Author Topic: NBA Playoffs 2021  (Read 310637 times)

Re: NBA Playoffs 2021
« Reply #2595 on: June 21, 2021, 02:26:37 PM »

Online Celtics2021

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 979
Embiid basically nuked Simmons in his presser. You can pretty much guarantee changes are coming in Philly.

Would you mind sharing some details? I missed the presser.

Joel Embiid: "I'll be honest. I thought the turning point was when we — I don't know how to say it — is when we had an open shot and we made one free throw..."

https://twitter.com/rich_hofmann/status/1406817068813635586?s=21

After throwing Simmons under the bus Embiid posted a "Thank you/I love you Philly" message where he touted himself by saying "If there is one thing I've learned being here, it's the TOUGHNESS this city has and that's why I played with a torn meniscus". I really dislike Embiid.
Maybe you ought to read the whole Embiid quote that I already posted. 

I mean, I'll be honest. I thought the turning point was when we — I don't know how to say it — but I thought the turning point was just we had an open shot and we made one free throw and we missed the other and then they came down and scored..

"We didn't get a good possession on the other end and Trae came back and he made a 3 and then from there down four, it's on me. I turned the ball over and tried to make something happen from the perimeter. But I thought that was the turning point."

Notice how he took responsibility for his part in the loss.  The full quote doesn't read nearly so much as throwing Simmons under the bus.  Embiid has actually been quite encouraging to Simmons in the past on his 3pt shooting issues. 

The fact of the matter is that Embiid has been extremely loyal to the Sixers and Philly.  He's embraced Philly from the moment he was drafted.  Here's the actual full post that you selectively edited. 

PHILLY I LOVE YOU
Sorry to disappoint you again Just know that I gave everything I had knowing the circumstances. If there’s one thing I’ve learned being here, it’s the TOUGHNESS this city has and that’s why I played with a torn meniscus. THANK YOU FOR THE SUPPORT ALL YEAR LONG!!

Did Tatum or Brown post anything similar after the season ended or did they just get out of Dodge?  Has Tatum or Brown embraced Boston like Embiid has embraced Philly?

Those are good questions.

More like silly questions, Brown has considered himself part of Boston and was even named Boston sportsperson of the year I think and Tatum mentioned that he wants to recognized as part of the Celtics greats.

Seriously.

Jaylen Brown’s hometown listed on bios and trading cards is and always will be Marietta, Georgia. But entering his fifth season with the Celtics, the 24-year-old Brown feels at home here in Boston.

“I’ve been in Boston for five years and I’m a Bostonian now,” Brown, named one of the Boston Globe’s 2020 Bostonians of the Year, said Saturday.

« Reply #2596 on: June 21, 2021, 02:55:00 PM »

Offline tonydelk

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 467

Did Tatum or Brown post anything similar after the season ended or did they just get out of Dodge?  Has Tatum or Brown embraced Boston like Embiid has embraced Philly?
I try not to put too much into what the J's did or did not say after losing.  I did get a bit peeved that no one on the team said a peep about Kyrie stomping on the logo though.  That gives me the vibe they don't have a huge investment in being a Celtic.  Maybe that changes with Brad running the team instead of Danny.

This generation of kids don't care about this kind of stuff.  They are rightfully more concerned with social justice issues versus Kyrie taking out his frustrations by being booed all game, called names versus taking it as a personal slight towards them.  The days of TO getting tackled for disrespecting the Cowboys logo are gone.  We don't have players like KG in the league anymore.  This generation has a sense of entitlement and lack of accountability in regards to certain things.  We are more mad as fans then these players are when their team is slighted.  They are doing a job they love and view it as such.  And let's be honest.  If the team was deserving of such loyalty they'd probably have gotten it.  Players know it's a business and they are treated as employees.  If your job/boss doesn't have your back you don't have theirs.  It is what it is. 

« Reply #2597 on: June 21, 2021, 03:19:16 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
I am dang sure that at 56 years old, if you give me 73 free throws, I could knock down 25 or more.

That an NBA player can't is embarrassing. 

« Reply #2598 on: June 21, 2021, 03:35:33 PM »

Offline Ogaju

• Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1871
Embiid basically nuked Simmons in his presser. You can pretty much guarantee changes are coming in Philly.

Joel Embiid: "I'll be honest. I thought the turning point was when we — I don't know how to say it — is when we had an open shot and we made one free throw..."

After throwing Simmons under the bus Embiid posted a "Thank you/I love you Philly" message where he touted himself by saying "If there is one thing I've learned being here, it's the TOUGHNESS this city has and that's why I played with a torn meniscus". I really dislike Embiid.

I mean, I'll be honest. I thought the turning point was when we — I don't know how to say it — but I thought the turning point was just we had an open shot and we made one free throw and we missed the other and then they came down and scored..

