Author Topic: "Mutual interest" between Celtics and FA J-Crossover  (Read 6169 times)

Re: "Mutual interest" between Celtics and FA J-Crossover
« Reply #30 on: September 18, 2018, 02:31:07 AM »

Offline mqtcelticsfan

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 236
I feel like we don’t need him.  We don’t lack people who can create shots.  If he were an off-ball sniper then that would be one thing, but he’s not.  Throw in the fact that he might be the single worst defensive player in the league at this point in his career... and no thanks.

Not sure I agree with that once you get past the starters. The only non-starters that can really create for themselves at all are Rozier and Morris, and Morris can only do it in certain settings.

How many teams have multiple players who can create coming off their bench? How many can do it on GSW's bench? If all of our starters can do it (w/o counting guys on the bench who can) then we are more than fine. It's rare as is to have 5 guys that start who all can, let's not make this something more important than it is. The bench has plenty of guys who are competent at getting themselves something or at least are able to do it for others. You're never going to play a full bench lineup in important moments unless something goes terribly wrong anyway, there will always be 1-2 guys who can get their own/create and with the way CBS does it, there is always at least 2.

Seems as though we could make that a comparative strength, then. We have depth everywhere as it is, it’s not like signing Crawford would be at the expense of some pressing need on the roster.

« Reply #31 on: September 18, 2018, 02:39:59 AM »

Online 86MaxwellSmart

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 379
Everyone on the fence about Crawford, gonna be mad when he signs with GS

Of course we need him--I've seen this guy knock down high pressure shots for the past 10 years.
Larry Bird was Greater than you think.

« Reply #32 on: September 18, 2018, 02:52:39 AM »

Offline ImShakHeIsShaq

• NCE
  • Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 804
Everyone on the fence about Crawford, gonna be mad when he signs with GS

Of course we need him--I've seen this guy knock down high pressure shots for the past 10 years.

I won't be mad and the only way I would know is if I see it here. They don't scare me.
It takes me 3hrs to get to Miami and 1hr to get to Orlando... but I *SPIT* on their NBA teams! "Bless God and bless the (Celts)"-Lady GaGa (she said gays but she really meant Celts)

« Reply #33 on: September 18, 2018, 05:14:41 AM »

Offline playdream

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 88
Crawford is a proven NBA player. If he’s cool riding the pine most games, what’s the harm in signing him?

Exactly. What's the harm having 3 times 6th-player-of-the-year veteran at the bench?! I see only contribution just for his presence and advices to the young guys.
Advice to not play defense and shot first for inefficient shots? no thank you

« Reply #34 on: September 19, 2018, 12:45:28 PM »

Offline rondofan1255

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 527
Rozier can emulate some of his moves

« Reply #35 on: September 19, 2018, 12:53:04 PM »

Offline RockinRyA

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 699
Crawford is a proven NBA player. If he’s cool riding the pine most games, what’s the harm in signing him?

Exactly. What's the harm having 3 times 6th-player-of-the-year veteran at the bench?! I see only contribution just for his presence and advices to the young guys.
Advice to not play defense and shot first for inefficient shots? no thank you

Do you seriously think any single NBA player will tell you that?

« Reply #36 on: September 19, 2018, 01:02:48 PM »

Offline hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 2700
I'm just wondering, for the people who say no to Crawford, what players would you prefer that are out there for the 15th spot?