Author Topic: Core turnover needs to stop  (Read 842 times)

Core turnover needs to stop
« on: June 22, 2021, 06:46:18 PM »

Offline Ed Monix

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 213
  • Signature move: Punch to the jejunum
Looking back over the past decade, I'm almost embarrassed that a classy organisation such as the Boston Celtics have had so much bad blood and upheaval.

I understand that there has been mitigating circumstances but looking at the Spurs which I perceive as the modern equivalent of Red's Celtics, had Tim Duncan, Manu Ginobili and Tony Parker together for 16 years. Yes that is rare but just look at some of their key role players connection with the franchise like Bruce Brown who spent 8 years in San Antonio, Robert Horry with 5, Matt Bonner 11, Michael Finley 5, Danny Green 8, Thiago Splitter 5 and Patty Mills with 9.

I hope we can gain some stability over the next 10 years as I believe that it will help in getting free agents and winning our next championship.
5' 10" former point guard

Career highlight: 1973-74 championship, Boston Celtics

Career lowlight: traded for a washing machine

Re: Core turnover needs to stop
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2021, 06:57:22 PM »

Offline Ogaju

• Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1871
Yeah, because right now Boston just looks like Dodge.

« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2021, 07:04:08 PM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion
Can you point to any team in the league that hasn't undergone significant core turnover in the last 3 years? Here's a reminder of some guys and where they played 3 years ago.

Horford and Kyrie were both Celtics, alongside Rozier and Morris. Dirk Nowitzki, Tony Parker and Vince Carter were still in the NBA. DeAndre Jordan was a Dallas Maverick. Andre Drummond was still in Detroit alongside Blake Griffin. The Warriors had their big 4. Melo and Chris Paul were Houston Rockets.
I could go on and on really. The fact of the matter is that the modern NBA is very very fluid.

For example, Marcus Smart is I think 11th in the competition when it comes to longest tenure with one team, behind Haslem, Curry, Mills, Beal, Lillard, Lowry, Zeller, Giannis, Gobert and Embiid.
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)

« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2021, 07:04:57 PM »

Offline wiley

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 386
turnovers by core players also have to stop  ;D

« Reply #4 on: June 22, 2021, 07:09:37 PM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25636
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
Core:  Tatum, Brown

No turnover there so far.  They’re the only two guys that need to stay in place.  Smart has stuck around, but he shouldn’t get in the way of a good trade if it comes along.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes