Author Topic: Paul Pierce trolls Lebron  (Read 10178 times)

Paul Pierce trolls Lebron
« on: May 21, 2020, 08:35:40 AM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25636
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
Paul Pierce has his own truth on the greatest five players in NBA history, and LeBron James is not one of them.

Though James, a three-time champion and four-time MVP, is in the running to be the greatest NBA player of all time (a title probably reserved for Michael Jordan), Pierce thinks there are at least five players above LeBron. The argument is a little ridiculous, but Pierce, a retired Boston Celtics star, explained on what grounds he ranks LeBron so low.

“What has LeBron did to build up any organization from the ground? I’m talking about these players, top-5 players. Bill Russell built the organization of Boston, Kareem, Magic, Jordan, Tim Duncan, Kobe, Bird,” Pierce said. “These guys are all-time top 10 players who helped build their organization or continued the tradition.”

I like it.  I don’t agree with it, but I like that the rivalry is still alive with Paul.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

Re: Paul Pierce trolls Lebron
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2020, 08:49:17 AM »

Offline Donoghus

• Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1607
  • What a Pub Should Be
He's wrong but I love the trolling.

2010 CB Historical Draft - Best Overall Team

« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2020, 08:50:59 AM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2961
Tommy Point s

for

The Captain ! 

« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2020, 08:53:17 AM »

Offline Donoghus

• Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • What a Pub Should Be
It's also hilarious because you see all the Lebron fanboys getting up in arms about it on top of the rejuvenated MJ stuff from Last Dance.

« Reply #4 on: May 21, 2020, 09:18:06 AM »

Offline celts10

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 25
Paul Pierce has his own truth on the greatest five players in NBA history, and LeBron James is not one of them.

Though James, a three-time champion and four-time MVP, is in the running to be the greatest NBA player of all time (a title probably reserved for Michael Jordan), Pierce thinks there are at least five players above LeBron. The argument is a little ridiculous, but Pierce, a retired Boston Celtics star, explained on what grounds he ranks LeBron so low.

“What has LeBron did to build up any organization from the ground? I’m talking about these players, top-5 players. Bill Russell built the organization of Boston, Kareem, Magic, Jordan, Tim Duncan, Kobe, Bird,” Pierce said. “These guys are all-time top 10 players who helped build their organization or continued the tradition.”

I like it.  I don’t agree with it, but I like that the rivalry is still alive with Paul.

I'm surprised he didn't mention KG in building Minnesota.

« Reply #5 on: May 21, 2020, 10:00:48 AM »

Offline hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 2700
I love it! Pierce has stood toe to toe with Lebron throughout his career and the results show he he's played him to a draw across all their matchups.

https://twitter.com/TermineRadio/status/1263190010221625345

Lebron took advantage of a historically weak eastern conference for a long time. Whenever he had to face superstars in their prime in the playoffs, he has not faired so well. Definitely not as a top 5 player would.

« Reply #6 on: May 21, 2020, 10:33:51 AM »

Offline GreenFaith1819

• NCE
  • Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 2785
Love ya, Truth, but you've lost some marbles with this one.

LeBron Raymone James is SQUARELY a top 5 player of ALL TIME, period.

And out of that list of players he stated, name me ONE that could've dragged that CLE team in 2006-07 to the NBA Finals.

An INCREDIBLE feat...doesn't get talked about as much as it should. LeBron Raymone James was INCREDIBLE that season.

Can anyone here name CLE's SECOND BEST player back then? Big Z? Side Show? In 2006-07?

EACH of those players had KEY help along their way...EACH of them.

I can't stand LeBron James from a COMPETITIVE standpoint, I give folks that much. But I hope that our Paul Pierce won't let the fact that James has run roughshod over BOS most of the time cloud his brain.

The NBA has been LeBron James' China Shop and guess who's the Bull (not Michael).

« Reply #7 on: May 21, 2020, 10:35:00 AM »

Offline Somebody

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 560
  • STAND FIRM, SAY NO TO VIBE MEN
The salt is strong with this one, but I like it lol.
Jaylen Brown for All-NBA

« Reply #8 on: May 21, 2020, 10:36:39 AM »

Offline Somebody

• Tiny Archibald

LeBron Raymone James is SQUARELY a top 10 player of ALL TIME, period.

And out of that list of players he stated, name me ONE that could've dragged that CLE team in 2006-07 to the NBA Finals.

An INCREDIBLE feat...doesn't get talked about as much as it should. LeBron Raymone James was INCREDIBLE that season.

Can anyone here name CLE's SECOND BEST player back then? Big Z? Side Show? In 2006-07?

