Author Topic: The Walking Dead  (Read 359506 times)

Re: The Walking Dead
« Reply #1035 on: April 04, 2016, 08:16:21 PM »

Offline TheBig3

• Derrick White
  • Tommy Points: 18
It's someone to Maggie's Left

Negan walks from his right to his left to the victim. Maggie is pointed to right before he says "it", and Glen is way to the right of Maggie (Negan's Left), so Negan would have to point to her and then walk way to the left past Glen and then back to his right to Glen. The timing doesn't fit unless it's just a filming glitch.

« Reply #1036 on: April 04, 2016, 08:20:30 PM »

Offline Donoghus

• Global Moderator
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 1619
  • What a Pub Should Be
Good buildup in the final 15 minutes but the execution at the very end killed me.  They're going to make that the cliffhanger?

The entire 2nd half of the season has been the buildup to Negan and knowing that someone was going to die.  And someone close to most fans hearts.   The episodes got darker & darker towards the finale and was building to this moment.  Like gathering storm clouds. 

I just think it would've been better served to actually see it happening &, ultimately, who got killed.  See the anguish on the faces of the others and the pain.   Then fade to black or something.  Let the fans stew on that all summer.  Rather than build it up but then say, "Hey, we're going to drag it into next season".

Ugh....

2010 CB Historical Draft - Best Overall Team

« Reply #1037 on: April 04, 2016, 09:07:58 PM »

Offline Csfan1984

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 289
GOT cliffhanger is all I thought. Though we feel cheated it gets people more into coming season. And we can dicuss it for more weeks.

« Reply #1038 on: April 04, 2016, 09:36:13 PM »

Offline chambers

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 943
  • Boston Celtics= Championships, nothing less.
Are we sure anyone dies?

Does Negan actually say that one of them has to die?
I thought he said something like 'as punishment, I'm gonna have to beat the hell out of one of you'.

We are expecting someone to die, but maybe he just beats up Darryl or Abraham?

"We are lucky we have a very patient GM that isn't willing to settle for being good and coming close. He wants to win a championship and we have the potential to get there still with our roster and assets."

quoting 'Greg B' on RealGM after 2017 trade deadline.
Read that last line again. One more time.

« Reply #1039 on: April 04, 2016, 10:59:38 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2969
We were under the impression since last season .......THIS was the last season for Walking Dead.

It seems now they are calling it the SEASON finally .......when the Talking Dead last year they were saying THIS was the last season.....

Some where along the line it was decided to extend the season .....I guess

The show,has got lame with us .   

Kinda wish the d just be done with it .

« Reply #1040 on: April 05, 2016, 12:27:42 AM »

Offline Hemingway

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 123
well, Shaq, the comics we the best at the point the show is just getting into.

As for the order of where people were placed for who gets killed, I don't think it matters. No one will be upset over that. And during the eny meeny miny mo thing, it seemed to just to faces a bit randomly.

And yes, I think someone has to die. The saviors made a few references to the fact that they kill one person of a new group they find as part of their policy.

« Reply #1041 on: April 05, 2016, 02:36:31 AM »

Offline kiwiceltic

• Sam Hauser
  • Tommy Points: 16
I'm going with Abraham.
As soon as he and Sasha had that cheesy moment talking about having a child in the motorhome I knew it was all over for him. Then he had another moment with Eugene before he drives off on his lonesome. The writers always give characters scenes like that before they kill them off.

Abraham is also dead in the comics.

The only doubt I have is that Glen is the one killed by Lucille in the comics.... so who knows

« Reply #1042 on: April 05, 2016, 03:43:59 AM »

Offline ImShakHeIsShaq

• NCE
  • Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 804
I'm going with Abraham.
As soon as he and Sasha had that cheesy moment talking about having a child in the motorhome I knew it was all over for him. Then he had another moment with Eugene before he drives off on his lonesome. The writers always give characters scenes like that before they kill them off.

Abraham is also dead in the comics.

The only doubt I have is that Glen is the one killed by Lucille in the comics.... so who knows

I think it's Michonne, I said it as soon as her and rick finally kissed that one of them was as good as dead. I'm pretty sure it won't be rick...

I don't want any of them to die but please let it be one of Abraham/Aaron/Sasha/Eugene. Who I want it to be wasn't there, Morgan or Gabriel (not so much Morgan after that epi).

Whoever it is, Negan called them tough or something, pretty much everyone there I would consider tough and could take a beating like a soldier except for Eugene (maybe Carl). I don't think it's Maggie b/c there would be no joy in beating someone who already looks close to death. I said it's probably Michonne but thinking about it, Saviors might be the type that won't kill the women because their group has a lot of men, I don't see them enjoying a sausage factory for too long.   
It takes me 3hrs to get to Miami and 1hr to get to Orlando... but I *SPIT* on their NBA teams! "Bless God and bless the (Celts)"-Lady GaGa (she said gays but she really meant Celts)

« Reply #1043 on: April 05, 2016, 07:35:07 AM »

Offline Redz

• Punner
  • Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 3766
  • Yup
Good buildup in the final 15 minutes but the execution at the very end killed me.  They're going to make that the cliffhanger?

The entire 2nd half of the season has been the buildup to Negan and knowing that someone was going to die.  And someone close to most fans hearts.   The episodes got darker & darker towards the finale and was building to this moment.  Like gathering storm clouds. 

