3 (2%)
MIL in 5
9 (6.1%)
MIL in 6
21 (14.2%)
MIL in 7
14 (9.5%)

Total Members Voted: 146

Author Topic: Poll: Celtics-Bucks Series Prediction  (Read 19574 times)

Re: Poll: Celtics-Bucks Series Prediction
« Reply #45 on: April 22, 2019, 12:45:40 AM »

Offline gpap

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 417
Bucks in 4.

I hope I am wrong.

Me too, lol.

« Reply #46 on: April 22, 2019, 07:50:51 AM »

Offline cman88

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 359
This will be tough, but I feel we matchup well with the bucks.

While giannis is probably the best player in the series arguably...the celtics have a bigger collection of talent.

Wonder if this will be similar to when we played the Cavs with lebron(prior to kyrie era). Stop everyone else and let giannis do his thing.

Also think Horford and baynes will have to be physical with him.

« Reply #47 on: April 22, 2019, 08:28:37 AM »

Offline jambr380

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 1756
  • Everybody knows what's best for you
I like how we are all worried because Brook Lopez and Mirotic somehow make the Bucks a much more formidable team than last season.

Imagine how Bucks fans must be feeling. We are adding Kyrie Irving and Gordon Hayward to a team that actually beat them! Let's call Brogdon and Smart a wash for now.

And I understand not being confident that the Cs will win, but isn't it much more fun to predict they will win than predict they will lose? If you predict the latter, you lose either way (either you were wrong or the Cs lose).

« Reply #48 on: April 22, 2019, 08:55:17 AM »

Offline GreenFaith1819

• NCE
  • Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 2785
Boston in 7.

And if we consistently build a wall (no not THAT kind of wall) and keep Greek Freak out of the paint that alone will prove troublesome for MIL..

A defensive wall of Baynes, Horford, and even some Semi Ojeleye and Theis will clog up the lanes enough to make this a VERY interesting series..

Semi defended GF decently in the past and can help in this series as well.

« Reply #49 on: April 22, 2019, 11:40:59 AM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2182
Bucks in 5.  Bucks hold serve in Games 1 & 2, Celts win the vital Game 3, but the Bucks take game 4, then seal the deal in Game 5.

The Pacers series was a lot shorter than I anticipated, but the games were about as close as I thought they'd be.  The Pacers had some bad luck and some unfortunate miscues, coupled with the Celts hitting some clutch shots.  A mix of having more shot-making talent and some good luck.

So I'm going to stick with my prediction of Bucks in 5.
You’ll have to excuse my lengthiness—the reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain

« Reply #50 on: April 22, 2019, 12:43:48 PM »

Offline Rosco917

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 559
Many things have to go right for the Celtics to move on.

We will miss Smart, his bulldog attitude is infectious. His ability to cover bigger players and get them involved with him personally is useful. 

Hayward has to be a factor when he's on the floor. Especially in that second unit. We need the Jazz version of Gordon Hayward.

Semi will see action, he needs to bother the Greek on the defensive end and use his bulk and fouls.

Brown and Tatum need to keep up the good work being secondary scorers beside Kyrie. It really opens up the floor for the entire offense. Brown has played wisely as a starter, it's nice to see.

Celtics in 6 as a radical Celtic fan.

If I had to bet my house on it...Bucks in 6, they didn't win 60 by accident.

« Reply #51 on: April 22, 2019, 12:45:19 PM »

Offline jambr380

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 1756
  • Everybody knows what's best for you
Bucks in 5.  Bucks hold serve in Games 1 & 2, Celts win the vital Game 3, but the Bucks take game 4, then seal the deal in Game 5.

The Pacers series was a lot shorter than I anticipated, but the games were about as close as I thought they'd be.  The Pacers had some bad luck and some unfortunate miscues, coupled with the Celts hitting some clutch shots.  A mix of having more shot-making talent and some good luck.

So I'm going to stick with my prediction of Bucks in 5.

You also had the Cs winning in 7 vs Indy...and that was after you had previously said that whoever gets HCA is going to win the series. I took this to mean that if Indy had secured HCA, you would have predicted them to win in 7 vs BOS.

We all get it - the Cs this year haven't exactly shown they are championship caliber and it's always better to be pleasantly surprised than disappointed, but it's okay to be a little hopeful. This team does actually have the firepower to get past the Bucks...but they have to play more focused than they did vs Indy.

« Reply #52 on: April 22, 2019, 12:54:51 PM »

Offline Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2401
Milwaukee are the 3rd best team in the East.

Celtics are #1.
Toronto are #2.

Milwaukee had a great regular season but they are not as good as Boston or Toronto. Celtics just have more sheer talent. Toronto have the better defensive versatility with players like Ibaka and Siakam next to Kawhi.

« Reply #53 on: April 22, 2019, 12:55:39 PM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25636
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
Celts in 5.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #54 on: April 22, 2019, 01:28:50 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
I take heart that on CelticsStrong the current numbers for winning the series is 68-28 Boston. My guess is if this poll was being taken February, the numbers wouldn't be 2:1 or greater for Boston winning.

Hopefully after Boston beats Milwaukee the numbers will be even better for the poll asking who will be going to the Finals.

« Reply #55 on: April 22, 2019, 01:33:48 PM »

Offline GreenEnvy

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 1031
I’m going Celtics in 6.

We force Giannis to work for everything and limit the impact of his supporting cast. Tire him out and turn him into a shooter. I expect to see Semi get some minutes defending him again.

I like pretty much every matchup besides Giannis.

I think we finally see what we are capable of. Celtics will be ready for this series.
CELTICS 2024

« Reply #56 on: April 22, 2019, 01:39:31 PM »

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1833
Celtics in 7.

« Reply #57 on: April 22, 2019, 01:56:46 PM »

Offline Big333223

• NCE
  • Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 741
Nothing has changed for me in the last month. I wouldn't be surprised to see Boston beat Milwaukee. They haven't seen Kyrie in the playoffs and have been lulled into confidence by a terrible Detroit team (the Pacers were at least a very good defense).

But, I have to go with what I've seen on the court and I still don't have reason to trust this Celtic team against a good opponent. Milwaukee in 6.
1957, 1959, 1960, 1961, 1962, 1963, 1964, 1965, 1966, 1968, 1969, 1974, 1976, 1981, 1984, 1986, 2008

« Reply #58 on: April 22, 2019, 02:04:42 PM »

Offline Spicoli

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 130
With a gun to my head i would have to pick Milwaukee in 7. I think coach Bud is a better coach than Stevens and it will show in this series. This is not a series that Stevens can get outcoached in if we have any shot of advancing. If he's smart he will bench Theis in favor of Williams in this series (our best rim protector by far) seeing as though Giannis will be attacking the paint relentlessly. Let's see if Stevens has the guts to make the right moves.

« Reply #59 on: April 22, 2019, 02:10:37 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
With a gun to my head i would have to pick Milwaukee in 7. I think coach Bud is a better coach than Stevens and it will show in this series. This is not a series that Stevens can get outcoached in if we have any shot of advancing. If he's smart he will bench Theis in favor of Williams in this series (our best rim protector by far) seeing as though Giannis will be attacking the paint relentlessly. Let's see if Stevens has the guts to make the right moves.
Stevens using Williams would absolutely prove he is being out coached by Budenholzer. Williams doesn't belong anywhere near quality minutes in these playoffs. He isn't ready for anything except some garbage minutes during a blowout.

That said, I am not a fan of giving Theis minutes and if Smart comes back 100% in these playoffs, which I don't have a lot of confidence he will, then play Smart and sit Rozier.

Gotta play basically your top 8 or 9 at most.