Author Topic: First Round Game 2: Atlanta Hawks at Boston Celtics, 4/23/08 (8:00pm, TNT / CSN)  (Read 40012 times)

Offline Scott

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 108
Man, I hope Pierce isn't hurt too bad.

Looks as though he was a little shaken up but appears he is still hurting.

Offline BASSTHUMPER

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 352
paul hurtin...i like how when he got up he dusted that dirt off his shoulder..

i hope he alrite..

Offline Scott

• Jayson Tatum
Rondo's shot is looking good.

Offline BASSTHUMPER

• Bailey Howell
low back strain..paul will be backkk...!

now enters powe pimpin...

Offline Scott

• Jayson Tatum
Just reported Pierce has a lower back strain and will play again. 

Offline BASSTHUMPER

• Bailey Howell
posey is doin his thang...
when paul went down posey stepped up...

Offline Steve Weinman

• Author / Moderator
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 33
  • My alter ego
posey is doin his thang...
when paul went down posey stepped up...

Pose's quickness has long been one of the most underrated facets of his game.  Great cut, sweet dish from Powe...beauty all around!

-sw

Reggies Ghost: Where artistic genius happens.  Thank you, sir.

Offline Neurotic Guy

• Dave Cowens
  • Tommy Points: 2509
I missed the play the Pierce got hurt.  Can someone describe the injury?  Did he twist awkwardly (which I assume because of the report of strained back), or was it a blow to the back -- more of a bruise situation.  Glad for the 2 days off after tonight.

Offline CoachCowens

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 9
I hate when refs fall for a flop. Perk barely touched Bibby on that last foul they called and Bibby acted like he was hit by a car.

Offline Scott

• Jayson Tatum
Nice pass from Garnett to Rondo

Offline BASSTHUMPER

• Bailey Howell
rondo got hops

Offline Steve Weinman

• Author / Moderator
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 33
  • My alter ego
I missed the play the Pierce got hurt.  Can someone describe the injury?  Did he twist awkwardly (which I assume because of the report of strained back), or was it a blow to the back -- more of a bruise situation.  Glad for the 2 days off after tonight.

Hey NG,

He got hit twice on a take to the rim...the first by Horford was the foul that started to bring him down, and then Josh Smith collided him in an attempt to block the shot...Pierce simply seemed to hit the ground hard on his back -- the really fortunate part was that it seems he didn't incur anything major upstairs when his head snapped back quickly and hit the floor as he landed.  Hope that helps articulate what happened.
-sw

Reggies Ghost: Where artistic genius happens.  Thank you, sir.

Offline BASSTHUMPER

• Bailey Howell
I missed the play the Pierce got hurt.  Can someone describe the injury?  Did he twist awkwardly (which I assume because of the report of strained back), or was it a blow to the back -- more of a bruise situation.  Glad for the 2 days off after tonight.

Hey NG,

He got hit twice on a take to the rim...the first by Horford was the foul that started to bring him down, and then Josh Smith collided him in an attempt to block the shot...Pierce simply seemed to hit the ground hard on his back -- the really fortunate part was that it seems he didn't incur anything major upstairs when his head snapped back quickly and hit the floor as he landed.  Hope that helps articulate what happened.
-sw

im not sure which player it was be he didnt have to roll over pauls head...was not kool...

Offline Scott

• Jayson Tatum
Rondo is the man.  He is doing a bit of everything tonight.   He already has 5 assists.

Offline BASSTHUMPER

• Bailey Howell
doc is doin a good job....mixin up...
pj needs to get more bounce in his step