Author Topic: The Mandalorian  (Read 4855 times)

The Mandalorian
« on: November 12, 2019, 03:05:36 PM »

Offline Donoghus

• Global Moderator
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 1619
  • What a Pub Should Be
Anybody started watching this? Thoughts?

I liked it.  Special effects seem really good for a tv show.   I liked the grittiness & feel of it.  Definitely much more "Rogue One" ish than anything Skywalker Saga related.   Nice little ending "surprise" to the pilot episode too.

2010 CB Historical Draft - Best Overall Team

Re: The Mandalorian
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2019, 04:43:35 PM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 10047
I forgot this was starting up.  did you have to subscribe to a service and if so, which one?  wondering if it can be viewed on a fire stick that has 'special' access

« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2019, 04:50:58 PM »

Offline Donoghus

• Global Moderator
  • Red Auerbach
  • What a Pub Should Be
I forgot this was starting up.  did you have to subscribe to a service and if so, which one?  wondering if it can be viewed on a fire stick that has 'special' access

It's on "Disney +" which just rolled out today.  I watched it this morning before work.  The episode was just over half hour long. The service was glitchy as heck this morning.  Not sure if it's improved as the day has progressed.  I have Fire TV and downloaded the app both to my Fire TV and my iPhone.

« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2020, 11:29:32 AM »

Offline KGs Knee

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 1544
The first 8 episodes were really good, I thought.  I'm wondering where the series goes from here, specifically how much longer will baby Yoda be the continued focus of the show?  I think that story line will get a bit played out after a while.  I'm excited for the next season, though.

On another note, Disney just released season 7 of the rebooted Clone Wars series yesterday.  It was okay, but didn't really feel like the same show.  It's been a number of years since this series last aired, and the final season was more of a collection of episodes than a specific story line.  Seeing where they go with the series will be interesting.

It also appears Disney is going to release episodes of The Clone Wars on a weekly Friday basis, as they did with The Madalorian.  I'm curious to know what others think of this release schedule.  It's a bit of a departure for streaming platforms to start following traditional tv release schedules instead of the typical 'all at once ' model streaming service normally use.

Please leave any spoilers about the newest movie at the door...I'm waiting for that to be released for rent on Amazon...thank you kindly

« Reply #4 on: February 22, 2020, 12:05:38 PM »

Offline Donoghus

• Global Moderator
  • Red Auerbach
  • What a Pub Should Be
The first 8 episodes were really good, I thought.  I'm wondering where the series goes from here, specifically how much longer will baby Yoda be the continued focus of the show?  I think that story line will get a bit played out after a while.  I'm excited for the next season, though.

On another note, Disney just released season 7 of the rebooted Clone Wars series yesterday.  It was okay, but didn't really feel like the same show.  It's been a number of years since this series last aired, and the final season was more of a collection of episodes than a specific story line.  Seeing where they go with the series will be interesting.

It also appears Disney is going to release episodes of The Clone Wars on a weekly Friday basis, as they did with The Madalorian.  I'm curious to know what others think of this release schedule.  It's a bit of a departure for streaming platforms to start following traditional tv release schedules instead of the typical 'all at once ' model streaming service normally use.

Please leave any spoilers about the newest movie at the door...I'm waiting for that to be released for rent on Amazon...thank you kindly

I binged the "20 Essential Episodes" of The Clone Wars and now going thru Season 6 in its entirety before jumping into the new season.  I'm enjoying the show alot.

I actually don't mind the traditional release that Disney+ has been doing.   Kinda nice to go back to the old ways and having to wait a week. 

« Reply #5 on: February 22, 2020, 12:15:28 PM »

Offline KGs Knee

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 1544

I binged the "20 Essential Episodes" of The Clone Wars and now going thru Season 6 in its entirety before jumping into the new season.  I'm enjoying the show alot.

I actually don't mind the traditional release that Disney+ has been doing.   Kinda nice to go back to the old ways and having to wait a week. 

I loved The Clone Wars series and was happy they brought it back, since I didn't love the way it was ended originally.  And I definitely don't mind the weekly releases.  I do suspect Disney is doing it more to keep viewers coming back, as they don't have a whole lot of 'new' content right now for their platform.  But Verizon gave me a year for free so I'm trying it out.

« Reply #6 on: February 22, 2020, 02:49:22 PM »

Offline rocknrollforyoursoul

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 325
I quite enjoyed The Mandalorian. The first episode or two was a bit slow for me, but I think that's necessary in order to set up all the main elements of the story—after that, it really takes off. Big-budget-movie production quality, good acting, and an intriguing ending. I'm looking forward to season two.
"There are two kinds of people: those who say to God, 'Thy will be done,' and those to whom God says, 'All right, then, have it your way.'"

"You don't have a soul. You are a Soul. You have a body."

— C.S. Lewis

« Reply #7 on: December 18, 2020, 02:54:08 PM »

Offline Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25628
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
So...thoughts on that finale?  I wasn’t expecting that.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #8 on: December 18, 2020, 03:06:21 PM »

Offline Darth_Yoda

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 52
Have not watched the finale yet, but I am going to assume that a Jedi is going to show up to help Mando.

So far we have seen the return of Boba, the appearance of a favorite of mine, Ahsoka.

All I need to nerd out on for a while is either Luke or Mace showing up.
#Maceisstillalive
'21 Historical Draft
PG: Kyle Lowry / Mookie Blaylock / Mark Jackson
SG: Reggie Miller / Jeff Hornacek / Nick Anderson
SF: George Gervin / George McGinnis / Kyle Korver
PF: Connie Hawkins / Serge Ibaka / Josh Smith
C: Clint Capela / Bill Laimbeer / Jusuf Nurkic

« Reply #9 on: December 18, 2020, 03:20:01 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
I got a little misty eyed at the end. Really enjoyed the ending and like where it will be going with Mando, Bo-Katan and the Darksaber.

Oh, there is a post credits clip, so watch the whole thing through!!

« Reply #10 on: December 18, 2020, 04:50:52 PM »

Offline rocknrollforyoursoul

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 325
Oh, SNAP! That was AWESOME!!

And a very intriguing postcredits scene.

But I've got questions! Can I ask them here, or would that be inappropriate? I don't want to spoil anything for anyone.
"There are two kinds of people: those who say to God, 'Thy will be done,' and those to whom God says, 'All right, then, have it your way.'"

"You don't have a soul. You are a Soul. You have a body."

— C.S. Lewis

« Reply #11 on: December 18, 2020, 06:02:22 PM »

Offline Darth_Yoda

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 52
incredible!!!!
'21 Historical Draft
PG: Kyle Lowry / Mookie Blaylock / Mark Jackson
SG: Reggie Miller / Jeff Hornacek / Nick Anderson
SF: George Gervin / George McGinnis / Kyle Korver