Author Topic: 2016 CB Draft: Discussion thread  (Read 206122 times)

Re: 2016 CB Draft: Discussion thread
« Reply #375 on: August 04, 2016, 08:45:15 PM »

Offline Kane3387

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 944
  • Intensity!!!
Cleveland Cavaliers

C: Greg Monroe
PF: Serge Ibaka
SF:
SG: Brandon Knight
PG: Andre Igoudala

Monroe is tremendous value at the end of the 4th. I like his fit with Ibaka too, I think they compliment each other very well as Ibaka will space the floor and play defense whereas Monroe can operate down low and control the glass.

Thanks and with 7 picks in the next three rounds I like where my team is at. I look around the league and think these four guys can match up with most teams. I think they all complement one another well.

KG: "Dude.... What is up with yo shorts?!"

CBD_2016 Cavs Remaining Picks - 14.14

« Reply #376 on: August 04, 2016, 09:53:20 PM »

Offline snively

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 454
PG:
SG: Fournier
SF: Stanley
PF: Simmons
C: Whiteside

Please help my team. Looking for a trade

Might be good to go young and own the future.  A lot of really good young talent still left on the board and you've already got a great combo with Stanley and Simmons. Fournier only 23 too.
2016 CelticsBlog Draft: Chicago Bulls

Head Coach: Fred Hoiberg

Starters: Rubio, Danny Green, Durant, Markieff Morris, Capela
Bench: Sessions, Shumpert, G. Green, T. Booker, Frye
Deep Bench: CJ Watson, H. Thompson, P. Zipser, Papagiannis, Mejri

« Reply #377 on: August 04, 2016, 10:55:50 PM »

Offline The Walker Wiggle

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 758
  • Pretend Hinkie
Cleveland Cavaliers

SF:

Monroe is tremendous value at the end of the 4th. I like his fit with Ibaka too, I think they compliment each other very well as Ibaka will space the floor and play defense whereas Monroe can operate down low and control the glass.

Thanks and with 7 picks in the next three rounds I like where my team is at. I look around the league and think these four guys can match up with most teams. I think they all complement one another well.

Seven picks in the next three rounds? Wow. I'm a long time fan of Iguodala, Ibaka and Knight. And that's an excellent defensive foundation. On offense, I do wonder, who's your first option? Second? I'd like to see Ibaka get more opportunities around the basket than he has in OKC the past two seasons. His game has suffered as he's been pushed towards the corners. What's Monroe's jumper like?

You may want to line up Knight at the 1. Though I'm fine with the current arrangement, I tried to run Andre as my point forward back on my CB Draft 2012 Warriors (Ginobili, Klay Thompson, Iguodala, Anthony Davis, Channing Frye) and got left out the playoffs. For whatever that's worth. (Oh look, I'm trying it again.)
« Last Edit: August 04, 2016, 11:27:31 PM by The Walker Wiggle »

« Reply #378 on: August 05, 2016, 12:39:04 AM »

Offline Kane3387

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 944
  • Intensity!!!
Cleveland Cavaliers

SF:

Seven picks in the next three rounds? Wow. I'm a long time fan of Iguodala, Ibaka and Knight. And that's an excellent defensive foundation. On offense, I do wonder, who's your first option? Second? I'd like to see Ibaka get more opportunities around the basket than he has in OKC the past two seasons. His game has suffered as he's been pushed towards the corners. What's Monroe's jumper like?

You may want to line up Knight at the 1. Though I'm fine with the current arrangement, I tried to run Andre as my point forward back on my CB Draft 2012 Warriors (Ginobili, Klay Thompson, Iguodala, Anthony Davis, Channing Frye) and got left out the playoffs. For whatever that's worth. (Oh look, I'm trying it again.)

Davis and Klay were pretty raw as far as NBA seasoning goes than tho. I think that hurt you more than running iggy at the one. Werent iggy and Manu your first two picks? I seem to remember ppl being high on that backcourt at the conclusion of round 2.

KG: "Dude.... What is up with yo shorts?!"

CBD_2016 Cavs Remaining Picks - 14.14

« Reply #379 on: August 05, 2016, 08:31:06 AM »

Online RJ87

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1410
  • Let's Go Celtics!
Looking to move 6.7 and 9.24 to get into the 5th round (also alternatively interested in dealing 9.24 and 11.24 to get into round 7)
2021 Houston Rockets
PG: Kyrie Irving/Patty Mills/Jalen Brunson
SG: OG Anunoby/Norman Powell/Matisse Thybulle
SF: Gordon Hayward/Demar Derozan
PF: Giannis Antetokounmpo/Robert Covington
C: Kristaps Porzingis/Bobby Portis/James Wiseman

« Reply #380 on: August 05, 2016, 10:29:39 AM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
Looking to move 6.7 and 9.24 to get into the 5th round (also alternatively interested in dealing 9.24 and 11.24 to get into round 7)
I have 6.5 and 9.3 to offer  to get into the 5th round. PM me.

« Reply #381 on: August 05, 2016, 10:30:15 AM »

Offline Yoki_IsTheName

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1304
  • I'm a Paul Heyman guy.
With 5.1 the Trailblazers select Thaddeus Young. Sorry if the round isn't open, but I'm going to have limited access for the next couple of hours.

Thadd was one of my three BPA picks. Underrated small ball four, plus defender who eats off junk shots. One of my favorites in Brooklyn these past two seasons.