I just think it would've been better served to actually see it happening &, ultimately, who got killed.  See the anguish on the faces of the others and the pain.   Then fade to black or something.  Let the fans stew on that all summer.  Rather than build it up but then say, "Hey, we're going to drag it into next season".

Ugh....

They may as well have played cheesy game show music during "the decision".
Yup

« Reply #1044 on: April 05, 2016, 07:36:18 AM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
Are we sure anyone dies?

I thought he said something like 'as punishment, I'm gonna have to beat the hell out of one of you'.

He was not using a whiffle bat.   He says taking it like a champ and swung straight down on their their head.  Some one died, they wanted to pull a Jon Snow, moment.

Carl and Rick, I think are safe, because he said he would feed Carl's eye to Rick if they moved or made noise.   This denotes they are safe.

In the comics, SPOILER, Negan does not harm women and children with a code of honor thing.

« Reply #1045 on: April 05, 2016, 09:09:42 AM »

Offline KGs Knee

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 1544
Good grief...this show...ugh.  Seems like it's about run it's course. The show relies too heavily on the remaining original members. But the quality of the show has deteriorated in an effort to keep the core alive.

Also, Rick is the biggest dumbass. Why do these fools follow him?

So what now, Rick and his crew become slaves? And then they try an uprising and all die? The show ends and AMC hopes their new "Fear the Walking Dead" takes off, replacing the original show?

Problem is, I'm not sure the new show is all that good. First season wasn't anything spectacular.

« Reply #1046 on: April 05, 2016, 09:20:39 AM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 10047
Are we sure anyone dies?

He was not using a whiffle bat.   He says taking it like a champ and swung straight down on their their head.  Some one died, they wanted to pull a Jon Snow, moment.

Carl and Rick, I think are safe, because he said he would feed Carl's eye to Rick if they moved or made noise.   This denotes they are safe.

In the comics, SPOILER, Negan does not harm women and children with a code of honor thing.
throwing in a TWD thought process for a megalomaniac like Negan --> if he's looking to instill terror and submission, killing a woman wouldn't make him look tough.  it'd make him look weak.  Ruthless, but weak.  I really think he'd look to take out the biggest person in the group which is easily Abraham.  Glenn is my close-second for who's killed only because he's had a lot of close calls and killing him would add to the group's (specifically Maggie's) suffering and despair. 

« Reply #1047 on: April 05, 2016, 09:26:19 AM »

Offline Donoghus

• Global Moderator
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 1619
  • What a Pub Should Be
Are we sure anyone dies?

throwing in a TWD thought process for a megalomaniac like Negan --> if he's looking to instill terror and submission, killing a woman wouldn't make him look tough.  it'd make him look weak.  Ruthless, but weak.  I really think he'd look to take out the biggest person in the group which is easily Abraham.  Glenn is my close-second for who's killed only because he's had a lot of close calls and killing him would add to the group's (specifically Maggie's) suffering and despair.

I know how the comics say otherwise but I'd also consider the fact that Negan mentioned the one "freebie" after Glenn's reaction when they first were lined up.

Would he still go ahead and kill Glenn after giving the freebie? 

I'm also still perturbed by the fake Glenn death at mid-season.  Would the writers be dumb enough to come back and then kill him for good at the end of the same season?

Some of the writing this season has been pretty atrocious.

2010 CB Historical Draft - Best Overall Team

« Reply #1048 on: April 05, 2016, 10:03:01 AM »

Offline Evantime34

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 764
  • Eagerly Awaiting the Next Fantasy Draft
I feel like this show started off slow then became more enjoyable once the main characters went from surviving due to luck to surviving due to skill.

Watching characters stumble around and get lucky gets boring, but watching characters efficiently dispatch zombies and enemies is fun. So while I don't enjoy seeing Rick and the survivor's get owned like they did by the Saviors, I don't mind a new big challenge arising for them to deal with.

So what now, Rick and his crew become slaves? And then they try an uprising and all die?
I think next season will start out as them going back to Alexandria then giving half of their stuff to the Saviors. While they seem to be compliant, I think they will align themselves with the dudes with body armor and eventually either escape the Saviors or defeat them.

As to who is dead, I think it will be Glenn, Daryl, Abraham or Maggie. 3 of those characters are dead by that point in the comic and Daryl never existed in the comics.
DKC:  Rockets
CB Draft: Memphis Grizz
Players: Klay Thompson, Jabari Parker, Aaron Gordon
Next 3 picks: 4.14, 4.15, 4.19

« Reply #1049 on: April 05, 2016, 11:28:20 AM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 10047
I feel like this show started off slow then became more enjoyable once the main characters went from surviving due to luck to surviving due to skill.

Watching characters stumble around and get lucky gets boring, but watching characters efficiently dispatch zombies and enemies is fun. So while I don't enjoy seeing Rick and the survivor's get owned like they did by the Saviors, I don't mind a new big challenge arising for them to deal with.

So what now, Rick and his crew become slaves? And then they try an uprising and all die?
I think next season will start out as them going back to Alexandria then giving half of their stuff to the Saviors. While they seem to be compliant, I think they will align themselves with the dudes with body armor and eventually either escape the Saviors or defeat them.

As to who is dead, I think it will be Glenn, Daryl, Abraham or Maggie. 3 of those characters are dead by that point in the comic and Daryl never existed in the comics.
glad I haven't read the comic.  think I'd be really PO'ed if I kept seeing characters I get attached to getting killed off constantly.