"We didn't get a good possession on the other end and Trae came back and he made a 3 and then from there down four, it's on me. I turned the ball over and tried to make something happen from the perimeter. But I thought that was the turning point."

Notice how he took responsibility for his part in the loss.  The full quote doesn't read nearly so much as throwing Simmons under the bus.  Embiid has actually been quite encouraging to Simmons in the past on his 3pt shooting issues. 

The fact of the matter is that Embiid has been extremely loyal to the Sixers and Philly.  He's embraced Philly from the moment he was drafted.  Here's the actual full post that you selectively edited. 

PHILLY I LOVE YOU
Sorry to disappoint you again Just know that I gave everything I had knowing the circumstances. If there’s one thing I’ve learned being here, it’s the TOUGHNESS this city has and that’s why I played with a torn meniscus. THANK YOU FOR THE SUPPORT ALL YEAR LONG!!

More like silly questions, Brown has considered himself part of Boston and was even named Boston sportsperson of the year I think and Tatum mentioned that he wants to recognized as part of the Celtics greats.

You just responded to silly questions?

« Reply #2599 on: June 21, 2021, 05:51:32 PM »

Offline mr. dee

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 597
Giannis have the same issue. BUt unlike Giannis, Simmons doesn't have heart neither.

« Reply #2600 on: June 21, 2021, 06:51:25 PM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion

PHILLY I LOVE YOU

Seriously.

Jaylen Brown’s hometown listed on bios and trading cards is and always will be Marietta, Georgia. But entering his fifth season with the Celtics, the 24-year-old Brown feels at home here in Boston.

“I’ve been in Boston for five years and I’m a Bostonian now,” Brown, named one of the Boston Globe’s 2020 Bostonians of the Year, said Saturday.
No, you don't get it. Boston players are simply never good enough, no matter what they might actually do. Grass is always greener! /s
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)

« Reply #2601 on: June 21, 2021, 08:38:06 PM »

Offline staticcc

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 38
The Gobert blaming on TV, radio and podcasts is BS. You can’t blame him if Bogdanovic, Conley and Mitchell could not keep their matchups from driving EASILY to the basket. 🤷‍♂️
"The bigger the lie, the more they believe." - Bunk

« Reply #2602 on: June 21, 2021, 08:42:39 PM »

Offline Ogaju

• Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1871
Does Simmons shoot with his off hand?

« Reply #2603 on: June 21, 2021, 08:55:49 PM »

Offline clappy

• Jordan Walsh
  • Tommy Points: 4

Apparently he does not think so, but a lot of people who watch him shoot disagree. People like JJ Redick and Jalen Rose.

« Reply #2604 on: June 21, 2021, 09:43:40 PM »

Offline W8ting2McHale

• NCE
  • Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 89

Apparently he does not think so, but a lot of people who watch him shoot disagree. People like JJ Redick and Jalen Rose.

Markelle Fultz taught Ben everything he knows about shooting!

But seriously, who is the shooting coach for the ‘76ers?

I guess at this point Simmons is just a highly skilled Aaron Gordon or a 6’9” Rondo? (That can’t shoot free throws)

« Reply #2605 on: June 21, 2021, 10:08:06 PM »

Offline clappy

• Jordan Walsh
  • Tommy Points: 4

Markelle Fultz taught Ben everything he knows about shooting!

But seriously, who is the shooting coach for the ‘76ers?

I guess at this point Simmons is just a highly skilled Aaron Gordon or a 6’9” Rondo? (That can’t shoot free throws)

Simmon's shooting coach this year is Sam Cassell....potentially our next head coach....oh dear

« Reply #2606 on: June 21, 2021, 10:08:21 PM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 10047
the way he shoots, both hands are his off hand

« Reply #2607 on: June 21, 2021, 10:23:36 PM »

Offline tazzmaniac

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 549
the way he shoots, both hands are his off hand
Kevin O'Conner has said that Simmons shoots with the wrong hand for years.  Well actually he shoots jumpers with his left hand but at the basket he mostly shoots with his right hand.   Simmons has just blown off the suggestion. 

https://sports.yahoo.com/expect-ben-simmons-start-shooting-righty-76ers-star-isnt-one-174226071.html

« Reply #2608 on: June 21, 2021, 10:31:10 PM »

Online Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1533
The Gobert blaming on TV, radio and podcasts is BS. You can’t blame him if Bogdanovic, Conley and Mitchell could not keep their matchups from driving EASILY to the basket. 🤷‍♂️
But that happened in the regular season also.  Gobert has been as ineffective as Simmons in the playoffs the last 4 seasons. 
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #2609 on: June 22, 2021, 04:38:47 AM »

Offline staticcc

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 38
But that happened in the regular season also.  Gobert has been as ineffective as Simmons in the playoffs the last 4 seasons.

If the Jazz wing players could defend, it wouldn’t be much of a problem.
"The bigger the lie, the more they believe." - Bunk