Author Topic: New look timberwolves set franchise record 3’s in first game  (Read 2431 times)

New look timberwolves set franchise record 3’s in first game
« on: February 09, 2020, 01:23:35 AM »

Offline CelticsElite

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 789

Re: New look timberwolves set franchise record 3’s in first game
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2020, 03:59:33 AM »

Offline Somebody

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 560
  • STAND FIRM, SAY NO TO VIBE MEN
"B-but KAT is not a winner!" ::) it's amazing how narratives work in sports lol, KAT is one of the best bigs in the league right now and really doesn't have a toxic personality like Kyrie.
Jaylen Brown for All-NBA

« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2020, 04:52:08 AM »

Online ozgod

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 1372
"B-but KAT is not a winner!" ::) it's amazing how narratives work in sports lol, KAT is one of the best bigs in the league right now and really doesn't have a toxic personality like Kyrie.

He's one of the best bigs in the league individually but he's still not a winner (I guess for a game he is I will give you that - was this the first one this year?) :laugh:

I agree he doesn't have a toxic personality, if anything he has a beta personality and is most suited as a support for a team alpha.
Any odd typos are because I suck at typing on an iPhone :D

« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2020, 05:13:25 AM »

Offline LilRip

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 392
It’s funny how more often than not, no ones really a winner until they have a good team around them. But fans and narratives are fickle that way and it’s on the team execs to see thru the BS.
- LilRip

« Reply #4 on: February 09, 2020, 06:19:29 AM »

Offline Somebody

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 560
  • STAND FIRM, SAY NO TO VIBE MEN
He's one of the best bigs in the league individually but he's still not a winner (I guess for a game he is I will give you that - was this the first one this year?) :laugh:

I agree he doesn't have a toxic personality, if anything he has a beta personality and is most suited as a support for a team alpha.
I respectfully disagree with both points. To me KAT's skillset is very much capable of driving a high level offence as long as he has decent pieces around him, and that will win his team plenty of games.

I don't really see him having a beta personality - not having a huge ego doesn't mean that you can't be an alpha. I'm willing to give him a few more seasons before I call him an alpha or beta, the skillset and potential is there for him to be a fringe MVP type of guy who can drive fantastic offences while providing a modicum of defensive value.
Jaylen Brown for All-NBA

« Reply #5 on: February 09, 2020, 07:40:59 AM »

Offline DefenseWinsChamps

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 766

KAT is not a winner. One game. One game. First win in 2020.

Good game. Everyone recognizes that KAT has amazing talent and potential to lead a team to a win. That's not the problem.

« Reply #6 on: February 09, 2020, 07:45:35 AM »

Offline RPGenerate

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 468
Well, if we're willing to overreact after the one game with the Rockets, I guess we can do it with the Timberwolves too.
2023 No Top 75 Fantasy Draft Los Angeles Clippers
PG: Dennis Johnson / Jo Jo White / Stephon Marbury
SG: Sidney Moncrief / World B. Free
SF: Chris Mullin / Ron Artest
PF: Detlef Schrempf / Tom Chambers / Buck Williams
C: Ben Wallace / Andrew Bynum

« Reply #7 on: February 09, 2020, 07:45:47 AM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion

KAT is not a winner. One game. One game.

Good game. Everyone recognizes that KAT has amazing talent and potential to lead a team to a win. That's not the problem.
First game since November. 17 game losing streak.

I generally think it's unfair to blame team performances all on one player, especially on a pretty inept team like Minny, but KAT so far has not been a winner at all
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)

« Reply #8 on: February 09, 2020, 11:59:43 AM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
Kevin Love had the same "alpha/beta personality" and "winner/loser" labels talked about and hurled his way when he was in Minnesota.

Those things turned out to be true. Love is more of a beta or gamma type. And when not on the best player on the planet's team, his game has been that of just chucking up numbers on bad teams and not elevating his team's play.

KAT does seem extremely similar and both were first drafted by the same team.