Author Topic: Robert Williams (Merged Threads)  (Read 238724 times)

Re: More Robert Williams please....
« Reply #1305 on: October 30, 2018, 08:43:35 AM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion
Mickey seemingly had the physical tools, just nothing else apparently.

Mickey had to gather himself to jump.   Williams is a human pogo stick and get up there without gathering himself by bending his knees.   This will make a guy quicker off his feet.

Agree. Also I think Williams is stronger through his core and upper body. Mickey always looked a little gangly out there to me.
Yeah, Williams looks strong, and has some crazy athleticism. That alley-oop against Detroit was awesome
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)

« Reply #1306 on: October 30, 2018, 09:23:56 AM »

Offline playdream

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 88

Mickey had to gather himself to jump.   Williams is a human pogo stick and get up there without gathering himself by bending his knees.   This will make a guy quicker off his feet.

Agree. Also I think Williams is stronger through his core and upper body. Mickey always looked a little gangly out there to me.
Yeah, Williams looks strong, and has some crazy athleticism. That alley-oop against Detroit was awesome
Don't know about the strong part, stronger than Mickey yes but he is lacking strength even in college

« Reply #1307 on: October 30, 2018, 02:17:29 PM »

Offline Chris22

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 460
The play that impressed me the most was in preseason. Williams got beaten off the dribble by a guard, recovered, caught up with the guy, and blocked his shot from behind.

I thought, "Hello!"

« Reply #1308 on: October 30, 2018, 02:41:22 PM »

Offline mef730

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 907
The annual "I want the rookie to play more even though we have no idea if he's any good" thread.

#FreeMickey

Mike

No comparison. Mikey was much smaller and less athletic.

Williams is long and quick and a good passer.

I don't think he was comparing the players, I think he was comparing the mentality that some fans have that the players we haven't seen yet must be better than the ones we have seen for no reason. Mickey is a good example of someone that some posters cried about not getting enough minutes right up until he was completely out of the league.

Ding ding ding. But it was good to have a Jordan Mickey conversation again. Tomorrow, I'm going to try to get people talking about James Young.

Mike

« Reply #1309 on: October 30, 2018, 03:10:52 PM »

Offline Chris22

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 460
The annual "I want the rookie to play more even though we have no idea if he's any good" thread.

#FreeMickey

Mike

I don't think he was comparing the players, I think he was comparing the mentality that some fans have that the players we haven't seen yet must be better than the ones we have seen for no reason. Mickey is a good example of someone that some posters cried about not getting enough minutes right up until he was completely out of the league.

Ding ding ding. But it was good to have a Jordan Mickey conversation again. Tomorrow, I'm going to try to get people talking about James Young.

Mike

You do that. I will continue to talk about Williams.

« Reply #1310 on: October 30, 2018, 03:11:02 PM »

Offline liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 3150

#FreeMickey

Mike

Mike

Don't forget about Jérôme Moïso!

Robert Williams has already shown more in a tiny amount of minutes than all of these forgotten dudes combined.
« Last Edit: October 30, 2018, 03:17:27 PM by liam »

« Reply #1311 on: October 30, 2018, 03:23:44 PM »

Offline LatterDayCelticsfan

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 171
  • Community Text

#FreeMickey

Mike

Mike

Robert Williams has already shown more in a tiny amount of minutes than all of these forgotten dudes combined.

We'll stop pining for Greg Stiemsma then 🤣
Banner 18 please 😍

« Reply #1312 on: October 30, 2018, 03:30:46 PM »

Offline liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith

#FreeMickey

Mike

Mike

He's only 33.  ;D

« Reply #1313 on: October 30, 2018, 04:26:58 PM »

Offline GreenShooter

• NCE
  • Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 87

I had the same gift so I know what a HUGE advantage it was for me from rebounding, to put backs to challenging shots. It's a gift and not something one can develop.

« Reply #1314 on: October 30, 2018, 05:21:20 PM »

Offline hwangjini_1

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 2661
  • bammokja

#FreeMickey

Mike

Mike

He's only 33.  ;D
and i met him about 3 years ago in a hotel lobby when his team was staying there. a nice guy.  ;D
I believe Gandhi is the only person who knew about real democracy — not democracy as the right to go and buy what you want, but democracy as the responsibility to be accountable to everyone around you. Democracy begins with freedom from hunger, freedom from unemployment, freedom from fear, and freedom from hatred.
- Vandana Shiva

« Reply #1315 on: October 30, 2018, 05:39:10 PM »

Offline moiso

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 441

#FreeMickey

Mike

Mike

I could never forget about Jerome Moiso.  I was more excited about him at the time than I am now about Williams.   I always used to fall for those guys with great tools.  Obviously that sounds stupid to say now.  Hopefully Williams becomes the player that Moiso never became :D

« Reply #1316 on: October 31, 2018, 12:02:54 AM »

Offline willyd24

• Payton Pritchard
  • Tommy Points: 8
Anyone else a little upset that Robert didn’t see more action last night? When Horford and Baynes each had 4 fouls with 4 or 3 minutes left in the 3rd Quarter I thought for sure we’d see Robert in the game. Instead he sends in Yabusele for the end of the 3rd and the beginning of the 4th. Nothing against Yabusele, he’s fine, it’s just that I’ve seen enough of him over the years and have kind of given up on him. I’d rather give those minutes to a promising rookie who could use some experience in games where it’s not garbage time. Again, not a huge deal just wish the minutes were going to Robert so he can develop instead of a 22-year old who hasn’t cracked the rotation in 3 years.

« Reply #1317 on: October 31, 2018, 12:24:07 AM »

Offline liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith

#FreeMickey

Mike

Mike

I could never forget about Jerome Moiso.  I was more excited about him at the time than I am now about Williams.   I always used to fall for those guys with great tools.  Obviously that sounds stupid to say now.  Hopefully Williams becomes the player that Moiso never became :D

I am always way too excited about every Celtics draft pick. I think the only one I wasn't excited about was Joe Forte.

« Reply #1318 on: October 31, 2018, 12:28:08 AM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
Anyone else a little upset that Robert didn’t see more action last night? When Horford and Baynes each had 4 fouls with 4 or 3 minutes left in the 3rd Quarter I thought for sure we’d see Robert in the game. Instead he sends in Yabusele for the end of the 3rd and the beginning of the 4th. Nothing against Yabusele, he’s fine, it’s just that I’ve seen enough of him over the years and have kind of given up on him. I’d rather give those minutes to a promising rookie who could use some experience in games where it’s not garbage time. Again, not a huge deal just wish the minutes were going to Robert so he can develop instead of a 22-year old who hasn’t cracked the rotation in 3 years.
And yet last year a bunch of people on this site were clamoring for Yabu to get minutes before Ojeleye and Theis.

You just have " I-have-barely-seen-this-new-rookie-so-we-obviously-need-to-play-him-because-he-is-definitely-better-than-the-players-playing-in-front-of-him-because-Yea- rookies! syndrome.

Don't worry. You will be over it sometime during the 2019-20 season when you will be demanding one of the two possible Celtic high draft picks to be playing.

« Reply #1319 on: October 31, 2018, 01:05:50 AM »

Offline CelticsElite

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 789
Robert wliams is getting The rookie treatment . Its like that in sports. Doc rivers did it a lot