Author Topic: NBA Playoffs 2021  (Read 312953 times)

Re: NBA Playoffs 2021
« Reply #2580 on: June 21, 2021, 11:28:19 AM »

Offline showtime

• Derrick White
  • Tommy Points: 20
 Watching the Sixers and Hawks, reaffirmed what I already knew, Doc Rivers is a terrible coach!

« Reply #2581 on: June 21, 2021, 12:04:19 PM »

Offline RPGenerate

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 468
In case you feel like going down memory lane at all.

https://forum.celticsstrong.com/index.php?topic=88502.0
The holy grail of awful takes, right here. Almost feel bad for Phily fans; all their hopes and dreams have been seemingly systematically smashed, one by one. Almost, if they weren't such a delusional lot.
2023 No Top 75 Fantasy Draft Los Angeles Clippers
PG: Dennis Johnson / Jo Jo White / Stephon Marbury
SG: Sidney Moncrief / World B. Free
SF: Chris Mullin / Ron Artest
PF: Detlef Schrempf / Tom Chambers / Buck Williams
C: Ben Wallace / Andrew Bynum

« Reply #2582 on: June 21, 2021, 12:05:11 PM »

Offline Birdman

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 413
Wonder where Ben Simmons will end up next season? Don’t think they will keep him now..like to see what 76ers fans are saying right now
C/PF-Horford, Baynes, Noel, Theis, Morris,
SF/SG- Tatum, Brown, Hayward, Smart, Semi, Clark
PG- Irving, Rozier, Larkin

« Reply #2583 on: June 21, 2021, 12:07:15 PM »

Offline RPGenerate

• Antoine Walker
Wonder where Ben Simmons will end up next season? Don’t think they will keep him now..like to see what 76ers fans are saying right now
Most of them want his head on a spike outside of Wells Fargo.

« Reply #2584 on: June 21, 2021, 12:13:14 PM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Larry Bird
  • Tommy Points: 2944
  • On To Banner 18!
LOL I read this on Reddit and actually laughed for real:

Hello police? Ben Simmons is in my house and he says he's going to shoot me! Oh what's that? I'll be okay?

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

« Reply #2585 on: June 21, 2021, 12:18:32 PM »

Offline RPGenerate

• Antoine Walker

Hello police? Ben Simmons is in my house and he says he's going to shoot me! Oh what's that? I'll be okay?

My favorite is "If Ben Simmons wasn't born 6'10", he'd probably be a crappy employee at a McDonalds".

« Reply #2586 on: June 21, 2021, 12:28:07 PM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Larry Bird
  • Tommy Points: 2944
  • On To Banner 18!

My favorite is "If Ben Simmons wasn't born 6'10", he'd probably be a crappy employee at a McDonalds".

There's a meme circulating online asking why Ben Simmons even wears a shooting sleeve

Someone on Reddit said it's actually his "passing sleeve'  :laugh:
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

« Reply #2587 on: June 21, 2021, 12:38:12 PM »

Offline clappy

• Jordan Walsh
  • Tommy Points: 4
There probably stuck with him, who is going to take on that salary? Unless some team out there is convinced its a fit issue.

« Reply #2588 on: June 21, 2021, 12:42:58 PM »

Offline chicagoceltic

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 210
If you are ever feeling useless just remember that Ben Simmons wears a shooting sleeve.
Pub Draft

Sam N Ella's

At the Bar: The Most Interesting Man in the World
At the Door:  Hugh Hefner
On Stage:  O.A.R., Louis C.K., EDGAR! Special Drinks:  Irish Car Bomb, Martinis On Tap: Lite, Beamish, 3 Floyds Seasonal, Chimay Grand Reserve, Spotted Cow

« Reply #2589 on: June 21, 2021, 01:17:25 PM »

Offline RPGenerate

• Antoine Walker

C'mon man...

« Reply #2590 on: June 21, 2021, 01:53:00 PM »

Offline Donoghus

• Global Moderator
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 1615
  • What a Pub Should Be

C'mon man...

Even in real time, that was a "what the heck?" moment.

2010 CB Historical Draft - Best Overall Team

« Reply #2591 on: June 21, 2021, 01:55:02 PM »

Offline RPGenerate

• Antoine Walker

C'mon man...

Even in real time, that was a "what the heck?" moment.
For sure. It's just so hilarious how he wasn't even looking at the rim. Dude's a broken man.

