Author Topic: NBA Season 2018 - 2019  (Read 208882 times)

Re: NBA Season 2018 - 2019
« Reply #1245 on: February 05, 2019, 09:59:52 PM »

Offline NKY fan

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 106
This is pure gold from silver screw and roll :
“....
i don’t want any thing to do with Clutch sports, i don’t want AD, i don’t want Lebron, i don’t even want KCP on his BS contracts… we have become the LA Clutch Sports instead of the LA Lakers…i just want that whole clutch sports movement gone out of LA, i don’t even care what we get in return. probably ain’t much because it would get super nasty and like somebody above already mentioned he would threat with retirement…i don’t know what you do…but i do know it has been the worst year ever…even the wasted years before this one was more fun to watch, despite the losses at least we saw some young players blossom, right now we just look lost, pathetic, frustrated and it’s almost like nobody wants to even ball anymore with all this drama...”

Hmm Durant was onto something two months ago

« Reply #1246 on: February 05, 2019, 10:38:59 PM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 2951
  • On To Banner 18!
“....
i don’t want any thing to do with Clutch sports, i don’t want AD, i don’t want Lebron, i don’t even want KCP on his BS contracts… we have become the LA Clutch Sports instead of the LA Lakers…i just want that whole clutch sports movement gone out of LA, i don’t even care what we get in return. probably ain’t much because it would get super nasty and like somebody above already mentioned he would threat with retirement…i don’t know what you do…but i do know it has been the worst year ever…even the wasted years before this one was more fun to watch, despite the losses at least we saw some young players blossom, right now we just look lost, pathetic, frustrated and it’s almost like nobody wants to even ball anymore with all this drama...”

Yeah KD was spot on. It’s also why I find it hilarious there’s even suggestions that Kyrie or KD will join LAL. Kyrie himself hates feeling like a pawn and going back on a Lebron team will make him feel the same way.

Even tonight, Lebron didn’t even sit with his team apparently. He sat like 4 seats away from a player. And his postgame comments didn’t even sound like he was defending his young teammates and vouching for them.

The media loves LBJ and they are helping him. Unfortunately for the rest of the Lakers, they will suffer. Even some LAL fans are seeing this now.

Lakers fans would call me delusional for saying it, but let’s face it. Lebron controls that team now. Not Magic, not the others in the FA.
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

« Reply #1247 on: February 05, 2019, 10:40:30 PM »

Offline CelticSooner

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 872
  • GOT IT!!!
Lakers getting blown out tonight with LeBron James means they are going to play some smash-mouth, blood-thirst basketball in their next game. With some incentives as how their Anthony Davis trade is slowly falling apart because of a certain team always trying to chime in.

I don't like the sound of that at the TD Garden, gulp.

I don’t care who wins on Thursday as along as that deadline passes with AD still in Cajun country.

« Reply #1248 on: February 05, 2019, 10:49:53 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2968
Lakers getting blown out tonight with LeBron James means they are going to play some smash-mouth, blood-thirst basketball in their next game. With some incentives as how their Anthony Davis trade is slowly falling apart because of a certain team always trying to chime in.

I don't like the sound of that at the TD Garden, gulp.

I don’t care who wins on Thursday as along as that deadline passes with AD still in Cajun country.

bingo ...thats the real victory for the good guys !  :D

« Reply #1249 on: February 05, 2019, 10:55:22 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2968
“....

Yeah KD was spot on. It’s also why I find it hilarious there’s even suggestions that Kyrie or KD will join LAL. Kyrie himself hates feeling like a pawn and going back on a Lebron team will make him feel the same way.

Even tonight, Lebron didn’t even sit with his team apparently. He sat like 4 seats away from a player. And his postgame comments didn’t even sound like he was defending his young teammates and vouching for them.

The media loves LBJ and they are helping him. Unfortunately for the rest of the Lakers, they will suffer. Even some LAL fans are seeing this now.

Lakers fans would call me delusional for saying it, but let’s face it. Lebron controls that team now. Not Magic, not the others in the FA.

you are correct far as im concerned .  He needed a place with WILLiNG victums ....a place he could move in and set up shop.  AS an added bonus LA is where all the money and FA want to live .  So ....basically Magic took the bait and let the FOX in the hen house .  Use the Lakers team to make him as much money as possible before he is in a wheel chair .  If he succeeds , he may want to run the Lakers after he retires . Although i bet he reallynwants to own Cavs , that is his utlimate pay back to that owner .    Its ALWAYS about LEBRON ....nobody should everbthink different

« Reply #1250 on: February 06, 2019, 09:10:25 PM »

Offline RJ87

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1408
  • Let's Go Celtics!
Milwaukee put up 80 in a half.

