Author Topic: KG, Kobe, and Duncan named finalists for 2020 hall of fame  (Read 1664 times)

KG, Kobe, and Duncan named finalists for 2020 hall of fame
« on: February 15, 2020, 03:06:09 AM »

Offline CelticsElite

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 789
https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/28703620/kobe-bryant-tim-duncan-kevin-garnett-headline-hall-fame-finalists

The star-studded Class of 2020 for the Naismith Memorial Basketball Hall of Fame took one step closer to induction as Tim Duncan, Kevin Garnett and the late Kobe Bryant were all officially named as finalists on Friday.

They were joined by 10-time WNBA All-Star Tamika Catchings of the Indiana Fever, coach Kim Mulkey of three-time women's NCAA champion Baylor, five-time Division II coach of the year Barbara Stevens of Bentley University, four-time NCAA coach of the year Eddie Sutton and former Houston Rockets coach Rudy Tomjanovich, who won two NBA titles.

Re: KG, Kobe, and Duncan named finalists for 2020 hall of fame
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2020, 08:22:40 AM »

Offline Redz

• Punner
  • Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 3766
  • Yup
That'll be a bittersweet day.  I kind of feel bad for KG and Duncan.
Yup

« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2020, 09:22:32 AM »

Online Donoghus

• Global Moderator
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 1616
  • What a Pub Should Be
https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/28703620/kobe-bryant-tim-duncan-kevin-garnett-headline-hall-fame-finalists

The star-studded Class of 2020 for the Naismith Memorial Basketball Hall of Fame took one step closer to induction as Tim Duncan, Kevin Garnett and the late Kobe Bryant were all officially named as finalists on Friday.

They were joined by 10-time WNBA All-Star Tamika Catchings of the Indiana Fever, coach Kim Mulkey of three-time women's NCAA champion Baylor, five-time Division II coach of the year Barbara Stevens of Bentley University, four-time NCAA coach of the year Eddie Sutton and former Houston Rockets coach Rudy Tomjanovich, who won two NBA titles.

A Bentley Falcon shout out!  That's awesome!

That's a real solid Hall of Fame class.

2010 CB Historical Draft - Best Overall Team

« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2020, 10:00:11 AM »

Offline RMO

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 104
How many nominees get in?  I always wondered if Pierce retired a year later because he thought he might not make it in the first time with that loaded field.

« Reply #4 on: February 15, 2020, 10:31:00 AM »

Online johnnygreen

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 298
I don’t think we have seen a more top heavy decorated class since 2009, when Michael Jordan, David Robinson, and John Stockton were inducted. Obviously, the 2018 class was loaded too with Jason Kidd, Steve Nash, Grant Hill, and Ray Allen. However, when you consider team playoff success, the 2018 class falls a little short.

« Reply #5 on: February 15, 2020, 12:52:30 PM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1546
I don't think I like the change to 3 years.  5 seems better to really gauge a career.  I mean those 3 are no brainers, and would be in as soon as first eligible, but that isn't always the case.
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip