Author Topic: Patriot defensive AMO  (Read 3874 times)

Patriot defensive AMO
« on: May 22, 2008, 12:57:46 PM »

Offline JSD

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2155
Great take on the Media during this whole circus:
http://www.bostonsportsmedia.com/2008/05/why-spygate-is-the-most-disgraceful-episode-in-recent-sports-media-history

First:

The NFL monitored the Pats taping procedures and process from when they were caught with a camera on the sideline (prohibited). Thus how could they "cheat"?

Second:

The League and Commish has never said the Pats cheated.. Does the Media and fans have more authority or say then the Leauge and Commish?

Third:

Read and learn.

The Rule:

Page 105 of the 2007 NFL Game Operations Manual states, "No video recording devices of any kind are permitted to be in use in the coaches' booth, on the field, or in the locker room during the game...All video shooting locations must be enclosed on all sides with a roof overhead."

Link to the transcript:         

http://www.tmrzoo.com/?p=226

Out-takes from Goodell:

Impact on games?

Again, according to NFL policy, it is permissible to scout people's coaching signals, and as you know, clubs go to great lengths to protect those. They change them frequently and they change them during the game. So I think that teams are sophisticated enough to know that that's a possibility and they go to great lengths to address them. But it's impossible to know the specifics about how much impact it has. I believe that, to me, that there is a permissible way to do this; that they prepare for that.

Handing out the penalty, I don't think it was made clear perhaps that this had extended back any further than a couple of years.
Well, Gary, the only point I would say to that one, and obviously there could have been more information, but it was clear that it was not just an isolated incident with the Patriots because we had other tapes from the Patriots.
The only color that matters is GREEN

Re: Patriot defensive AMO
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2008, 02:00:14 PM »

Offline JSD

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2155
Did anyone hear Joey Porter and ESPN spinning it as if it were a new revelation on the Pats illegal advanced scouting?

I'm ready to organize an Anti-ESPN, Pro-patriot rally to bring national spotlight to the clear agenda against our beloved Patriots.

Would you go to such a rally?
The only color that matters is GREEN

Re: Patriot defensive AMO
« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2008, 04:37:16 PM »

Offline Eja117

• NCE
  • Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1254
This is why nobody takes ESPN seriously anymore. They went from upstart fun channel to big corporate Disney BSers. Just show the games and the scores. Their only good show is The Sports Reporters. Outside the Lines is always a stretch for nothing. They aren't good at Monday Nite Football (how do you mess THAT up), Around the Horn is the same stupid show each episode, Jim Rome is burning sounds like my big brother nagging me and I don't even have a big brother. I guess PTI is good.

I'd rather get sports news from John Tomase. The guy made a mistake and admitted it. Done. He doesn't act like he owns sports like ESPN