Author Topic: Toronto as a threat to Celtics  (Read 7574 times)

Re: Toronto as a threat to Celtics
« Reply #60 on: July 22, 2018, 08:19:18 PM »

Offline KungPoweChicken

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 228
There does not seem to be that much incentive for the Lakers to trade for Leonard. Why give up Ingram, Kuzma, and either ball/hart for Leonard when they can keep that young core and simply add Leonard next season?

« Reply #61 on: July 22, 2018, 09:06:31 PM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion
I see the Toronto deal as pretty much of a standoff. That assumes Leonard is healthy. You give up a 25 ppg star for another star, you don't change very much.

On the other hand, the Celtics are a team that was one game away from the finals without Irving or Hayward. And they missed Hayward the whole season and Irving a good chunk of it.

The Celtics look like the Beast of the East.

Now if Philly had gotten Leonard without giving up Simmons or Embiid, it might have been a bit closer.

Except one 25 point scorer was not very good at defense while the other is a two-time Defensive Player of the Year.  And one has a reputation for choking in the playoffs while the other is a Finals MVP.  Leonard really is considerably better than DeRozan.
Lol, TP. Spot on salt. Westbrook and LeBron both score 25-30 a night, so they have the same impact on winning, right?

Before Leonard got zaza'd I thought he was the best player in the league. If he is healthy and engaged Toronto will be a monster
I was right there with you. They had a legit chance at beating GSW behind Kawhi
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)

« Reply #62 on: July 22, 2018, 09:33:57 PM »

Offline csfansince60s

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 2238
There does not seem to be that much incentive for the Lakers to trade for Leonard. Why give up Ingram, Kuzma, and either ball/hart for Leonard when they can keep that young core and simply add Leonard next season?

Tick tock, tick tock on Bron Bron. The currently assembled Fakers cannot beat the Warriors. To burn one of four of Bron Bron's years on an empty quest (read non-title contention) doesn't make a lot of sense.

Leonard and Bron Bron, along with that veteran band of misfits could beat the Warriors in a seven game series, irrespective of losing Ingram and Kuzma or Ball or Hart.

Hey, they're the Fakers. They just have to wiggle their fake, plastic tinsel-town-ass, and free agents come a runnin'. They don't need picks and young players. They want results now.

« Reply #63 on: July 22, 2018, 09:41:19 PM »

Offline jambr380

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 1756
  • Everybody knows what's best for you

There was this:

"The Lakers are not Kawhi's preferred destination anymore," Wright said. "He wants to go to the Clippers. Because he doesn't want to go and be second fiddle to LeBron. That's what I was told. I was told by somebody that would know. So right now the Clippers are where he wants to go.

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2784708-lakers-trade-rumors-kawhi-leonard-prefers-clippers-to-joining-lebron-james

I mean, it is pretty speculative. Nobody really knows what Kawhi wants (we do know that he does NOT want the Raptors). If the Lakers want the best opportunity to sign him, it would be in their best interest to trade for him. Also, as csfansince60s said above, the Lakers are going nowhere fast with their current roster. Adding Kawhi to Lebron and company could have a significant impact on who the Cs face in the Finals  ;D

« Reply #64 on: July 23, 2018, 07:57:07 AM »

Offline hodgy03038

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 440
  • Marcus Smart #1 Fan
I don't think anyone knows what Kawhi wants because he doesn't speak.

« Reply #65 on: July 23, 2018, 04:16:00 PM »

Offline csfansince60s

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 2238
I don't think anyone knows what Kawhi wants because he doesn't speak.

Or play even when healthy apparently.