Author Topic: 5-0 and cruising  (Read 10669 times)

Re: 5-0 and cruising
« Reply #90 on: November 20, 2023, 10:54:18 AM »

Offline Kernewek

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 265
  • International Superstar
I missed the moral loss (since it was only 2 points and they had a chance to win in the final seconds) to Memphis...are we wrist slitting yet?

Looks like Jaylen had a shocker...is he our pinata for the night or did someone else play even worse?

The loss should have gone on Jrue had it occurred, but I don’t venture into game threads enough to know where the blame was actually being spread.  My guess is Joe or Jaylen, the two usual punching bags.

All wins are good wins in my book, tho.

Honestly not a ton of bashing going on. Blame mildly put on Tatum, deservedly so for his 8 turnovers. Jaylen lumped in with him as both had sorta lazy games.

That's because we won...I'm sure there would be plenty of bashing had we lost. Amazing what 3 extra points can do  :police:

Internally, I'm sure JT will be having a more uncomfortable film session than Jaylen...Jaylen looks like he just missed shots, Jayson turned the ball over 8 times.
Give Memphis some credit for their defensive strategy which was to collapse on JT. They almost pulled off a short-handed win.
It's obviously Mazzula's fault.
Man had always assumed that he was more intelligent than dolphins because he had achieved so much—the wheel, New York, wars and so on—whilst all the dolphins had ever done was muck about in the water having a good time.

But conversely, the dolphins had always believed that they were far more intelligent than man—for precisely the same reasons.

« Reply #91 on: November 20, 2023, 08:41:17 PM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1558
I still want a 3rd big, but I have to say, the bench has started to really find it's groove and they are not just keeping things stable but they are also starting to affect games and help us actually win with some of their performances (Horford, Hauser, Pritchard).

We have a lethal Starting-5 but I think we also have a great 8-man rotation with not too many flaws. Obviously there could be times they are cold shooting but what team is that not true of?
This. The 8-man rotation is fine and as Horford/Hauser/Pritchard continue to find their groove, the starter minutes should come down a bit.
My concern is too many minutes for our starters. I would accept an occasional loss while keeping the first 5 at around 30 minutes per.
I wouldn't. HCA is too important and there's a roster move that would be the way to solve that problem. Frankly, I would rather just play eight than have Joe insert Kornet who is a 4th big, at best. Need a true 3rd big vet on this team.
Is HCA important?  The last 2 seasons there have been 6 series to reach game 7, the road team won 4 of the 6 games.  Boston played in 4 of those series with the home team winning twice and losing twice. Now Boston was the home team in the 2 wins (Philly and Milwaukee), but in the ECF against Miami the road team won game 7 both times.  The other series were Dallas over Phoenix 2 years ago and GS over Sacto last year.
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #92 on: November 20, 2023, 08:53:14 PM »

Online SparzWizard

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 1008
I still want a 3rd big, but I have to say, the bench has started to really find it's groove and they are not just keeping things stable but they are also starting to affect games and help us actually win with some of their performances (Horford, Hauser, Pritchard).

We have a lethal Starting-5 but I think we also have a great 8-man rotation with not too many flaws. Obviously there could be times they are cold shooting but what team is that not true of?
This. The 8-man rotation is fine and as Horford/Hauser/Pritchard continue to find their groove, the starter minutes should come down a bit.
My concern is too many minutes for our starters. I would accept an occasional loss while keeping the first 5 at around 30 minutes per.
I wouldn't. HCA is too important and there's a roster move that would be the way to solve that problem. Frankly, I would rather just play eight than have Joe insert Kornet who is a 4th big, at best. Need a true 3rd big vet on this team.
Is HCA important?  The last 2 seasons there have been 6 series to reach game 7, the road team won 4 of the 6 games.  Boston played in 4 of those series with the home team winning twice and losing twice. Now Boston was the home team in the 2 wins (Philly and Milwaukee), but in the ECF against Miami the road team won game 7 both times.  The other series were Dallas over Phoenix 2 years ago and GS over Sacto last year.

HCA may be important in the NBA Finals (but that's overconfident talk right now) against Denver. But I still wanna prioritize health with this team. All it takes is stealing Games 1 and/or 2 as the road team and the advantaged-team is in trouble. Last year the Celtics were garbage at home anyway, but hope they can improve on the home games while maintaining their road-willed spirits high this season.

#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown)
#JFJM (Just Fire Joe Mazzulla)

« Reply #93 on: November 20, 2023, 08:54:35 PM »

Online green_bballers13

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 322

Home court advantage is not that important. There are countless examples of lower seeds beating higher seeds. Momentum and health are more important.

This team is super talented, so I'm just concerned about health. I want another big just to give Porzingis and Horford more rest before the playoffs.
« Last Edit: November 20, 2023, 09:03:55 PM by green_bballers13 »

« Reply #94 on: November 20, 2023, 09:36:15 PM »

Offline ozgod

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 1392
I missed the moral loss (since it was only 2 points and they had a chance to win in the final seconds) to Memphis...are we wrist slitting yet?

Looks like Jaylen had a shocker...is he our pinata for the night or did someone else play even worse?

The loss should have gone on Jrue had it occurred, but I don’t venture into game threads enough to know where the blame was actually being spread.  My guess is Joe or Jaylen, the two usual punching bags.

All wins are good wins in my book, tho.

Honestly not a ton of bashing going on. Blame mildly put on Tatum, deservedly so for his 8 turnovers. Jaylen lumped in with him as both had sorta lazy games.

That's because we won...I'm sure there would be plenty of bashing had we lost. Amazing what 3 extra points can do  :police:

Internally, I'm sure JT will be having a more uncomfortable film session than Jaylen...Jaylen looks like he just missed shots, Jayson turned the ball over 8 times.

Going to be plenty of bashing going on tonight… I nominate Jaylen and Jrue the co-piñatas for tonight  >:(
Any odd typos are because I suck at typing on an iPhone :D

« Reply #95 on: November 24, 2023, 09:14:21 PM »

Offline ozgod

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 1392
Hit another pothole...guess they don't like waking up early
Any odd typos are because I suck at typing on an iPhone :D