EDIT: 85
2021 Houston Rockets
PG: Kyrie Irving/Patty Mills/Jalen Brunson
SG: OG Anunoby/Norman Powell/Matisse Thybulle
SF: Gordon Hayward/Demar Derozan
PF: Giannis Antetokounmpo/Robert Covington
C: Kristaps Porzingis/Bobby Portis/James Wiseman

« Reply #1251 on: February 06, 2019, 09:11:55 PM »

Offline liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 3176

They gave up 60 to a gutted Washington team....

Edit: 64

« Reply #1252 on: February 06, 2019, 09:14:01 PM »

Offline blink

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1479

Edit: 62

But they laid 50 on them in one quarter...sheesh.  If the bucks keep this rolling we are going to have our hands full with them in the playoffs.

« Reply #1253 on: February 06, 2019, 09:14:55 PM »

Offline liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 3176

Edit: 62

But the laid 50 on them in one quarter...sheesh.  If the bucks keep this rolling we are going to have our hands full with them in the playoffs.

No defense is being played.

« Reply #1254 on: February 06, 2019, 09:31:17 PM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 2951
  • On To Banner 18!
Folks seem to be sleeping on the Clippers. Everyone talks about the other LA team, but I could easily see 1 or even 2 of KD/Kemba/Kawhi/Klay/Butler heading there and/or possibly an AD trade + 1 max-signing.

I would honestly love to see that to spite the Lakers as well  :laugh:
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

« Reply #1255 on: February 06, 2019, 09:40:16 PM »

Offline jpotter33

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2929
Folks seem to be sleeping on the Clippers. Everyone talks about the other LA team, but I could easily see 1 or even 2 of KD/Kemba/Kawhi/Klay/Butler heading there and/or possibly an AD trade + 1 max-signing.

Where are people getting this notion that LAC can trade for AD? They don't have near the assets to get AD. From a player perspective, their young prospects are probably even less attractive than the combination of the Lakers' young guys. And from a pick perspective, the only really valuable pick they have is the Miami pick they just got in the trade for Harris, but that is probably not even as valuable as our Grizzlies pick given each team's roster and overall direction moving forward.

They just simply don't have enough to trade for AD. In fact, I think the Lakers' offer is quite a bit better than anything the Clippers could offer.

« Reply #1256 on: February 06, 2019, 10:10:34 PM »

Offline apc

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 437
Nets beat the nuggets. I would prefer if we don’t see them in the first round

« Reply #1257 on: February 07, 2019, 06:43:03 AM »

Offline RodyTur10

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 292
  • Always offline from 9pm till 3am

But we will, unless the Raptors are going to be in a slump and there's few reason to believe that happens.
I'm already happy that Philadelphia and the Bucks probably are going to tangle with each other in the second round.
I'd rather see the Bucks having success than the 76ers, but I think we'll have a bigger chance beating the 76ers in the conference finals (if we get there).

« Reply #1258 on: February 07, 2019, 07:44:23 AM »

Offline A Future of Stevens

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 486

Where are people getting this notion that LAC can trade for AD? They don't have near the assets to get AD. From a player perspective, their young prospects are probably even less attractive than the combination of the Lakers' young guys. And from a pick perspective, the only really valuable pick they have is the Miami pick they just got in the trade for Harris, but that is probably not even as valuable as our Grizzlies pick given each team's roster and overall direction moving forward.

They just simply don't have enough to trade for AD. In fact, I think the Lakers' offer is quite a bit better than anything the Clippers could offer.

I agree, but if I am NO, the Miami pick and Shai are a better player and pick than anything the Lakers can offer. Lakers are just trying to trade 8 dimes for a dollar.
#JKJB

« Reply #1259 on: February 07, 2019, 07:51:15 AM »

Offline smokeablount

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 628
  • Mark Blount often got smoked

Me too, but Nets can be quite good at home and the Nuggets are not a good road team, they have a negative point differential on the road. 

The Celtics need to be good enough that it doesn't matter who they play in round 1 if they get a top 3-4 seed, & realistically they kinda have to try to get a top 2-3 seed. 
2023 Non-Active / Non-NBA75 Fantasy Draft, ChiBulls:

PG: Deron Williams 07-08 / M.R. Richardson 80-81 / J. Wall 16-17
SG: David Thompson 77-78 / Hersey Hawkins 96-97
SF: Tracy McGrady 02-03 / Tayshaun Prince 06-07
PF: Larry Nance Sr 91-92 / Blake Griffin 13-14
C: Bob Lanier 76-77 / Brad Daugherty 92-93 / M. Camby 06-07