Author Topic: Jrue's Injury  (Read 16086 times)

Re: Jrue's Injury
« Reply #30 on: March 28, 2024, 05:13:25 AM »

Offline ozgod

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 1372
According to Jrue, it's not a "dead arm" in the traditional sense of the word, the way it is typically used to describe pitching injuries in baseball. He said the arm felt dead, but that it's not a nerve issue, it's to do with his AC joint.

Holiday missed his fifth consecutive game when the Celtics lost to the Hawks, 120-118, Monday night with what he told the Globe’s Adam Himmelsbach was a “dead arm” after a collision with Washington’s Richaun Holmes during the Celtics’ March 17 win. His right shoulder bore the brunt of a hard screen, Holiday said, causing discomfort.

He took a step toward returning with the morning workout but is uncertain of his return.

“I feel pretty good, it feels better, still bugs me a little bit but I’m sure that’s going to happen,” Holiday said. “It’s not a dead arm, I hit my shoulder and it felt like my arm went dead. It’s not a nerve thing, just a part of the shoulder that I got hit on. But my shoulder’s fine. I can move and do everything.”

Holiday explained that the AC joint has been causing the discomfort and the pain could linger despite the improvement. He shot baskets and made some basketball moves with the Celtics support staff. The Celtics have been cautious with injuries over the past several weeks.

https://www.bostonglobe.com/2024/03/25/sports/celtics-holiday-shoulder/

Better news? AC joint doesn't sound great, but sounds better than a nerve problem at least.
Any odd typos are because I suck at typing on an iPhone :D

« Reply #31 on: March 28, 2024, 05:42:32 AM »

Online Neurotic Guy

• Dave Cowens
  • Tommy Points: 2526
Sounds like he’ll be ok to play at some point soon. But to what extent does this impact the three which he’s been shooting exceptionally well?

« Reply #32 on: March 28, 2024, 06:41:44 AM »

Offline Vermont Green

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 870
I am not sure you can draw any conclusions for that. It isn’t too bad, could be close.  Or it is still lingering and not really sure when he will be pain free.

« Reply #33 on: March 28, 2024, 08:01:08 AM »

Online Birdman

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 414
Sounds like he have to play thru it during playoffs
C/PF-Horford, Baynes, Noel, Theis, Morris,
SF/SG- Tatum, Brown, Hayward, Smart, Semi, Clark
PG- Irving, Rozier, Larkin

« Reply #34 on: March 28, 2024, 08:17:35 AM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25627
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
Sounds like he have to play thru it during playoffs

It's hard to say; he still has like three weeks to heal.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #35 on: March 28, 2024, 10:11:12 AM »

Online Phantom255x

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 2954
  • On To Banner 18!
A funeral will be held for Jrue's arm at some point soon. Stay tuned for updates
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

« Reply #36 on: March 28, 2024, 11:51:26 AM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25627
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
Bobby Manning @RealBobManning
about 49 minutes ago
Jrue Holiday and Xavier Tillman both participated in shootaround this morning. They’re questionable tonight alongside Horford, Springer.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes