Author Topic: Warriors (11-3) vs Celtics (13-2) Game #16 11/16/17  (Read 75740 times)

Re: Warriors (11-3) vs Celtics (13-2) Game #16 11/16/17
« Reply #1185 on: November 17, 2017, 08:46:49 AM »

Offline Surferdad

• Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 972
  • "He fiddles...and diddles..."
After the game Steve was in disbelief - sort of

What a snapshot
He made a snarky comment about the Kyrie call, but then immediately apologized for it (because obviously he could be fined).  He knows one call is not the real difference in the game.  In fact, we blamed the outcome on the Warriors not getting to the line enough.

« Reply #1186 on: November 17, 2017, 08:55:45 AM »

Offline JohnBoy65

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 132
I didn't see any large number of calls going purely our way.  Per usual missed calls on both ends.  I liked that BOTH teams played great defense.  Not sure how a 7 game series (ahem) would come out but we match up very nicely with their team and yes it's without gordon

I think reasonable observers do not think that game was evenly refereed. The Cs were beneficiaries of many calls, especially with Kyrie during the end of the game. He played awfully and the refs bailed him out many times in the 4th quarter. If the refs had treated the Ws like that, we would have lost by 20.

Still, a win is a win.

I think the refs totally changed the way they called the game after Steph got 4 fouls. He fouled the heck out of Irving twice on the wing in the 4th, no call. The block was questionable, and I didn't think Tatum committed a charge, I thought the GS defender was still moving. The Warriors had all the chances in the world to win that game last night. As harlabob put it last night, the most analytical team in the NBA, and the best 3pt shooting team in the NBA took a long 2 quickly to try and win the game. I was baffled by that possession.

« Reply #1187 on: November 17, 2017, 08:56:16 AM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
Vs OKC and GSW so far has felt like

Taking a beating for the most part , but somehow squeeze through at the end

« Reply #1188 on: November 17, 2017, 09:01:40 AM »

Offline Boston Garden Leprechaun

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1551
The amount of deepthroating of the Warriors that was going on in this thread early in the game (and on the forum in general) made me stay away.

They are beatable. Celtics are going to be even better come playoff time. Houston is going to be also. Isaiah will make the Cavs a threat. Healthy Spurs will be a contender. And maybe OKC will get it together. Who knows what the TWolves will become.

The West won’t be a cakewalk like last year. Imagine going up against OKC in the first round, Spurs in semi’s, and Rockets in the conference finals. They aren’t fo-fo-foing that group.

Yeah, what's the point of rooting for your team if you don't give them a chance?

huh?? i'm sure people were just giving warriors respect. i expected us to lose yet i was here as always rooting hard with my die hard brethren.......if that kept somebody away it speaks volumes about possible fanhood or real interest? geez.  I will throw another shout out to the real die hards here who were here suffering with me years back. i wanna say it was 2014 and 2015. 

This place was a GHOST town. b ut we had shaq attack, chief, hwangii, bass thumper etc. and even myself. apologies to who i left out. we never gave up and it makes this quick rebuild all the more satisfying.

This board is the best board on this site. GAME THREAD BABY!
LET'S GO CELTICS!

« Reply #1189 on: November 17, 2017, 09:10:04 AM »

• Dennis Johnson

true. down 17 in both games. This one TWICE! and still won. This team has NO QUIT in them.
LET'S GO CELTICS!

« Reply #1190 on: November 17, 2017, 09:15:13 AM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867

true. down 17 in both games. This one TWICE! and still won. This team has NO QUIT in them.

Yes!

But this team needs to stop coming back from 17 giving me a heartattack

« Reply #1191 on: November 17, 2017, 09:43:31 AM »

• Dennis Johnson

Yes!

But this team needs to stop coming back from 17 giving me a heartattack

i agree
LET'S GO CELTICS!

« Reply #1192 on: November 17, 2017, 10:02:04 AM »

Offline Mike Pemulis

• Derrick White
  • Tommy Points: 38
The amount of deepthroating of the Warriors that was going on in this thread early in the game (and on the forum in general) made me stay away.

They are beatable. Celtics are going to be even better come playoff time. Houston is going to be also. Isaiah will make the Cavs a threat. Healthy Spurs will be a contender. And maybe OKC will get it together. Who knows what the TWolves will become.

The West won’t be a cakewalk like last year. Imagine going up against OKC in the first round, Spurs in semi’s, and Rockets in the conference finals. They aren’t fo-fo-foing that group.

Yeah, what's the point of rooting for your team if you don't give them a chance?

huh?? i'm sure people were just giving warriors respect. i expected us to lose yet i was here as always rooting hard with my die hard brethren.......if that kept somebody away it speaks volumes about possible fanhood or real interest? geez.  I will throw another shout out to the real die hards here who were here suffering with me years back. i wanna say it was 2014 and 2015. 

This place was a GHOST town. b ut we had shaq attack, chief, hwangii, bass thumper etc. and even myself. apologies to who i left out. we never gave up and it makes this quick rebuild all the more satisfying.

This board is the best board on this site. GAME THREAD BABY!

TP to the BGL.
Allston, MA --> Enfield Tennis Academy

« Reply #1193 on: November 18, 2017, 09:37:03 AM »

• Dennis Johnson
one of the youngest rosters in the league

a team built for the future

that is ready to win now

C us rise!!!!  8) 8)
LET'S GO CELTICS!