Poll

What sucks worst for Philly fans?

Could’ve had Tatum and now he’s lighting you up
27 (48.2%)
You were all proud about “stealing” Horford and now he’s doing nothing for you (and oh yeh you have him under a big contract for a few years)
14 (25%)
Gave up on Fultz and now he’s playing pretty well and winning playoff games and you’re not
5 (8.9%)
Your coach has a wicked Boston accent
4 (7.1%)
Other (do tell)
6 (10.7%)

Total Members Voted: 56

Author Topic: What Sucks Worst for Sixers Fans? (Poll)  (Read 9390 times)

Re: What Sucks Worst for Sixers Fans? (Poll)
« Reply #45 on: August 23, 2020, 03:59:03 PM »

Offline Ogaju

• Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1871
I think pre-season I predicted Sixers would play Lakers in the NBA Finals.

Man what was I thinking??

yeah, what were you thinking? You realy put your footey in that one.

« Reply #46 on: August 23, 2020, 04:01:16 PM »

Offline SparzWizard

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 996

Don't worry the media was also predicting a Lakers-76ers NBA Finals.

#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown)
#JFJM (Just Fire Joe Mazzulla)

« Reply #47 on: August 23, 2020, 04:02:52 PM »

Offline RPGenerate

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 468
Being the first team to be eliminated in the bubble playoffs.
2023 No Top 75 Fantasy Draft Los Angeles Clippers
PG: Dennis Johnson / Jo Jo White / Stephon Marbury
SG: Sidney Moncrief / World B. Free
SF: Chris Mullin / Ron Artest
PF: Detlef Schrempf / Tom Chambers / Buck Williams
C: Ben Wallace / Andrew Bynum

« Reply #48 on: August 23, 2020, 04:03:18 PM »

Offline jambr380

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 1762
  • Everybody knows what's best for you
If Al was basically below avg for a player making his salary ,  think how bad he is going to look eating up that huge cap space and contributing much less.  Alot of money for little on court achievement,  especially for a team that claims they are trying to win a chip.   Good luck moving Harris and Horfords pig contracts , by then Embiids knees will be shot , like Bynum , just a shell.  Cooked before 30

I agree they need to find a way to move Al this offseason, even if it is for an equally bad contract at another position - preferably a guard. With the emergence of Graham, would the Hornets [ironically] move Rozier for Al? Terry would be a much better fit on that Sixers team.

Harris is certainly overpaid, but he is usually a quality player. Frankly, he absolutely killed us last night on the offensive boards. I am not sure what is up with his shooting in this series, but unless they can offload him pretty easily, it's probably best to keep a guy like Tobias on the team and hope Simmons can get him back on track.
Back on track to what? This is Tobias. He is a one-dimensional player who gets badly exposed in the playoffs (remember what happened to him last year against Toronto?). He is a decent scorer and that's pretty much it. He is not even worth remotely close to what the 76ers are paying him.

Tobias isn't a world-beater and he isn't worth his contract, but he is a useful player. He was a 20ppg scorer this year and he does everything else decently. He also plays a position that teams are desperate for as he can cover several positions and his style allows him to be off-ball quite a bit.

If the Sixers had brought in Brogdon or even Rozier - instead of Al - Harris would be able to play perfectly as a 4th guy who can fill in all the necessary roles. People complain about Al being redundant because of Embiid, but he is also redundant because Harris makes a very solid 4.

Also, I don't think Al will look nearly as bad on another team as their main Center, but this experiment obviously isn't working.

« Reply #49 on: August 23, 2020, 04:04:34 PM »

Offline knuckleballer

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 664
I think it’s time for them to tank another half decade for picks again.

« Reply #50 on: August 23, 2020, 04:05:12 PM »

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1834

yeah, what were you thinking? You realy put your footey in that one.

badabing. TP!

« Reply #51 on: August 23, 2020, 04:05:44 PM »

Offline Ogaju

• Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1871
Can Cs get Al back if he shows remorse? lol.

« Reply #52 on: August 23, 2020, 04:08:24 PM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion
Can Cs get Al back if he shows remorse? lol.
They won't unless he gets bought out, lol
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)

« Reply #53 on: August 23, 2020, 04:17:30 PM »

Offline Atzar

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 1666
Here's what is worst for Sixers fans IMO.

