Author Topic: I Think That Horford Left Celtics because he didn't believe in them  (Read 3742 times)

Re: I Think That Horford Left Celtics because he didn't believe in them
« Reply #30 on: August 25, 2020, 09:15:32 AM »

Offline DefenseWinsChamps

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 766
Al is guaranteed $69.0 over three years. So...

1.  Al and Philly agree to a buyout for $56 million;

2.  Philly stretches Al for 7 years at $8 million;

3.  Boston signs Al to 3 year, $18 million contract using the Taxpayer MLE

Who says no?  (Probably Philly, who sticks it out one more year).

Here is an interesting idea.   What if the NBA with it's likely lower cap and tax numbers allows teams to waive one player where their money doesn't count towards the cap nor taxes for the rest of the length of the contract but the player still gets all the guaranteed money and can sign with another team?   

They have to redo the CBA anyways.   

(The "I am bored working at my computer" idea)

I think this is an interesting possibility, especially because we may be looking at another season of lost/limited revenue for owners.

Re: Horford Left Celtics because he didn't believe in them
« Reply #31 on: August 25, 2020, 09:53:40 AM »

Offline tonydelk

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 468
One thing that we may have overestimated during Al’s time in Boston, is his leadership. Kyrie basically called him out on it (without specifically saying his name), but Kyrie may have been correct. How can Al be such a key piece to two consecutive teams that have had such internal struggles? I liked Al when he was on the Celtics, but his move to Philly reminded me of when Ray Allen left for Miami. Both consummate professionals, but their departures came out of nowhere and to the Celtics biggest rivals at the time too.

Does Philly look to try and trade Al this offseason?

I'm sure they will try to but I can't see anyone taking on that contract.  Philly is stuck with Al and Tobias and their best chance at getting better is trading Embiid or Simmons.  Al can be the Center for the next three years.  Philly needs some shooters in a bad way.  If they don't make some changes to that roster they will not win a championship.   This team will be much better with Simmons back next year but they still need bench scoring and a shooter in the starting unit.  Richardson and Harris just aren't the type of shooters Philly Needs.  Richardson would be amazing off the bench if Philly had a knockdown shooter in the starting unit.