One of the best players left. If only he can shoot threes, he's the perfect small ball 4.
2019 CStrong Historical Draft 2000s OKC Thunder.
PG: Jrue Holiday / Isaiah Thomas / Larry Hughes
SG: Paul George / Aaron McKie / Bradley Beal
SF: Paul Pierce / Tayshaun Prince / Brian Scalabrine
PF: LaMarcus Aldridge / Shareef Abdur-Raheem / Ben Simmons
C: Jermaine O'neal / Ben Wallace

« Reply #382 on: August 05, 2016, 11:13:40 AM »

Offline mkogav

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 537
The Minnesota Timberwolves will run up the score on everyone:

PG   Isaiah Thomas
SG   J.J.Redick
SF   
PF   Kevin Love
C    Robin Lopez
6th  Jamal Crawford

Outside of KLove locking down Curry, will they be able to stop anyone?

Mk

I know this is fake, but I would love to see that team play, would be a lot of fun, unfortunately you have the wrong coach for that type of team.

I believe the opposite.

Teams with great individual defenders don't necessarily need a great defensive coach. A team like my CB Wolves who don't have great/plus individual defenders outside of Lopez, need a coach like Thibs who can create/motivate great team defensive play from it's players.

Thibs will get a headache trying to get those guys to play defense.

Thib's will loose his voice after the first 30 minutes of practice rather than 60 minutes.

Mk
« Last Edit: August 05, 2016, 11:56:00 AM by mkogav »

Sickness, insanity and death were the angels that surrounded my cradle and they have followed me throughout my life - Edvard Munch

DKC Knicks

« Reply #383 on: August 05, 2016, 11:20:49 AM »

Offline Yoki_IsTheName

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1304
  • I'm a Paul Heyman guy.
I only have THREE guys on my draft board, so for the love of God DO NOT PICK ALL OF THEM!

Also, solid pick KGK with Andrew Bogut. Always have been my favorite player. I worry that your starting front court is a little slow, though?
2019 CStrong Historical Draft 2000s OKC Thunder.
PG: Jrue Holiday / Isaiah Thomas / Larry Hughes
SG: Paul George / Aaron McKie / Bradley Beal
SF: Paul Pierce / Tayshaun Prince / Brian Scalabrine
PF: LaMarcus Aldridge / Shareef Abdur-Raheem / Ben Simmons
C: Jermaine O'neal / Ben Wallace

« Reply #384 on: August 05, 2016, 11:28:48 AM »

Online RJ87

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1410
  • Let's Go Celtics!
With the 5th pick in the 5th Round the Denver Nuggets select Monta Ellis

Interesting team Chilly's building there.
2021 Houston Rockets
PG: Kyrie Irving/Patty Mills/Jalen Brunson
SG: OG Anunoby/Norman Powell/Matisse Thybulle
SF: Gordon Hayward/Demar Derozan
PF: Giannis Antetokounmpo/Robert Covington
C: Kristaps Porzingis/Bobby Portis/James Wiseman

« Reply #385 on: August 05, 2016, 01:37:07 PM »

Offline The Walker Wiggle

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 758
  • Pretend Hinkie
Pretend Sam Hinkie's 2016-17 Philadelphia 76ers:

#PointGiannis
PG/SG Devin Booker
SF Danilo Gallinari
PF Amir Johnson
C Nerlens Noel

I NEARLY covered the full 22'9" to the three point arc with my first three picks (7'1", 7'3", and 7'4" wingspans) Thoughts? I've got one more pick this round. Can I start Johnson? Should I play Gallo as a stretch 4? Do I need a traditional point guard more or another big? I'm happy to return the favor.

« Reply #386 on: August 05, 2016, 01:58:41 PM »

Offline Denis998

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 388
  • Rutgers '17
Thoughts on my roster so far?
Reggie Jackson
CJ McCollum
--------------------------
Blake Griffin
Gorgui Dieng

« Reply #387 on: August 05, 2016, 01:59:19 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
Pretend Sam Hinkie's 2016-17 Philadelphia 76ers:

#PointGiannis
PG/SG Devin Booker
SF Danilo Gallinari
PF Amir Johnson
C Nerlens Noel

I NEARLY covered the full 22'9" to the three point arc with my first three picks (7'1", 7'3", and 7'4" wingspans) Thoughts? I've got one more pick this round. Can I start Johnson? Should I play Gallo as a stretch 4? Do I need a traditional point guard more or another big? I'm happy to return the favor.

Devin Booker is a great playmaker and passer and can share ball handling/PG duties with Giannis. But between Amir and Nerlens you have little to no front court scoring. I think you need a backup up front that can put the ball in the hoop on a regular basis

« Reply #388 on: August 05, 2016, 02:01:02 PM »

Offline mkogav

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 537
#PointGiannis
PG/SG Devin Booker
SF Danilo Gallinari
PF Amir Johnson
C Nerlens Noel

I NEARLY covered the full 22'9" to the three point arc with my first three picks (7'1", 7'3", and 7'4" wingspans) Thoughts?

Crazy!!

Can I start Johnson?

Amir is certainly startable. IMO, he's better suited coming off the bench behind Noel, with a PF who has 3pt range starting at the 4.

Should I play Gallo as a stretch 4?

He can play stretch 4 depending on the rest of the lineup. Gallo can not be depended on to start at the 4.

Do I need a traditional point guard more or another big?

Your teams needs a secondary ball handler when one of Giannis or Booker are on the bench. This player doesn't need to be a traditional PG b/c Booker or Giannis will have the ball in his hands. A better fit would be a shooting PG with 3pt range.

Choosing between a secondary ball handling guard and a big, I believe your team's biggest need right now is a PF/C who can shoot the 3.

Mk

Sickness, insanity and death were the angels that surrounded my cradle and they have followed me throughout my life - Edvard Munch

DKC Knicks

« Reply #389 on: August 05, 2016, 02:02:41 PM »

Offline The Rondo Show

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 364
  • Hook 'Em
Offense:

PG: Simmons
SG: Gordon
SF: Fournier
PF: Johnson