver
Thabo Sefolosha
Al Jefferson
Taj Gibson
Brandon Jennings
Michael Carter Williams
Richard Jefferson

Very deep, but no one that will likely make the difference deep in the playoffs. 

Playoffs, probably.   (honestly, until we compare teams, hard to know)

Title contender, not without a big move.

I get everything you say for sure. Typically teams like mine with so much depth tend to perform well in the regular season because they can withstand the grind of an 82 game season better.

In regards to playoffs that will certainly be dependent on matchups. I will say that unlike the RL league there aren't really any juggernaut teams in this league that can overwhelm you with talent. The stars are too spread out amongst the league and no team has a collection of them. I think this league is pretty wide open honestly.

Does anyone even have a big 3? I know melo and Aldridge are paired up and there are some other good duos but the fact there really aren't any big threes says something about the parity we have.

KG: "Dude.... What is up with yo shorts?!"

CBD_2016 Cavs Remaining Picks - 14.14

« Reply #567 on: August 10, 2016, 01:41:26 AM »

Offline riah32

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 94
Oklahoma City Thunder

I was going for a team that with Dray, Plumlee and Teague could pass the ball around but also have two long wings that could shoot the three for spacing. I wanted Ryan Andeerson off the bench for his three point shooting and scoring as well as spacing in a small ball team where Dray/Ryan/Lamb or Miles/Hood/Teague or Barbosa could go small and run and shoot from the outside. My next to picks are probably going to be defensive minded players

I like what you got going on in Okc a nice mixture of kind guys and veterans. I think your right to be looking for a couple of defensive minded guys with your next to picks.
Indiana Pacers-Celticsblog Draft Team

« Reply #568 on: August 10, 2016, 06:35:01 AM »

Offline Rondo2287

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 816
Cleveland Cavaliers

C: Greg Monroe
PF: Serge Ibaka
SF: Joe Johnson
SG: Brandon Knight
PG: Andre Igoudala

Bench:

Kyle Korver
Thabo Sefolosha
Al Jefferson
Taj Gibson
Brandon Jennings
Michael Carter Williams
Richard Jefferson

Very deep, but no one that will likely make the difference deep in the playoffs. 

Playoffs, probably.   (honestly, until we compare teams, hard to know)

Title contender, not without a big move.

I get everything you say for sure. Typically teams like mine with so much depth tend to perform well in the regular season because they can withstand the grind of an 82 game season better.

In regards to playoffs that will certainly be dependent on matchups. I will say that unlike the RL league there aren't really any juggernaut teams in this league that can overwhelm you with talent. The stars are too spread out amongst the league and no team has a collection of them. I think this league is pretty wide open honestly.

Does anyone even have a big 3? I know melo and Aldridge are paired up and there are some other good duos but the fact there really aren't any big threes says something about the parity we have.

Melo Aldridge and Holiday is probably the best three man core in this game so far
CB Draft LA Lakers: Lamarcus Aldridge, Carmelo Anthony,Jrue Holiday, Wes Matthews  6.11, 7.16, 8.14, 8.15, 9.16, 11.5, 11.16

« Reply #569 on: August 10, 2016, 08:07:41 AM »

Offline KG Living Legend

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1136
 Any feedback on My Squad other than its too young.

My big three is Lowry, Wade, Okafor lol.

Okafor
 Randle
 Turner
 Wade
 Lowry

Thon Maker
 Sabonis
 J. Grant
 Valentine