Poll

What sucks worst for Philly fans?

Could’ve had Tatum and now he’s lighting you up
27 (48.2%)
You were all proud about “stealing” Horford and now he’s doing nothing for you (and oh yeh you have him under a big contract for a few years)
14 (25%)
Gave up on Fultz and now he’s playing pretty well and winning playoff games and you’re not
5 (8.9%)
Your coach has a wicked Boston accent
4 (7.1%)
Other (do tell)
6 (10.7%)

Total Members Voted: 56

Author Topic: What Sucks Worst for Sixers Fans? (Poll)  (Read 9360 times)

Re: What Sucks Worst for Sixers Fans? (Poll)
« Reply #30 on: August 21, 2020, 10:57:09 AM »

Offline Redz

• Punner
  • Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 3766
  • Yup
The LibertyBallers' fanposts are all in complete meltdown, so it might be harder to narrow it down to just one specific thing. There are posts demanding they trade Embiid, trade Horford (one idea was Horford + a 1st for Hayward + a 1st, made me laugh out loud), trade Simmons, basically trade everyone. They're also coming for the head of Brand and Brown. There is absolutely no faith in their team from the fans it seems. Bad place to be.

One thing that I've noted as being omitted from basically all the posts is mention of them gifting us Tatum ;D

Been very entertaining reading their rants along with the folks at Lakersground, makes me feel better about our team at least  :laugh:

I'm not at all like this with real life stuff, but I do particularly enjoy Sixers fans suffering. It's great that they have so many painful things to choose from.
Yup

« Reply #31 on: August 21, 2020, 12:27:14 PM »

Offline td450

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 254
I mean they never actually had a shot at Tatum The c's had the number one pick, wanted Tatum, and trade the 1  because they knew he'd be available at 3.

Yes, but "because they knew he'd be available at 3" wasn't an enforceable commitment. They could have taken him.

Consider if they just used common sense and taken Tatum and not signed Harris and Horford. They also picked Bridges just in front of SGA in 2018. World dominance was dangling there right in front of them, and they failed at every turn.

« Reply #32 on: August 21, 2020, 12:29:23 PM »

Offline Donoghus

• Global Moderator
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 1615
  • What a Pub Should Be
Will be interesting to see how "The Process" folks move the goalposts on this one after the Sixers flame out again.   It's gotta be Brown and/or Simmons injury excuse, right?

2010 CB Historical Draft - Best Overall Team

« Reply #33 on: August 21, 2020, 01:09:53 PM »

Offline keevsnick

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 549
I mean they never actually had a shot at Tatum The c's had the number one pick, wanted Tatum, and trade the 1  because they knew he'd be available at 3.

Yes, but "because they knew he'd be available at 3" wasn't an enforceable commitment. They could have taken him.

Consider if they just used common sense and taken Tatum and not signed Harris and Horford. They also picked Bridges just in front of SGA in 2018. World dominance was dangling there right in front of them, and they failed at every turn.

The point is it was never actually up to them. The moment the Celtics won the lottery that year they were in control. In order for Phili to get Tatum Ainge had to make a mistake, either by selecting Fultz #1, or by misreading phili's intentions and trading them #1. Given that Ainge almost never loses a trade I just don't think there's anyway he makes that trade if he doesn't 100% know he's getting his guy.

So I don't really blame Philli for Tatum at all, especially since at the time the overwhelming consensus had Fultz as the #1 guy. And as for SGA ten teams (actually eleven, because Charlotte traded him) passed on him, I mean sure he would have been great for them but second guessing draft picks is a crap shoot.

I think honestly the Tobias Harris trade overpay, compounded by the contract overpay, is a far more grievous mistake. They traded PHI-20 and MIA-21 firsts, Landry Shamet who they had just used a first (#26 in 2018) on along with Detroit 21 and 23 seconds (looking like those could be low 30's). That's arguably 4 first round picks of value. AND THEN they maxed him last off season and he is still owed 147 dollars over the next 4 years. That's a crippling set of moves right there, it should be a poll option. 

That's probably followed by the Horford contract, if for no other reason then giving a 33 year old center a 4 year deal is a bad idea especially when you already have a center. I mean how much better would this team look if they just gave that money to Malcolm Brogdon?

These deals were questionable at the time, and unlike missing on a draft pick have locked them in money wise in a way that's gonna be almost impossible to recover from.
« Last Edit: August 21, 2020, 01:18:40 PM by keevsnick »

« Reply #34 on: August 22, 2020, 03:12:48 AM »

Offline CelticsElite

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 789
Imagine how bad that Horford contract will look in 2 years. Lol. They overpaid horford Because they thought he would get them over the hunp this year. The only thing that happened was a rapid decline of performance from horford and mismatching team fit for him

The unloading of horfords contract (if possible) will be interesting and funny to watch.

« Reply #35 on: August 22, 2020, 03:14:36 AM »

Offline CelticsElite

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 789

The point is it was never actually up to them. The moment the Celtics won the lottery that year they were in control. In order for Phili to get Tatum Ainge had to make a mistake, either by selecting Fultz #1, or by misreading phili's intentions and trading them #1. Given that Ainge almost never loses a trade I just don't think there's anyway he makes that trade if he doesn't 100% know he's getting his guy.