Their roster, as currently constructed, cannot contend.  The pieces are dreadfully expensive and do not fit together, they're cap-locked, they're out of premium draft assets, and Harris and Horford will be VERY hard to move.  Their only way to raise their ceiling is to win a major trade of either Simmons or Embiid. 

And you have Elton Brand making that decision. 

That's the biggest blow to me.  If I'm a Sixers fan, I'm very aware of the shake-up required to fix the team and I have no confidence that the man in charge can do it. 

« Reply #54 on: August 23, 2020, 04:21:53 PM »

Offline SparzWizard

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 996
Being the first team to be eliminated in the bubble playoffs.

And the Boston Celtics being the first team to advance in the bubble playoffs  8)

#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown)
#JFJM (Just Fire Joe Mazzulla)

« Reply #55 on: August 23, 2020, 04:25:13 PM »

Offline Surferdad

• Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 976
  • "He fiddles...and diddles..."
I think it’s time for them to tank another half decade for picks again.
Yup, it’s The Process that counts, not the end result, lol.

« Reply #56 on: August 23, 2020, 04:45:44 PM »

Offline NKY fan

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 106
I think sixers has the right idea with Hinkie but they / him failed to get correct advise on how to pretend that they are not trying to lose. For instance lakers were trying to lose but were also spending a third Of their cap on Kobe and his farewell tour. He shot them out of games most night since he was taking 25 shots a night at very low efficiency.
On the other hand Hinkie and sixers owners were going about meeting their cap floor in a sleazy way:
They would be at 40% of cap till trading deadline then acquire a bunch of overpaid expiring contracts to meet the 90% floor and get second rounders in the process. Doing this was not against the rules and was actually smart but it was depraving some nba free agents of deserved contracts and were hurting relationships between owners and players union.
They were financial champs but also a constant PR disaster.
Now Adam silver who forced their hand to fire Hinkie and bring Colangelo is a public enemy #1 in sixers land .

« Reply #57 on: August 23, 2020, 04:48:08 PM »

Offline hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 2700
Here's what is worst for Sixers fans IMO.

Their roster, as currently constructed, cannot contend.  The pieces are dreadfully expensive and do not fit together, they're cap-locked, they're out of premium draft assets, and Harris and Horford will be VERY hard to move.  Their only way to raise their ceiling is to win a major trade of either Simmons or Embiid. 

And you have Elton Brand making that decision. 

That's the biggest blow to me.  If I'm a Sixers fan, I'm very aware of the shake-up required to fix the team and I have no confidence that the man in charge can do it.

Precisely this. Brand should be fired along with Brown. Get someone new in there to make these critical decisions going forward.

« Reply #58 on: August 23, 2020, 04:48:35 PM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion
I think sixers has the right idea with Hinkie but they / him failed to get correct advise on how to pretend that they are not trying to lose. For instance lakers were trying to lose but were also spending a third Of their cap on Kobe and his farewell tour. He shot them out of games most night since he was taking 25 shots a night at very low efficiency.
On the other hand Hinkie and sixers owners were going about meeting their cap floor in a sleazy way:
They would be at 40% of cap till trading deadline then acquire a bunch of overpaid expiring contracts to meet the 90% floor and get second rounders in the process. Doing this was not against the rules and was actually smart but it was depraving some nba free agents of deserved contracts and were hurting relationships between owners and players union.
Now Adam silver who forced their hand to fire Hinkie and bring Colangelo is a public enemy #1 in sixers land .
Philly should've brought back AI for a farewell tour
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)

« Reply #59 on: August 23, 2020, 04:54:17 PM »

Offline Atzar

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 1666

The thing that Sixers fans don't seem to realize is that Silver wasn't just a renegade agent who randomly decided to blow up their rebuild.  They were taking money out of the pockets of 29 other p---ed off billionaires, lol.  Those billionaires are why Silver did what he did. 

That was what Hinkie's ouster was really about.  It was a nice strategy for one of the fantasy draft leagues this site occasionally runs, but for real world basketball, it makes too many enemies.