Author Topic: Is Ricky Rubio gettable…  (Read 7783 times)

Re: Is Ricky Rubio gettable…
« Reply #60 on: July 13, 2021, 12:52:15 PM »

Offline KeepBigAl

• Joe Mazzulla
  • Tommy Points: 8
I'm done with terrible shooting percentage guards - esp if we are keeping Smart for his other skills.  I think we overlooked Kemba's career 42% in our giddiness to move on from Kyrie.

« Reply #61 on: July 13, 2021, 02:46:36 PM »

Offline michigan adam

• Brad Stevens
  • Tommy Points: 17
The problem with great shooters is they want the ball.  We have 2 of those already(3 if EF is back).  What we need is complementary players.  A pass first(and second) PG who can also play good/great D, and a big who can either dominate the paint, or better yet stretch the floor, play solid interior D, decent PnR D, and pass enough to keep the ball moving.  Basically let the high dollar high volume scorers...score, and fill in with cheaper and good all around glue guys.  Smart fits if he can pass about 2-3 assists more and eliminate those 2-3 horrible shot selection shots a game.  Hortford could be that guy if he hasn't lost a step too many and/or can't stay on the court.  TL is turning into a version of that if he can continue to improve and stay on the court.  Time will tell.  I think they need to add at least one of those guys(probably PG) if they can move TT and resign EF, or PG and PF if they can't.

« Reply #62 on: July 13, 2021, 03:08:30 PM »

Offline td450

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 254
Given his salary, I don't think Rubio is a good option, but unless his shooting is in permanent decline, he would be better than Smart. Not because he is more efficient, but because his playing style fits this team better.

It isn't about the numbers. Smart could be a good fit for the C's, even with his poor efficiency. His problem is that he doesn't adapt his game to fit the team. He doesn't give the team any push in transition, and that is the worst part of his passing game. He tends to pound the rock, and doesn't promote ball movement. He often has poor judgement, and refuses to defer at the end of games to Tatum and Brown.

Smart could push the ball more in transition. He could make decisions with the ball more quickly. He just doesn't.

The overall effect is that he slows the team down, when we have two of the best wings in transition in the league.

« Reply #63 on: July 13, 2021, 04:38:55 PM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
I think he would be a poor person to pick up.   He can't shoot, teams would just play zone on him and pack it in.