Author Topic: How Kyrie Helped Danny and The Celtics  (Read 5232 times)

Re: How Kyrie Helped Danny and The Celtics
« Reply #15 on: June 24, 2019, 06:46:10 PM »

Offline KG Living Legend

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1136

To get back on track here.

That dude KI, reminded Danny and Brad that it's better to lose with dignity than win without integrity.

« Reply #16 on: June 24, 2019, 07:37:46 PM »

Offline mr. dee

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 597
I wonder who will Celtics fans hate more

Kyrie Irving or Ray Allen.

I never understood the hate for Ray, honestly. He was a great Celtic in my book.

The thing is he joined the team that beat them. If he joined other contending teams like the Spurs or the Mavs, he wouldn't get much heat.

« Reply #17 on: June 24, 2019, 08:12:59 PM »

Offline Boston Garden Leprechaun

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1550
YES! YES! LETS GO 0-82 WHO CARES?? WE WILL HAVE FUN AGAIN!   ::) ::) ::) ::) ::)
LET'S GO CELTICS!

« Reply #18 on: June 24, 2019, 09:45:07 PM »

Offline Banner18now!

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 81

I’m still p---ed Ray bolted for Miami. That said he is not even close to the gate I feel for Kyrie. He took a giant dump on this great organization. I never thought we would see someone with a bigger ego then Lebron but we saw it first hand in Kyrie. At least Lebron can backup his ego. Kyrie sounds like a complete Edited.  Profanity and masked profanity are against forum rules and may result in discipline. who thinks his game is better than it is.

« Reply #19 on: June 24, 2019, 10:12:14 PM »

Offline Bobshot

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 141

Easily Kyrie.  Ray won a title and gave it his all until through his very last game.  Can’t say the same for Kyrie.

(And to be clear, I’m still mad at Judas Shuttlesworth for going to the Heat.)

My understanding is Rivers told Allen he had been traded to Memphis. Then Memphis backed out of the deal, so Doc had to tell Allen no trade.  Allen then decided he wouldn't re-sign with the Celtics . 

« Reply #20 on: June 24, 2019, 10:33:54 PM »

Offline jambr380

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 1756
  • Everybody knows what's best for you

Easily Kyrie.  Ray won a title and gave it his all until through his very last game.  Can’t say the same for Kyrie.

(And to be clear, I’m still mad at Judas Shuttlesworth for going to the Heat.)

My understanding is Rivers told Allen he had been traded to Memphis. Then Memphis backed out of the deal, so Doc had to tell Allen no trade.  Allen then decided he wouldn't re-sign with the Celtics .

Still lame. The Cs offered twice as much money and a NTC. Rather than accept the 'apology', he took it out on his teammates and ditched them for Lebron and company. Business is one side of basketball, but coach and player relationships you would think might also be important. Ray Allen burned every bridge possible on his way out of Boston. And, even worse, he is directly responsible for Lebron winning a championship with a huge clutch 3.

Kyrie has always been a bit of a weirdo and I will certainly root against him when he leaves Boston, but it seems he is just too thin skinned to deal with the criticism in Boston, and felt the need to find a different situation of his choosing. I think it's a bummer that the media and fans weren't able to understand that Kyrie is more sensitive - maybe he would have felt more embraced and wanted to stay.

« Reply #21 on: June 24, 2019, 11:51:39 PM »

Offline mqtcelticsfan

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 236
Kyrie signed a contract to play basketball with the Cavs and then the Celtics by way of a trade. He honored that agreement, and is now going to sign a different deal. I have no reason to dislike Kyrie based on this.

You mean other than the fact that he was a p--- poor “leader” when here, played a major role in the poor chemistry and dysfunction of the team, and straight up quit on the team in the playoffs after putting up career-worst like numbers?

I saw a player who went out and pretty regularly played outstanding basketball. Kyrie owed Boston nothing more than that. Let someone else lead the team if he’s not a good leader.

« Reply #22 on: June 25, 2019, 12:31:44 AM »

Offline playdream

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 88
Danny almost souled his Soul this time. He sacrificed Character in the name of bring 18 to Boston.

It didn't work, and frankly I'm glad it didn't. This slap in the face with likely two stars leaving Boston has knocked Some sense back into Danny.

https://youtu.be/mvsexPtCC5k

Watch the press conference.

So to heck with Cry babies, people that don't want to listen to one of the smartest coaches in Basketball.
 Let's get as many Grant Williams as we can find. Romeo, Carsen Edwards and the LSU kid Danny speaks highly of as well.

If you watch the whole video they're is no question in my mind he's taking jabs at Irving.

Good job Danny. Let's have some fun and play Celtics basketball again with great kids. Resist the Dark side you must.
Let your hatred go

« Reply #23 on: June 25, 2019, 12:48:37 AM »

Offline RJ87

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1406
  • Let's Go Celtics!
Kyrie signed a contract to play basketball with the Cavs and then the Celtics by way of a trade. He honored that agreement, and is now going to sign a different deal. I have no reason to dislike Kyrie based on this.

You mean other than the fact that he was a p--- poor “leader” when here, played a major role in the poor chemistry and dysfunction of the team, and straight up quit on the team in the playoffs after putting up career-worst like numbers?

I saw a player who went out and pretty regularly played outstanding basketball. Kyrie owed Boston nothing more than that. Let someone else lead the team if he’s not a good leader.

