Celtics Basketball > Celtics Media and Video

League Pass Problems - Anyone else?

(1/2) > >>

FatKidsDad:
I use League Pass on Roku to watch the games. Lately, the performance has been so poor as to be almost unwatchable.

I get frequent streaming stops with a "Loading" screen. Also it occasionally just kicks out to the home screen.

I've tried different routers and deleting and re-installing the app. No improvement.

FWIW, all my other streaming services on Roku run fine.

Thoughts, anyone?

Donoghus:
Not on Roku but I have League Pass thru Amazon Fire TV and ran into an issue a couple of weeks ago where none of the games had sound.  I even double checked to make sure I hadn't muted anything by accident. 

Been having an on again, off again issue sometimes with getting booted out of the telecast & it puts me back on the screen with the "choose your broadcast team".

Chief:
I hate that the fire tv/stick wont let you ff during playback.

Last year, you could start a game a few minutes late, rewind to the beginning,  and then catch backup.  That doesn't seem to be an option on any of the platforms I've tried this year.

bdm860:

--- Quote from: FatKidsDad on November 27, 2018, 04:13:23 PM ---I use League Pass on Roku to watch the games. Lately, the performance has been so poor as to be almost unwatchable.

I get frequent streaming stops with a "Loading" screen. Also it occasionally just kicks out to the home screen.

I've tried different routers and deleting and re-installing the app. No improvement.

Thoughts, anyone?

--- End quote ---

I had the exact same problem last year, except I was streaming through my PS3.  League Pass was unwatchable with constant buffering, freezing, etc.  The thing is everything else I streamed on my PS3 worked fine: Netflix, Prime, etc.   I tried switching from wifi to wired, re-installed the app, nothing helped.  It was a miserable experience.

Then I noticed League Pass worked fine everywhere else but my PS3.  If I streamed on my computer or phone it was fine. 

The only solution I have is to try streaming on a computer, and if that works connect your PC to the TV (if you can).  Personally, I use a steam link to do this, but a laptop with an HDMI output is a simple, easy set up too.

Unfortunately only solution I have.  The NBA is really shooting themselves in the foot here, just a terrible product/service driving a lot of their customers to pirated streams.

FatKidsDad:

--- Quote from: bdm860 on November 27, 2018, 04:34:44 PM ---
--- Quote from: FatKidsDad on November 27, 2018, 04:13:23 PM ---I use League Pass on Roku to watch the games. Lately, the performance has been so poor as to be almost unwatchable.

Thoughts, anyone?

--- End quote ---

I had the exact same problem last year, except I was streaming through my PS3.  League Pass was unwatchable with constant buffering, freezing, etc.  The thing is everything else I streamed on my PS3 worked fine: Netflix, Prime, etc.   I tried switching from wifi to wired, re-installed the app, nothing helped.  It was a miserable experience.

Then I noticed League Pass worked fine everywhere else but my PS3.  If I streamed on my computer or phone it was fine. 

The only solution I have is to try streaming on a computer, and if that works connect your PC to the TV (if you can).  Personally, I use a steam link to do this, but a laptop with an HDMI output is a simple, easy set up too.

Unfortunately only solution I have.  The NBA is really shooting themselves in the foot here, just a terrible product/service driving a lot of their customers to pirated streams.

--- End quote ---

That's worth a try.

TP

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version