Author Topic: Quentin being Quentin  (Read 10730 times)

Quentin being Quentin
« on: November 18, 2008, 11:33:04 PM »

Offline ma11l

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 233
  • Let's Go Celtics
From the Globe's Celtics Blog and ESPN's game recap:

"I think a few of those guys know they can’t just say anything to us," said Richardson. "I’m just real curious to see what those guys will be saying if we weren’t in a basketball league, and didn’t have referees. I mean it wouldn’t be the same story. I mean they are the World Champions and rah-rah-rah, but the tough part I don’t factor. I come from a neighborhood where you can say what you want to say, but 'til you do something, it don’t mean nothing. Some of those guys are happy to get a ring, but you ain’t been in the league long enough to talk to people like that. I don’t have a lot of respect for that. Like I said, I’d be curious to hear what they have to say in a different setting, I’d be very curious to see that.”

I think Q's been hitting his head a little too much after hitting shots.  Oh wait, he doesn't hit that many shots, so that's not the reason.  The real reason is because this guy is a joke.  Why can't the champs talk smack, but he can ALWAYS chirp at Pierce, who is 20 times the player Richardson will ever be.  Celtics fans ATTACK....
"Take this down," said O'Neal. "My name is Shaquille O'Neal and Paul Pierce is the (expletive) truth. Quote me on that and don't take nothing out. I knew he could play, but I didn't know he could play like this. Paul Pierce is the truth."

Q richardson
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2008, 11:35:17 PM »

Offline houlana

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 21
whats up guys, didnt get a chance to watch the game, saw highlights.
but what was up with all the Techs, and why was richardson saying this after the game

"I'm just real curious to see what those guys will be saying if we weren't in a basketball league and didn't have referees," Knicks forward Quentin Richardson said. "I mean, it wouldn't be the same story. I mean, they are the world champions and rah, rah, rah, but the tough part I don't factor.
"I come from a neighborhood where you can say what you want to say, but until you do something, it don't mean nothing."

Re: Quentin being Quentin
« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2008, 11:52:15 PM »

Offline ACF

• Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1157
  • A Celtic Fan
Idiots walk the face of the earth
so that the rest of us know how
not to behave and carry ourselves.

It's as easy as that.

« Reply #3 on: November 19, 2008, 12:30:33 AM »

Offline davemonsterband

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 160
I think it's pretty stupid of anybody to pass judgment on Q without knowing what Leon actually said to him, everybody's got a breaking point.
"The Best Revenge Is Massive Success"
~Ole Blue Eyes~

« Reply #4 on: November 19, 2008, 12:35:07 AM »

Offline Tnerb02

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 18
Scalabrine >>> QRich

« Reply #5 on: November 19, 2008, 12:59:24 AM »

Offline ma11l

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 233
  • Let's Go Celtics
I think it's pretty stupid of anybody to pass judgment on Q without knowing what Leon actually said to him, everybody's got a breaking point.

Eh, I agree to a certain point.  If it was Duhon or Lee or someone else that said this I'd go along with this.  However Q Rich has quite the history starting stuff like this.  Anyone who hits their head like that after every hoop doesn't deserve the benefit of the doubt. 

Leon has been nothing but a stand up kid since he's been in this league.  If anyone's had a problem with him it's been because of his physical style of play.  Richardson talked about his neighborhood he grew up in, I'd love to see him be in the NBA after having the childhood that Leon did.
"Take this down," said O'Neal. "My name is Shaquille O'Neal and Paul Pierce is the (expletive) truth. Quote me on that and don't take nothing out. I knew he could play, but I didn't know he could play like this. Paul Pierce is the truth."

« Reply #6 on: November 19, 2008, 01:15:13 AM »

Offline guava_wrench

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 777
"Til you do something"?

Sound like he is teammates with Marbury and doesn't consider a championship that big of an accomplishment.

« Reply #7 on: November 19, 2008, 02:06:20 AM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
quention is an idiot. He thinks he can battle pierce, what a joke

« Reply #8 on: November 19, 2008, 06:23:17 AM »

Offline celticmaestro

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 81
  • "Love is the soul of a true Irishman"
Always been an idiot, still is.

He better not make Pierce get the bloods.

« Reply #9 on: November 19, 2008, 06:58:19 AM »

Offline Las Vegas Asian

• Derrick White
  • Tommy Points: 6
Quentin might be the biggest idiot in the league. He was still talking smack last year even after we blew them out by 45pts.  ???

« Reply #10 on: November 19, 2008, 07:18:58 AM »

Offline crownsy

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 157
Q is like that guy at a pickup game that thinks he's awesome, but everyone knows kinda sucks and they just ignore.
“I will hurt you for this. A day will come when you think you’re safe and happy and your joy will turn to ashes in your mouth. And you will know the debt is paid.” – Tyrion

« Reply #11 on: November 19, 2008, 08:15:36 AM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club

It's as easy as that.
TP4U ACF that deep!!

Very chippy game last night and I think it started with the Knicks burst in the first quarter and then the escalation when Powe and Randolph got into it. Powe must have said something and the Knicks didn't like it. If QRich's problem is with Leon I dare him to take it out back with Leon. This is a guy who was homeless, lived out of a car while protecting his siblings on the streets of a big city. Yeah, QRich, go take it outside with Leon because he's just a young kid from a wussy rich neighborhood who's never done anything in this league except win a championship and made himself into a great sixth man after seriously injuring himself twice in college. I'm sure you'll teach Leon a lesson or two out back in the alley Quinton.

As an aside, just going by first names and nothing else, if you had to bet who wins a fight is it the guy named Quinton or the guy named Leon?

Oh, yeah, and if any of the Knicks want to step into that same alley with a guy named Kendrick, yeah, it's been nice knowing you. Perk scares the hell out of me and I like him.

« Reply #12 on: November 19, 2008, 08:21:00 AM »

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1327

It's as easy as that.
As an aside, just going by first names and nothing else, if you had to bet who wins a fight is it the guy named Quinton or the guy named Leon?

Oh, yeah, and if any of the Knicks want to step into that same alley with a guy named Kendrick, yeah, it's been nice knowing you. Perk scares the hell out of me and I like him.
Unless the guy facing Kendrick or Leon was named Nunzio I think I'd go with them.

Q Rich has always been a knucklehead. It helps that he's been an awful player ever since the Knicks got him, helps me to ignore him.

« Reply #13 on: November 19, 2008, 08:40:54 AM »

Offline CelticsWhat35

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 353

It's pretty stupid to side with the character of Quentin Richardson over that of Leon Powe.

« Reply #14 on: November 19, 2008, 08:47:44 AM »

Offline CelticsWhat35

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 353
C - Mark Blount/Zaza Pachulia
PF- Anderson Varejao/Maurice Evans
F - Quentin Richardson/Ron Artest
PG- Mike Bibby/Gilbert Arenas/Daniel Gibson
G - Sasha Vujacic/Manu Ginobili/Richard Hamilton

inactive:

Nate Robinson/Kenyon Martin/Al Horford