Author Topic: NFL Draft...  (Read 17647 times)

Re: NFL Draft...
« Reply #45 on: April 27, 2008, 09:31:41 PM »

Offline yall hate

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 55
im very surprised they didnt grab a te somewhere in there.  they only have watson and thomas, neither of whome has shown they can stay healthy.  probably sign a rookie fa te, but still a little odd.  (bill has also drafted 8 te's in 8 years running the draft, until this year, lol)

Agreed about the TE situation.  Brad Cottam and Craig Stevens were two that I thought might be good pickups for the Pats, but they went earlier than I expected (mid 3rd round).  Other rookie FA TEs to consider might be Chris Hopkins who is big, but from a smaller school (Toledo).

On the safeties, it makes a lot of sense to invite BC's Silva.

Question about Tony Pauline: how did he rank the Logan Mankins pick a few years ago?

I dont think Silva would have a shot here...we will already be allocating 3 spots to guys whose sole purpose will be special teams (izzo, kelly washington, and slater, assuming he makes the team).  But some team out there could use him.

As for Tony Pauline, who knows.  It really is moronic to attempt to rate drafts right after the draft.  it takes a few years to be able to do it properly, but i got a chukkle/tear in seeing them there 3 times.