Author Topic: This team has no pride......  (Read 1829 times)

Re: This team has no pride......
« Reply #15 on: May 20, 2017, 01:01:00 PM »

Offline spikelovetheCelts

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 113
  • Peace it's a board. We all will never agree.
If you think because a team gets blown out that they must have know pride, then the 1984 NBA champion Celtics must have had no pride. They lost to the Lakers in game 3 by 33 points in a game that wasn't that close. Obviously no pride in that team ::)

You don't judge a teams pride by the way they get knocked down. You judge it by the way they get back up. This team got behind by 2 to Chicago and got back up with 4 straight. They got behind by 20 or so in consecutive games to the Wizards and got back up to win those games in comeback fashion and went on to win the series. Thats all pride.

Lets see how they get back up again.
It will be interesting to see how they play in game 3.It hurt to watch game 2 but I think our team will give all they have on Sunday night. Without IT it will be hard to get the win but I am hopeful for 3 and 1/2 quarters. This pain will serve the players who are left when we play Cleveland in the coming years and I am hopeful to see Lebron walk out of he Garden like he did in 2010.
"People look at players, watch them dribble between their legs and they say, 'There's a superstar.'  Well John Havlicek is a superstar, and most of the others are figments of writers' imagination."
--Jerry West, on John Havlicek