So I don't really blame Philli for Tatum at all, especially since at the time the overwhelming consensus had Fultz as the #1 guy. And as for SGA ten teams (actually eleven, because Charlotte traded him) passed on him, I mean sure he would have been great for them but second guessing draft picks is a crap shoot.

I think honestly the Tobias Harris trade overpay, compounded by the contract overpay, is a far more grievous mistake. They traded PHI-20 and MIA-21 firsts, Landry Shamet who they had just used a first (#26 in 2018) on along with Detroit 21 and 23 seconds (looking like those could be low 30's). That's arguably 4 first round picks of value. AND THEN they maxed him last off season and he is still owed 147 dollars over the next 4 years. That's a crippling set of moves right there, it should be a poll option. 

That's probably followed by the Horford contract, if for no other reason then giving a 33 year old center a 4 year deal is a bad idea especially when you already have a center. I mean how much better would this team look if they just gave that money to Malcolm Brogdon?

These deals were questionable at the time, and unlike missing on a draft pick have locked them in money wise in a way that's gonna be almost impossible to recover from.
fultz isn’t even that bad anymore, watch the orlando games. The development team for the 76ers is just really bad apparently, or their patience ran out too early on fultz. He’s starting to get back in the game

« Reply #36 on: August 22, 2020, 08:23:43 AM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2968
If Al was basically below avg for a player making his salary ,  think how bad he is going to look eating up that huge cap space and contributing much less.  Alot of money for little on court achievement,  especially for a team that claims they are trying to win a chip.   Good luck moving Harris and Horfords pig contracts , by then Embiids knees will be shot , like Bynum , just a shell.  Cooked before 30

« Reply #37 on: August 22, 2020, 08:46:28 AM »

Offline jambr380

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 1762
  • Everybody knows what's best for you
If Al was basically below avg for a player making his salary ,  think how bad he is going to look eating up that huge cap space and contributing much less.  Alot of money for little on court achievement,  especially for a team that claims they are trying to win a chip.   Good luck moving Harris and Horfords pig contracts , by then Embiids knees will be shot , like Bynum , just a shell.  Cooked before 30

I agree they need to find a way to move Al this offseason, even if it is for an equally bad contract at another position - preferably a guard. With the emergence of Graham, would the Hornets [ironically] move Rozier for Al? Terry would be a much better fit on that Sixers team.

Harris is certainly overpaid, but he is usually a quality player. Frankly, he absolutely killed us last night on the offensive boards. I am not sure what is up with his shooting in this series, but unless they can offload him pretty easily, it's probably best to keep a guy like Tobias on the team and hope Simmons can get him back on track.

« Reply #38 on: August 22, 2020, 09:33:52 AM »

Offline BringToughnessBack

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 941
To be on the brink of having everything and now on the precipice of having nothing. It is a total disgrace how bad they bungled so many things. A great GM could have turned that team into a perennial title winner. I cannot say this does not make me happy though after memories of the blatant endless tanking.

Embiid landing on the Celtics would have been a much better outcome for him.

« Reply #39 on: August 22, 2020, 11:30:43 AM »

Offline Valid

• Brad Stevens
  • Tommy Points: 27

I agree they need to find a way to move Al this offseason, even if it is for an equally bad contract at another position - preferably a guard. With the emergence of Graham, would the Hornets [ironically] move Rozier for Al? Terry would be a much better fit on that Sixers team.

Harris is certainly overpaid, but he is usually a quality player. Frankly, he absolutely killed us last night on the offensive boards. I am not sure what is up with his shooting in this series, but unless they can offload him pretty easily, it's probably best to keep a guy like Tobias on the team and hope Simmons can get him back on track.
Back on track to what? This is Tobias. He is a one-dimensional player who gets badly exposed in the playoffs (remember what happened to him last year against Toronto?). He is a decent scorer and that's pretty much it. He is not even worth remotely close to what the 76ers are paying him.

« Reply #40 on: August 23, 2020, 03:41:56 PM »

Offline Redz

• Punner
  • Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 3766
  • Yup
Getting swept by your ancient rivals for the first time.
Yup

« Reply #41 on: August 23, 2020, 03:50:16 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2968
Probaby ....once upon a time being a Lakers fan  ;D

« Reply #42 on: August 23, 2020, 03:53:54 PM »

Offline bdm860

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 4592
Blowing up a team 1 year removed from going 7 games in the 2nd round of the playoffs to start the process, declaring the process over/a success, then only getting to game 7 of the 2nd round once.

All those years of tanking got them to the same place they were before they started tanking.  ;D
« Last Edit: August 23, 2020, 04:00:48 PM by bdm860 »

After 18 months with their Bigs, the Littles were: 46% less likely to use illegal drugs, 27% less likely to use alcohol, 52% less likely to skip school, 37% less likely to skip a class

« Reply #43 on: August 23, 2020, 03:56:17 PM »

Offline hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 2700
What sucks the most for them is not there as an option. As others said, it was blowing up their team by letting Butler walk and throwing huge money at Harris and Horford. Totally killed a very good team and handicapped them for years to come.

« Reply #44 on: August 23, 2020, 03:57:12 PM »

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1833
I think pre-season I predicted Sixers would play Lakers in the NBA Finals.

Man what was I thinking??