Author Topic: Davis to Lakers trade reportedly in the works for years  (Read 10886 times)

Re: Davis to Lakers trade reportedly in the works for years
« Reply #30 on: November 28, 2018, 05:57:18 AM »

Offline Androslav

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 528
Davis to Celtics is in works last 2 and a half decades.
"The joy of the balling under the rims."

« Reply #31 on: November 28, 2018, 06:47:40 AM »

Offline GreenShooter

• NCE
  • Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 87
Believable, but like I’ve been saying: if NOP can keep him happy past the deadline in February, he will be a Celtic. Honestly, if he’s there through the end of the season, I’d start calling Dell Demps pre-draft to see who they like with our picks as part of the trade.

Once we can legally trade for him, Ainge will put together a Godfather offer. Only issue I could see is matching salaries, but I’m sure they will find a way if the crux is worked out (I feel Yabu’s option was picked up for extra, expiring salary).

Truth is, nobody can match what we can offer without absolutely decimating their roster. Whatever we give up, we’d still have Irving, Hayward, and Horford, and some.
Tatum, Smart and picks will work just fine. Throwing in Williams will probably seal it as done.

I think we’d have to do the trade after July 1, using next year’ssalaries. We’d have to come up with just over $22 million, I think. (“Matching” trades need to be within $5 million at that salary range I think).
I'm sure this has been posted in one of the AD threads but I have a question.
I know that we can't really trade for him, unless Kyrie gets moved or doesn't get re-signed...doubtful, until July 1st. Well, the draft is in June so how will it work if N.O. wants the Sacto, Memphis and LAC picks, if they all convey, included in the trade? Can we draft the players N.O. wants and then trade their rights, along with whatever players, after July 1st? Not sure how that works unless that's how it works.

« Reply #32 on: November 28, 2018, 09:21:21 AM »

Online A Future of Stevens

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 486
Believable, but like I’ve been saying: if NOP can keep him happy past the deadline in February, he will be a Celtic. Honestly, if he’s there through the end of the season, I’d start calling Dell Demps pre-draft to see who they like with our picks as part of the trade.

Once we can legally trade for him, Ainge will put together a Godfather offer. Only issue I could see is matching salaries, but I’m sure they will find a way if the crux is worked out (I feel Yabu’s option was picked up for extra, expiring salary).

Truth is, nobody can match what we can offer without absolutely decimating their roster. Whatever we give up, we’d still have Irving, Hayward, and Horford, and some.
Tatum, Smart and picks will work just fine. Throwing in Williams will probably seal it as done.

I think we’d have to do the trade after July 1, using next year’ssalaries. We’d have to come up with just over $22 million, I think. (“Matching” trades need to be within $5 million at that salary range I think).
I know that we can't really trade for him, unless Kyrie gets moved or doesn't get re-signed...doubtful, until July 1st. Well, the draft is in June so how will it work if N.O. wants the Sacto, Memphis and LAC picks, if they all convey, included in the trade? Can we draft the players N.O. wants and then trade their rights, along with whatever players, after July 1st? Not sure how that works unless that's how it works.

I Believe you can trade players draft rights until you actually sign them. Then their is a period of time where you can't trade them after they are signed. So in this case, say the deal is worked out, the Celtics would basically be drafting for the Pels, and then would hold off on signing them until the trade happens when Kyrie is signed. Correct me if I'm wrong.
#JKJB

« Reply #33 on: November 28, 2018, 09:29:41 AM »

Online BitterJim

• NGT
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1212

I Believe you can trade players draft rights until you actually sign them. Then their is a period of time where you can't trade them after they are signed. So in this case, say the deal is worked out, the Celtics would basically be drafting for the Pels, and then would hold off on signing them until the trade happens when Kyrie is signed. Correct me if I'm wrong.

You can either trade their draft rights (which have no value for salary matching) immediately, or sign them to their rookie scale contract (which can be used to match salary) and trade them after 30 days

In a case like this, we would agree to the deal before the draft/FA, and then execute it when it became legal (like with the KG/Pierce deal)
I'm bitter.

« Reply #34 on: November 28, 2018, 10:11:45 AM »

Online A Future of Stevens

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 486

You can either trade their draft rights (which have no value for salary matching) immediately, or sign them to their rookie scale contract (which can be used to match salary) and trade them after 30 days

In a case like this, we would agree to the deal before the draft/FA, and then execute it when it became legal (like with the KG/Pierce deal)
Cool so I was close haha. Do you know if there is a limit on how long you can hold off on signing them before a trade?
#JKJB

« Reply #35 on: November 28, 2018, 10:17:19 AM »

Offline IDreamCeltics

• NCE
  • Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 140
A cold war with the Lakers is definitely bad for the Celtics.

