Author Topic: Are we in any team's head more than the Pistons'?  (Read 4855 times)

Re: Are we in any team's head more than the Pistons'?
« Reply #15 on: November 22, 2008, 12:38:22 AM »

Offline Sweet17

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 107
The C's are not in the Lakers head, IMHO. The Lakers think they got us beat this year - it's hard to knock em. The have 13 point differential and the best record in the league. They think Bynum will turn the tide. We shall see..

« Reply #16 on: November 22, 2008, 06:58:01 AM »

Offline davemonsterband

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 160
The C's are not in the Lakers head, IMHO. The Lakers think they got us beat this year - it's hard to knock em. The have 13 point differential and the best record in the league. They think Bynum will turn the tide. We shall see..

We shall, but I think the Lakers are soft and flimsy and they're not going to be able to figure that out until the C's and Cavs roll into town. A 7 game series, same old problems. Floppy Gasol and the pansy 11 are going to get punked, I'm not being a homer, I truly believe the league is weak after those 2 teams, and it's going to be humbling for the Lakers. Motivation against them? Never an issue, bring it.
"The Best Revenge Is Massive Success"
~Ole Blue Eyes~

« Reply #17 on: November 22, 2008, 07:24:44 AM »

Offline ACF

• Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1157
  • A Celtic Fan
The difference between the C's
and the Lakers is that we've only
played maybe a handful of really
good games, maybe even less.
The Lakers have been blowing teams
out of buildings. Still, we have only
lost two games. When we start to
click, teams should (and probably will)
be very afraid, in my opinion.

« Reply #18 on: November 22, 2008, 07:28:15 AM »

Offline Bankshot

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 632
played maybe a handful really

Isn't this the same as last year?  People picked the Lakers to win it all last year because they were blowing people out and even though the Celtics were doing the same thing coupled with the best defense in the league.  Now the excuse that the Lakers are better is that they now have Bynum. 

I agree though that when we start to click, LA and the rest will be in trouble.
"If somebody would have told you when he was playing with the Knicks that Nate Robinson was going to change a big time game and he was going to do it mostly because of his defense, somebody would have got slapped."  Mark Jackson

« Reply #19 on: November 22, 2008, 07:30:47 AM »

Offline ACF

• Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1157
  • A Celtic Fan
played maybe a handful really

Isn't this the same as last year?  People picked the Lakers to win it all last year because they were blowing people out and even though the Celtics were doing the same thing coupled with the best defense in the league.  Now the excuse that the Lakers are better is that they now have Bynum. 

I agree though that when we start to click, LA and the rest will be in trouble.

I was trying to point out
that we haven't played to
our full potential. I don't
believe in the Bynum Hype
thing either  ;)
We kicked their butts last
year with Bynum healthy!

So, as far as I see it, we
fully agree  :)

« Reply #20 on: November 22, 2008, 07:59:24 AM »

Offline davemonsterband

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 160
played maybe a handful of really

The Lakers are blowing teams out because they're motivated by the embarrassment of the Finals last season. The C's are doggin' it because champs always do that without change, they're stronger than ever. Who have they beaten? Not the C's, not the Cavs, they beat up on the rest of the league, and the rest of the league is tier 2. I don't mean to be frank, but you'll see when C's roll into town, they're not all that good, they just exploit poor defensive teams, and that's all but 2 teams, people waste their time looking at the wrong teams, when it comes to contenders, this is the weakest the league has been in about 10 years.
« Last Edit: November 22, 2008, 08:21:24 AM by davemonsterband »
"The Best Revenge Is Massive Success"
~Ole Blue Eyes~

« Reply #21 on: November 22, 2008, 10:16:08 AM »

Offline JBcat

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 512
With the Celtics at their best and the Lakers at their best I'd still go with the Celtics.  With that being said I think what is being overlooked is not only the Bynum factor playing along side Gasol but also Trevor Ariza.   Ariza is playing very well for them, can play solid D, and is actually shooting a high percentage from 3 point land.  The trickle down effect about adding both these guys to the rotation this year is it allows Odom to come off the bench and provides very solid D at the wing spot, and makes them a much deeper team.   

The Celtics offense does need to click a little better as the overall shooting percentages of the big 3 are down from last year.  Only 2 or 3 other teams have played as many games as the Celtics so it has been bit of a draining schedule so far.

Getting back to the original subject line.   I don't think we are really in the Pistons heads.  I think we are just plainly a superior team and matchup well against them.   Plus the Pistons played the night before and the Celtics had been staying home all week.   We all know how the schedule factors in a little to how teams perform on a given night.