Author Topic: Brandon Ingram Out For Remainder Of The Year With Deep Vein Thrombosis (DVT)  (Read 6419 times)

Offline Fierce1

• NGT
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 121
Looks like the Lakers are officially in the "Dark Ages".

A Laker fan kept telling me how the Celts were irrelevant in the 1990s for missing the playoffs for 6 straight seasons.

Now the Lakers are in that same situation.

Laker fans can thank Jimmy Buss for sinking that Laker ship.

Offline Somebody

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 560
  • STAND FIRM, SAY NO TO VIBE MEN

A Laker fan kept telling me how the Celts were irrelevant in the 1990s for missing the playoffs for 6 straight seasons.

You mean Jeanie
Jaylen Brown for All-NBA

Offline SparzWizard

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 990
Fake news!

^^reply to Fierce1 and Somebody

#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown)
#JFJM (Just Fire Joe Mazzulla)

Offline Fierce1

• NGT
  • Jim Loscutoff

You mean Jeanie

No!

Jimmy Buss took over after Phil Jackson retired in 2011.

What did Jimmy do?

1. He hired Mike Brown instead of Brian Shaw to coach the Lakers.

2. Traded multiple 1st round picks for an old and injured Steve Nash.

3. Acquired Dwight Howard then Dwight left after 1 season in LA.

4. Drafted Julius Randle and D'Angelo Russell then they didn't keep them in LA.

Jeanie Buss only took full control in 2017 after Jimmy was fired.

Offline Fierce1

• NGT
  • Jim Loscutoff
Fake news!

^^reply to Fierce1 and Somebody

Why is it fake news?

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
Wow I was talking with my Lakers friend and his first comment was, "ugh I don't even care anymore. he has no trade value anymore"... like the guy has blood clots which could seriously affect his career and that's your first real thought about all this?? Sad part is though, I'm sure Lebron now feels the same way actually  ::)
Sadly, I see more and more of this type of attitude towards players. They are judged as a monetary entity as well as a basketball player and a person. Not sure when this phenomena began.

Did the advent of reporting player's salaries start this? Did video gaming and fantasy sports, especially money leagues, help to create this attitude? Did the ever increasing costs of being a fan cause it as well?

Not sure of the answers for any of those questions, but I think often, we forget these athletes are people and have their own issues.

I think it sad that any Laker fan would be angry over this because it lowers Ingram's trade value. I can't imagine any Celtic fan was angry over Hayward's contract the day after he got injured last year, which is I think about as equal an example as I can get to relate it.

Yeah, that's really sad to look at things the way your friend does Phantom. Ingram deserves better.

He's actually a really nice guy IRL and passionate about the Lakers. He told me he's just frustrated in general about the Lakers with everything that's going on and he said that Ingram bit in a bit of frustration and felt bad about it afterwards.

There are also Lakers fans who've been upset about Lonzo taking so long to recover but I think now it doesn't matter since they're out of the playoff race.
Good to hear he is a good guy and felt bad about it after he thought about it. You just hate to see anyone with the God given talents of Ingram, not be able to live out their dreams because of something like this, or a bad heart, or cancer, or something like that....even if he is a Laker or, even worse, a Yankee.

Offline Emmette Bryant

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 286
Arm DVT's are somewhat unusual. Usually they form in the legs.

Upper extremity DVT's are usually related to a central line in the chest or an IV in the arm.

Really bad luck. I hope he does okay.

Offline Somebody

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 560
  • STAND FIRM, SAY NO TO VIBE MEN

You mean Jeanie

No!

Jimmy Buss took over after Phil Jackson retired in 2011.

What did Jimmy do?

