Poll

In your opinion, which players need to go (trade, waivers, etc.)? (pick up to 15)

Hayward
7 (7.6%)
Horford
2 (2.2%)
Irving
5 (5.4%)
Smart
2 (2.2%)
Tatum
2 (2.2%)
Morris
2 (2.2%)
Baynes
1 (1.1%)
Brown
10 (10.9%)
Rozier
16 (17.4%)
Yabusele
12 (13%)
RW3
1 (1.1%)
Ojeleye
2 (2.2%)
Theis
2 (2.2%)
Wanamaker
3 (3.3%)
Other: coaches, two-way, inactive - away from team, etc.
3 (3.3%)
keep everyone
22 (23.9%)

Total Members Voted: 52

Author Topic: Poll: Which Celtics players need to go?  (Read 3129 times)

Poll: Which Celtics players need to go?
« on: November 20, 2018, 03:26:50 PM »

Online rondofan1255

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 527
 :D

Re: Poll: Which Celtics players need to go?
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2018, 03:44:07 PM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2182
Premature
You’ll have to excuse my lengthiness—the reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain

« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2018, 03:26:48 AM »

Offline ozgod

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 1361
This poll will show how many of us here are short term focused  ;D
Any odd typos are because I suck at typing on an iPhone :D

« Reply #3 on: November 21, 2018, 04:10:27 AM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion
The only guy I want gone is Rozier. Think we have the first rounders to replace his very little current production, and I can see him leaving for money.

Only other one is Bird, but that’s a separate issue entirely.
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)

« Reply #4 on: November 21, 2018, 07:48:08 AM »

Offline Androslav

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 528
Noone needs to go.
Some can go if an opportunity presents itself.
"The joy of the balling under the rims."

« Reply #5 on: November 21, 2018, 10:22:38 AM »

Offline Big333223

• NCE
  • Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 741
Noone needs to go.
Some can go if an opportunity presents itself.

Yeah. This team has plenty of talent and I think a shifting of roles can put them on track to be a juggernaut. But they have to figure this thing out.
1957, 1959, 1960, 1961, 1962, 1963, 1964, 1965, 1966, 1968, 1969, 1974, 1976, 1981, 1984, 1986, 2008

« Reply #6 on: November 21, 2018, 10:33:25 AM »

Offline hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 2700
whoever chose Kyrie doesn't know much about basketball or is blinded by personal bias

« Reply #7 on: November 21, 2018, 10:41:56 AM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 10047
Jabari Bird but other than that, everyone else should be kept through the season to see if they can pull it together for the playoffs (which I anticipate they will)

« Reply #8 on: November 21, 2018, 11:00:41 AM »

Online hwangjini_1

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 2661
  • bammokja
go? go where? go home for the holiday? well, if that is the case, they should ALL go home and see their families and overeat. sure, maybe their families have some problems and are not fully functional, but it is a family holiday, right?

sure, maybe their dad gets drunk at thanksgiving and then starts talking about how ****ty his family has turned out.

and maybe their mom breaks down into tears since her sister isn't coming because the two of them haven't spoken in 12 years because the sister "stole" her jewelry, even though the sister swears it was hers and that is the way their mother wanted it to be, so your mother should just shut up!

or maybe their brother-in-law will, as he always does, show up late and stoned and proceed to drink himself stupid while spilling his food and being obnoxious....as usual.

or maybe their wife can't stand his family and they each will snipe back and forth at one another, and the wife will **** at him during the trip home about how much HIS family disrespects her and she is doing him a favor to come all and listen to his loser relatives...again.

or maybe their parents don't subscribe to cable since there are so many dirty movies out there plus hackers who might steal all their money, so there will GUARANTEED be no TV to watch and everyone there will be sure to bring this up ... out of the hearing of the parents...except the stoned brother-in-law who will make a scene about it all...once more.

or maybe they will AGAIN be faced with the brother's girlfriend/drama queen who will bring along vegan crap along with lumpy mashed potatoes (what is with her that she can't learn to take out the lumps??!) and they will all have to sit through lectures on the evils of eating turkey and how from the turkey perspective this is not a day for giving thanks but REALLY nothing more than a TURKEY HOLOCAUST and they should reflect on this more carefully.

yep, they should all go home and enjoy a wonderful, traditional thanksgiving like the rest of us.

;D

I believe Gandhi is the only person who knew about real democracy — not democracy as the right to go and buy what you want, but democracy as the responsibility to be accountable to everyone around you. Democracy begins with freedom from hunger, freedom from unemployment, freedom from fear, and freedom from hatred.
- Vandana Shiva

« Reply #9 on: November 21, 2018, 11:12:20 AM »

Online rondofan1255

• Antoine Walker
go? go where? go home for the holiday?

it is expressed clearly in the poll question: In your opinion, which players need to go (trade, waivers, etc.)? (pick up to 15)

This was a somewhat tongue in cheek confidence meter type poll aka what players are you most frustrated with. It's peak negativity on CB atm until the next winning streak. So far ~50% think everyone should stay.  ;)

I picked Morris and Rozier because I doubt they'll be staying beyond this year. Might as well try to acquire someone useful with an additional year or two of team control. Then, I picked Wanamaker and Yabusele because not a believer. Lastly, I picked Other because the Bird situation is like a dark cloud that lingers above.

I actually think the team will make the NBA finals.

« Reply #10 on: November 21, 2018, 12:01:29 PM »

Online hwangjini_1

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 2661
  • bammokja

it is expressed clearly in the poll question: In your opinion, which players need to go (trade, waivers, etc.)? (pick up to 15)

This was a somewhat tongue in cheek confidence meter type poll aka what players are you most frustrated with. It's peak negativity on CB atm until the next winning streak. So far ~50% think everyone should stay.  ;)

I picked Morris and Rozier because I doubt they'll be staying beyond this year. Might as well try to acquire someone useful with an additional year or two of team control. Then, I picked Wanamaker and Yabusele because not a believer. Lastly, I picked Other because the Bird situation is like a dark cloud that lingers above.

"it was clearly expressed" in my reply that i was being humorous.  ;)
I believe Gandhi is the only person who knew about real democracy — not democracy as the right to go and buy what you want, but democracy as the responsibility to be accountable to everyone around you. Democracy begins with freedom from hunger, freedom from unemployment, freedom from fear, and freedom from hatred.
- Vandana Shiva

« Reply #11 on: November 21, 2018, 12:13:32 PM »

Online rondofan1255

• Antoine Walker

"it was clearly expressed" in my reply that i was being humorous.  ;)

Never crossed my mind lol

« Reply #12 on: November 21, 2018, 12:23:56 PM »

Offline Vermont Green

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 860
This seems like a silly way to pose the question.  The bottom line is what do we need to add, not what do we need to subtract.  In order to add, we will likely need to subtract but you don't approach it by thinking about the subtract first. 

« Reply #13 on: November 21, 2018, 12:49:15 PM »

Online rondofan1255

• Antoine Walker
This seems like a silly way to pose the question.  The bottom line is what do we need to add, not what do we need to subtract.  In order to add, we will likely need to subtract but you don't approach it by thinking about the subtract first.

Fair enough.

« Reply #14 on: November 21, 2018, 01:06:13 PM »

Offline mef730

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 907
go? go where? go home for the holiday? well, if that is the case, they should ALL go home and see their families and overeat. sure, maybe their families have some problems and are not fully functional, but it is a family holiday, right?...

And, the grand prize winner in the "he's got issues that can't be solved on the internet" contest is...

;D

Mike