« Reply #2592 on: June 21, 2021, 02:13:34 PM »

Offline Donoghus

• Global Moderator
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 1615
  • What a Pub Should Be
Tom Moore
@TomMoorePhilly
#Sixers wing Danny Green: 'I think we were comfortable, looked ahead (to Milwaukee or Brooklyn) and skipped some steps.'

2010 CB Historical Draft - Best Overall Team

« Reply #2593 on: June 21, 2021, 02:15:23 PM »

Offline Ogaju

• Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1871
Embiid basically nuked Simmons in his presser. You can pretty much guarantee changes are coming in Philly.

Would you mind sharing some details? I missed the presser.

Joel Embiid: "I'll be honest. I thought the turning point was when we — I don't know how to say it — is when we had an open shot and we made one free throw..."

https://twitter.com/rich_hofmann/status/1406817068813635586?s=21

After throwing Simmons under the bus Embiid posted a "Thank you/I love you Philly" message where he touted himself by saying "If there is one thing I've learned being here, it's the TOUGHNESS this city has and that's why I played with a torn meniscus". I really dislike Embiid.
Maybe you ought to read the whole Embiid quote that I already posted. 

I mean, I'll be honest. I thought the turning point was when we — I don't know how to say it — but I thought the turning point was just we had an open shot and we made one free throw and we missed the other and then they came down and scored..

"We didn't get a good possession on the other end and Trae came back and he made a 3 and then from there down four, it's on me. I turned the ball over and tried to make something happen from the perimeter. But I thought that was the turning point."

Notice how he took responsibility for his part in the loss.  The full quote doesn't read nearly so much as throwing Simmons under the bus.  Embiid has actually been quite encouraging to Simmons in the past on his 3pt shooting issues. 

The fact of the matter is that Embiid has been extremely loyal to the Sixers and Philly.  He's embraced Philly from the moment he was drafted.  Here's the actual full post that you selectively edited. 

PHILLY I LOVE YOU
Sorry to disappoint you again Just know that I gave everything I had knowing the circumstances. If there’s one thing I’ve learned being here, it’s the TOUGHNESS this city has and that’s why I played with a torn meniscus. THANK YOU FOR THE SUPPORT ALL YEAR LONG!!

Did Tatum or Brown post anything similar after the season ended or did they just get out of Dodge?  Has Tatum or Brown embraced Boston like Embiid has embraced Philly?

Those are good questions.

« Reply #2594 on: June 21, 2021, 02:20:39 PM »

Offline Rondo9

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 277
Embiid basically nuked Simmons in his presser. You can pretty much guarantee changes are coming in Philly.

Would you mind sharing some details? I missed the presser.

Joel Embiid: "I'll be honest. I thought the turning point was when we — I don't know how to say it — is when we had an open shot and we made one free throw..."

https://twitter.com/rich_hofmann/status/1406817068813635586?s=21

After throwing Simmons under the bus Embiid posted a "Thank you/I love you Philly" message where he touted himself by saying "If there is one thing I've learned being here, it's the TOUGHNESS this city has and that's why I played with a torn meniscus". I really dislike Embiid.
Maybe you ought to read the whole Embiid quote that I already posted. 

I mean, I'll be honest. I thought the turning point was when we — I don't know how to say it — but I thought the turning point was just we had an open shot and we made one free throw and we missed the other and then they came down and scored..

"We didn't get a good possession on the other end and Trae came back and he made a 3 and then from there down four, it's on me. I turned the ball over and tried to make something happen from the perimeter. But I thought that was the turning point."

Notice how he took responsibility for his part in the loss.  The full quote doesn't read nearly so much as throwing Simmons under the bus.  Embiid has actually been quite encouraging to Simmons in the past on his 3pt shooting issues. 

The fact of the matter is that Embiid has been extremely loyal to the Sixers and Philly.  He's embraced Philly from the moment he was drafted.  Here's the actual full post that you selectively edited. 

PHILLY I LOVE YOU
Sorry to disappoint you again Just know that I gave everything I had knowing the circumstances. If there’s one thing I’ve learned being here, it’s the TOUGHNESS this city has and that’s why I played with a torn meniscus. THANK YOU FOR THE SUPPORT ALL YEAR LONG!!

Did Tatum or Brown post anything similar after the season ended or did they just get out of Dodge?  Has Tatum or Brown embraced Boston like Embiid has embraced Philly?

Those are good questions.

More like silly questions, Brown has considered himself part of Boston and was even named Boston sportsperson of the year I think and Tatum mentioned that he wants to recognized as part of the Celtics greats.