1. He hired Mike Brown instead of Brian Shaw to coach the Lakers.

2. Traded multiple 1st round picks for an old and injured Steve Nash.

3. Acquired Dwight Howard then Dwight left after 1 season in LA.

4. Drafted Julius Randle and D'Angelo Russell then they didn't keep them in LA.

Jeanie Buss only took full control in 2017 after Jimmy was fired.
Well it's not like she's doing a great job either, which is a great news for us. But good to see Jimmy sink that ship.
Jaylen Brown for All-NBA

Online Neurotic Guy

• Dave Cowens
  • Tommy Points: 2509
Wow I was talking with my Lakers friend and his first comment was, "ugh I don't even care anymore. he has no trade value anymore"... like the guy has blood clots which could seriously affect his career and that's your first real thought about all this?? Sad part is though, I'm sure Lebron now feels the same way actually  ::)
Sadly, I see more and more of this type of attitude towards players. They are judged as a monetary entity as well as a basketball player and a person. Not sure when this phenomena began.

Did the advent of reporting player's salaries start this? Did video gaming and fantasy sports, especially money leagues, help to create this attitude? Did the ever increasing costs of being a fan cause it as well?

Not sure of the answers for any of those questions, but I think often, we forget these athletes are people and have their own issues.

I think it sad that any Laker fan would be angry over this because it lowers Ingram's trade value. I can't imagine any Celtic fan was angry over Hayward's contract the day after he got injured last year, which is I think about as equal an example as I can get to relate it.

Yeah, that's really sad to look at things the way your friend does Phantom. Ingram deserves better.

He's actually a really nice guy IRL and passionate about the Lakers. He told me he's just frustrated in general about the Lakers with everything that's going on and he said that Ingram bit in a bit of frustration and felt bad about it afterwards.

There are also Lakers fans who've been upset about Lonzo taking so long to recover but I think now it doesn't matter since they're out of the playoff race.
Good to hear he is a good guy and felt bad about it after he thought about it. You just hate to see anyone with the God given talents of Ingram, not be able to live out their dreams because of something like this, or a bad heart, or cancer, or something like that....even if he is a Laker or, even worse, a Yankee.
First off, Yankees are not worse than Lakers...  It’s not like your friend said he hopes Ingram dies, or suffers, or loses his career, he just stated a fact — that Lakers have a diminished asset. Ask C’s fans if they’d prefer Ingram alive and well vs ill and gaining a trade advantage, I think we’d all say “healthy Ingram” in a second.  But once the injury happens, it’s pretty natural for the thought to cross one’s mind that the result may have a competitive benefit (or cost, depending on your side). It’s like when Gordon went down, how long did it take for any of us to say “well, there goes the season”, or did we only concern ourselves solely, to the exclusion of any other thought, to Gordon’s health?

Offline ozgod

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 1362
I hope BI gets better soon. Nobody wants to see anyone, let alone a young man just starting his career, suffer through something that might end it prematurely.
Any odd typos are because I suck at typing on an iPhone :D

Online SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2961
I wish him well and fast return to basketball.  Don't want to hear of anyone being sick , but young people it's especially tragic .

Offline Androslav

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 528
I am hoping he will give us a decade of basketball after this setback.
Young dude, talented, doing the thing he loves and knows.

It crossed my mind, how athletes from prior generations dealt with such issues.
Many probably weren't even aware of the risks involved, if they were lucky enough to find out they had DVT.
So, BI, he has that doing for him, to live in this present.
"The joy of the balling under the rims."

Offline coco

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 146
....sad to hear it.

I guess that puts a damper on a AD Laker trade scenario

Offline cltc5

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 445
....sad to hear it.

I guess that puts a damper on a AD Laker trade scenario

YEP.  That’s a big risk along with ball always getting hurt or dealing with his dad.  Celtics can offer some players and picks.

Offline jambr380

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 1756
  • Everybody knows what's best for you
That is a real bummer for Brandon - so young and looks so promising. Hopefully this is just a small obstacle on his way to fulfilling his potential (although, I don't want to see the Lakers win anymore championships!)

As far as a NOP trade goes - obviously this should help the Cs in their quest for AD, but the Pelicans' front office must be thanking their lucky stars right now in not going for the trade at the deadline. I mean, Ingram could go on to be a HOF player, but that would have been disastrous for them in the short term as Ingram was clearly the best asset of the group.