I can't stand LeBron James from a COMPETITIVE standpoint, I give folks that much. But I hope that our Paul Pierce won't let the fact that James has run roughshod over BOS most of the time cloud his brain.

The NBA has been LeBron James' China Shop and guess who's the Bull (not Michael).
Uhhhh anyone not named Kobe on that list? Let's be honest, 2007 LeBron was not peak LeBron lol (2009-2017/2018). But yes, Pierce has lost his marbles with that take lol.
Jaylen Brown for All-NBA

« Reply #9 on: May 21, 2020, 10:41:22 AM »

Offline GreenFaith1819

• NCE
  • Reggie Lewis

Uhhhh anyone not named Kobe on that list? Let's be honest, 2007 LeBron was not peak LeBron lol (2009-2017/2018). But yes, Pierce has lost his marbles with that take lol.

LeBron wasn't PEAK then but he certainly was good enough all-round to bring that team to the Finals then.

No one on that list could've taken that team to the Finals...not by themselves with that roster AS IT.

David ain't coming to help Duncan this time...no McHale and Chief to help Larry...........etc, etc, etc....

« Reply #10 on: May 21, 2020, 10:56:45 AM »

Offline Somebody

• Tiny Archibald

LeBron wasn't PEAK then but he certainly was good enough all-round to bring that team to the Finals then.

No one on that list could've taken that team to the Finals...not by themselves with that roster AS IT.

David ain't coming to help Duncan this time...no McHale and Chief to help Larry...........etc, etc, etc....
Duncan had one of the more impressive carry-jobs in '03 with a very old (but still amazing in limited minutes) Admiral while Larry turned a lottery Celtic squad into a title contender overnight without McHale and Parish. I think 2007 LeBron was clearly a level below rookie Larry, ntm peak Duncan. Most of the players he listed with the exception of Kobe (even then, 2006/2008 Kobe was a superior player compared to 2007 LeBron imo) would've very likely taken that Cavs team to the finals or even the promised land.

This isn't to say that LeBron isn't a top 5 player of all time (if not top 3 or 4 lol), I just think using his 2007 campaign to make an argument for Pierce losing his marbles isn't the best idea.
Jaylen Brown for All-NBA

« Reply #11 on: May 21, 2020, 11:28:07 AM »

Offline GreenFaith1819

• NCE
  • Reggie Lewis

Duncan had one of the more impressive carry-jobs in '03 with a very old (but still amazing in limited minutes) Admiral while Larry turned a lottery Celtic squad into a title contender overnight without McHale and Parish. I think 2007 LeBron was clearly a level below rookie Larry, ntm peak Duncan. Most of the players he listed with the exception of Kobe (even then, 2006/2008 Kobe was a superior player compared to 2007 LeBron imo) would've very likely taken that Cavs team to the finals or even the promised land.

This isn't to say that LeBron isn't a top 5 player of all time (if not top 3 or 4 lol), I just think using his 2007 campaign to make an argument for Pierce losing his marbles isn't the best idea.

I get your argument but I still don't see ANY player on Paul's list taking that 2006-07 CLE team to the Finals.

LeBron did it.

« Reply #12 on: May 21, 2020, 11:32:40 AM »

Offline Donoghus

• Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • What a Pub Should Be

I get your argument but I still don't see ANY player on Paul's list taking that 2006-07 CLE team to the Finals.

LeBron did it.

I think Jordan could've.  I wouldn't put it past prime Kareem.  Heck, prime Shaq (who wasn't even listed) would've had a decent shot.   That was not a good Eastern Conference.

« Reply #13 on: May 21, 2020, 11:44:11 AM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25636
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley

LeBron did it.

And then he ran into Duncan and got swept.

I agree with Somebody:  Duncan and Larry showed they could add 30+ wins to their teams immediately. That’s insane.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #14 on: May 21, 2020, 11:44:58 AM »

Offline GreenFaith1819

• NCE
  • Reggie Lewis

LeBron did it.

I think Jordan could've.  I wouldn't put it past prime Kareem.  Heck, prime Shaq (who wasn't even listed) would've had a decent shot.   That was not a good Eastern Conference.

Mike may have had the TALENT but his LEADERSHIP style (which is NOW finally coming to light) would've broken that 2006-07 CLE team.

They would not have had Scotty Pippen to play Mom versus Mike's DAD approach. Everyone reportedly loved Scotty....Mike? Not so much......

Shaq? Kareem? Who is going to reliably get them the ball on that 2006-07 CLE team? Larry Hughes? David Wesley?

Whose going to defend the perimeter?