The thing is salary-wise the only way to make an AD to Boston trade feasable NO would have to accept Horford's contract.  I say this because he seems like a more appealing asset than Hayward.

A trade of Horford, Tatum, Brown and picks works salary-wise for AD and Solomon Hill.

This seems like a competitive offer When compared to say Rondo, Ingram, and Ball or Kuzma plus picks which the Lakers would most likely be willing to offer.

« Reply #36 on: November 28, 2018, 11:30:01 AM »

Online Phantom255x

• Larry Bird
  • Tommy Points: 2923
  • On To Banner 18!
A cold war with the Lakers is definitely bad for the Celtics.

The thing is salary-wise the only way to make an AD to Boston trade feasable NO would have to accept Horford's contract.  I say this because he seems like a more appealing asset than Hayward.

A trade of Horford, Tatum, Brown and picks works salary-wise for AD and Solomon Hill.

This seems like a competitive offer When compared to say Rondo, Ingram, and Ball or Kuzma plus picks which the Lakers would most likely be willing to offer.

I think Smart, Tatum/Brown, Williams + Yabusele works salary wise.

Then of course you add in all the picks and some would have cap holds come July 1 (after the draft is conducted)
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

« Reply #37 on: December 03, 2018, 10:44:21 PM »

Offline SparzWizard

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 990
Not good:

"via The Sportsrush
Report: Lakers could trade Anthony Davis by Dec 15th, Lonzo to be off-loaded in 3 team deal.

According to a report by Woj and Brandon Robinson , Anthony Davis could end up at the Lakers as soon as Dec 15."

https://thesportsrush.com/lonzo-ball-to-be-part-of-anthony-davis-trade-according-to-reports/

#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown)
#JFJM (Just Fire Joe Mazzulla)

« Reply #38 on: December 03, 2018, 10:57:07 PM »

Offline DefenseWinsChamps

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 766
Not good:

"via The Sportsrush
Report: Lakers could trade Anthony Davis by Dec 15th, Lonzo to be off-loaded in 3 team deal.

According to a report by Woj and Brandon Robinson , Anthony Davis could end up at the Lakers as soon as Dec 15."

https://thesportsrush.com/lonzo-ball-to-be-part-of-anthony-davis-trade-according-to-reports/

So obviously clickbait. Don't know any of these guys. They have multiple things wrong with the supposed deal.

I will say that after their great start, I've watched multiple Pelicans games and it looks like they are playing tight with something like this looming over their head.

« Reply #39 on: December 04, 2018, 12:37:21 AM »

Offline rocknrollforyoursoul

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 324
Of course the Lakers have been trying to acquire AD for years. This has been a typical Lakers MO for decades: Trade for star players.
"There are two kinds of people: those who say to God, 'Thy will be done,' and those to whom God says, 'All right, then, have it your way.'"

"You don't have a soul. You are a Soul. You have a body."

— C.S. Lewis

« Reply #40 on: December 04, 2018, 01:39:38 AM »

Offline GreenEnvy

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 1031

A good example of this is the Wiggins for Love trade. They held off signing Wiggins and were able to trade him before the season had begun.

Those salaries (slotted) would count in the trade, whereas future picks do not.

Sucks that Danny’s hands are tied over some stupid CBA rule. Had he been able to trade for him this season, we would easily be able to outbid anyone. Like I said previously, we just need New Orleans to keep him past the deadline.
CELTICS 2024

« Reply #41 on: December 04, 2018, 01:59:30 AM »

Offline LilRip

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 391
Trading Horford and Brown and a 1st rounder plus filler gets the job done imo.

I really hate giving up Al but he needs to make salaries work. Between Brown or Tatum, I’d rather give up brown. I think JB will be special someday but you have to give up quality to get quality. The 1st rounder puts the deal over the top imo and NOP will have a hard time saying no to that.
- LilRip

« Reply #42 on: December 04, 2018, 06:29:37 AM »

Offline ederson

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 279
Trading Horford and Brown and a 1st rounder plus filler gets the job done imo.

I really hate giving up Al but he needs to make salaries work. Between Brown or Tatum, I’d rather give up brown. I think JB will be special someday but you have to give up quality to get quality. The 1st rounder puts the deal over the top imo and NOP will have a hard time saying no to that.

I seriously doubt NO starts discussions without Tatum in the offer.

Especially the way JB looks so far. 

« Reply #44 on: December 10, 2018, 01:20:26 AM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2809350-anthony-davis-trade-rumors-pelicans-star-hasnt-even-hinted-at-being-unhappy
Keep saying it. No one wants to listen. The Pels love Davis. Davis loves New Orleans. If he stays with the Pels he gets his supermax. If he gets traded and signed by another team, it cost him upwards of $40-50 million.

Davis isn't going anywhere for 2-3 years at the very least.