People will pile Kyrie because it's easier than coming to terms with the shortcomings of this roster i.e. Gordon Hayward is a shell of his former self (and there are NO guarantees he ever recovers 100% no matter how much we lie to ourselves), the Jays are solid but aren't really superstar quality (if anything, Tatum leans more toward Carmelo than he does Pierce), Horford is a fine 3rd option on a contender but not a #2 guy, and AD wanted absolutely nothing to do with us.
2021 Houston Rockets
PG: Kyrie Irving/Patty Mills/Jalen Brunson
SG: OG Anunoby/Norman Powell/Matisse Thybulle
SF: Gordon Hayward/Demar Derozan
PF: Giannis Antetokounmpo/Robert Covington
C: Kristaps Porzingis/Bobby Portis/James Wiseman

« Reply #24 on: June 25, 2019, 01:26:13 AM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion

People will pile Kyrie because it's easier than coming to terms with the shortcomings of this roster i.e. Gordon Hayward is a shell of his former self (and there are NO guarantees he ever recovers 100% no matter how much we lie to ourselves), the Jays are solid but aren't really superstar quality (if anything, Tatum leans more toward Carmelo than he does Pierce), Horford is a fine 3rd option on a contender but not a #2 guy, and AD wanted absolutely nothing to do with us.
I feel like even that is generous. Melo had at least an 8 year period of being a walking bucket machine who sadly played for pretty weak teams. Would be lucky if Tatum reaches that level of unstoppable on offence (I hope I'm wrong)
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)

« Reply #25 on: June 25, 2019, 03:27:03 AM »

Offline tenn_smoothie

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 722
I will say right now - I believe with a much happier team pulling in the same direction and a move back to an offense that stresses player and ball movement, we will see a big rebound year for Jayson Tatum. I believe him to be most affected by the bad chemistry and the iso-ball offense we endured this season.

Also believe we will continue to see the recovery of Gordon Hayward. He will benefit greatly from more ball movement. He will be a consistent contributor this season, but will not return to Utah form until next year, 3 full seasons from the injury and just in time to help the Celts move back into title contention.

Everyone keeps saying Boston will take a step back next season - A step back to what ?? 40+ wins and 4th/5th seed in the East ?  So, in reality, not a step back at all, but with a younger team that plays together and will carefully look to add the pieces needed to win banners.
The Four Celtic Generals:
Russell - Cowens - Bird - Garnett

The Four Celtic Lieutenants:
Cousy - Havlicek - McHale - Pierce

« Reply #26 on: June 25, 2019, 03:52:34 AM »

Offline mr. dee

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 597

I feel like even that is generous. Melo had at least an 8 year period of being a walking bucket machine who sadly played for pretty weak teams. Would be lucky if Tatum reaches that level of unstoppable on offence (I hope I'm wrong)

That Denver team he played for was pretty solid. From DPOY Marcus Camby, Iverson, Chauncey Billups, Kenyon Martin, defensive stopper Ruben Patterson, JR Smith, Birdman and Nene. And the team didn't exactly lost much after he got shipped. Denver have never missed the playoffs at that timespan despite being in the competitive western conference.

« Reply #27 on: June 25, 2019, 04:47:16 AM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion

That Denver team he played for was pretty solid. From DPOY Marcus Camby, Iverson, Chauncey Billups, Kenyon Martin, defensive stopper Ruben Patterson, JR Smith, Birdman and Nene. And the team didn't exactly lost much after he got shipped. Denver have never missed the playoffs at that timespan despite being in the competitive western conference.
I feel like the individual players they had over the period were solid, but they were never able to assemble them at the right time. They only had one deep playoff run, and even in that year I think AI was shipped to Detroit. They also had guys like Anthony Carter who they relied upon in the regular season, only for them to show their age in the playoffs.

I probably exaggerated in saying that they were weak teams. It was more mismanaged I think
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)

« Reply #28 on: June 25, 2019, 07:03:18 AM »

Offline Surferdad

• Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 972
  • "He fiddles...and diddles..."
Danny almost souled his Soul this time. He sacrificed Character in the name of bring 18 to Boston.

It didn't work, and frankly I'm glad it didn't. This slap in the face with likely two stars leaving Boston has knocked Some sense back into Danny.

https://youtu.be/mvsexPtCC5k

Watch the press conference.

So to heck with Cry babies, people that don't want to listen to one of the smartest coaches in Basketball.
 Let's get as many Grant Williams as we can find. Romeo, Carsen Edwards and the LSU kid Danny speaks highly of as well.

If you watch the whole video they're is no question in my mind he's taking jabs at Irving.

Good job Danny. Let's have some fun and play Celtics basketball again with great kids. Resist the Dark side you must.
He will never admit it, but character was the MOST important factor in Danny's draft selections this year.  I am really fine with this.  All four rookies came off as high IQ and well-spoken (though Langford was rather quiet).

The Kyrie thing was driven by the opportunity to get a superstar, which doesn't happen very often.  It was worth it b/c he didn't give up a lot (IT, Crowder, etc) so KI walking is ok.

« Reply #29 on: June 25, 2019, 07:11:24 AM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25636
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
Kyrie has always been a bit of a weirdo and I will certainly root against him when he leaves Boston, but it seems he is just too thin skinned to deal with the criticism in Boston, and felt the need to find a different situation of his choosing. I think it's a bummer that the media and fans weren't able to understand that Kyrie is more sensitive - maybe he would have felt more embraced and wanted to stay.

Embraced like he was in Cleveland?

The Boston media barely touched Kyrie.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes