Author Topic: The Walking Dead  (Read 359480 times)

Re: The Walking Dead
« Reply #990 on: March 08, 2016, 11:47:56 AM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 10047
just had to know that nothing good was going to come from Maggie insisting on going along and Carol insisting she stay with Maggie. 

figuring this will lead to one of Maggie, Carol or Glenn getting killed off before the end of this season.

What are the chances it will be Carol, and that would trigger Morgan to decide to kill again? Maybe? Maybe not?

I just don't see Glenn dying. I think he survived long enough, and too many close calls to die.

After they treated Glenn's first "death", it'd be pretty dumb to come back a half season later and do it for real.   

Someone's definitely getting killed, though.  This is where I think they'll stray from the comic book again;  same method but different character (without delving into who).
Not that I want any of those 3 to be killed but since they seem to the be the focus of this episode, I'm leaning towards thinking it's likely one of those 3 that bite it.  Could be that kid that's becoming Glenn's protege (name escapes me right now). 

agree on the heavy sleeper bit.  how does someone not wake up with light in the face from the door opening much less someone hovering over them that's not exactly being silent?

Just don't kill Daryl & I'll be happy.

It wouldn't shock me.  [Guy who died in the comic] was arguably the most well-liked character in the comic at the time of his death.  Darryl might make sense to fill that role, especially since he's sort of taken a backseat this season.

I'm predicting Carol, though.  All that stuff about her being the "mother" of the group would be a huge emotional blow to Alexandria.

Yeah, nothing would shock me.  I'd just be peeved if it was Daryl.
the whole 'mother' thing was why I included Carol in with that killing-off thought.  just as someone's built up to be a wonderful part of the community -- they're killed off. 

Can't see it being Daryl.  the uproar over Glenn possibly being dead would be nothing compared to the hysteria that would be created by offing Daryl.   Can't see him, Rick or Michonne biting the dust anytime in the near (or not so near) future.  The 3 toughest customers in the cast -- just hard to see how they kill one of those off and explain the survival of anyone else (well, maybe Rick saving Karl but that's about it).

« Reply #991 on: March 08, 2016, 11:49:49 AM »

Offline Donoghus

• Global Moderator
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 1619
  • What a Pub Should Be
just had to know that nothing good was going to come from Maggie insisting on going along and Carol insisting she stay with Maggie. 

figuring this will lead to one of Maggie, Carol or Glenn getting killed off before the end of this season.

What are the chances it will be Carol, and that would trigger Morgan to decide to kill again? Maybe? Maybe not?

I just don't see Glenn dying. I think he survived long enough, and too many close calls to die.

After they treated Glenn's first "death", it'd be pretty dumb to come back a half season later and do it for real.   

Someone's definitely getting killed, though.  This is where I think they'll stray from the comic book again;  same method but different character (without delving into who).
Not that I want any of those 3 to be killed but since they seem to the be the focus of this episode, I'm leaning towards thinking it's likely one of those 3 that bite it.  Could be that kid that's becoming Glenn's protege (name escapes me right now). 

agree on the heavy sleeper bit.  how does someone not wake up with light in the face from the door opening much less someone hovering over them that's not exactly being silent?

It wouldn't shock me.  [Guy who died in the comic] was arguably the most well-liked character in the comic at the time of his death.  Darryl might make sense to fill that role, especially since he's sort of taken a backseat this season.

I'm predicting Carol, though.  All that stuff about her being the "mother" of the group would be a huge emotional blow to Alexandria.

the whole 'mother' thing was why I included Carol in with that killing-off thought.  just as someone's built up to be a wonderful part of the community -- they're killed off. 

Can't see it being Daryl.  the uproar over Glenn possibly being dead would be nothing compared to the hysteria that would be created by offing Daryl.   Can't see him, Rick or Michonne biting the dust anytime in the near (or not so near) future.  The 3 toughest customers in the cast -- just hard to see how they kill one of those off and explain the survival of anyone else (well, maybe Rick saving Karl but that's about it).

I could see Michonne.  The Rick "kiss of death".  Every woman he gets involved with ends up dying.

2010 CB Historical Draft - Best Overall Team

« Reply #992 on: March 08, 2016, 11:52:13 AM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25627
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley

I could see Michonne.  The Rick "kiss of death".  Every woman he gets involved with ends up dying.

Yeah, the only two I can't see dying are Rick and Carl. Carl sucks, but Kirkman loves his character.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #993 on: March 10, 2016, 06:33:38 PM »

Offline KGs Knee

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 1544
I find it very interesting the show has decided to really play up the romance angle lately.  I mean, sure, it makes sense that it would seem natural for romances to brew when you're (somewhat) safe behind walls and are establishing a community.  But I also think it means there are going to be some 'emotional' deaths to at least one or two major characters coming soon.

Carol's time might be up.  But Maggie dying would be even more traumatic.  Although, knowing how the show loves to throw curveballs, it'll probably be someone else.

Rick, Carl, Daryl, Michonne, and Glenn all seem 'teflon', there is no near death situation they can't seem to survive.

Also, I loved that line from the 'house on the hill' guy, Rick is one badass dude, even if he is stupid, and has all his plans end up in ruins.

« Reply #994 on: March 10, 2016, 07:18:05 PM »

Offline Redz

• Punner
  • Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 3766
  • Yup
I find it very interesting the show has decided to really play up the romance angle lately.  I mean, sure, it makes sense that it would seem natural for romances to brew when you're (somewhat) safe behind walls and are establishing a community.  But I also think it means there are going to be some 'emotional' deaths to at least one or two major characters coming soon.

Carol's time might be up.  But Maggie dying would be even more traumatic.  Although, knowing how the show loves to throw curveballs, it'll probably be someone else.

Rick, Carl, Daryl, Michonne, and Glenn all seem 'teflon', there is no near death situation they can't seem to survive.

Also, I loved that line from the 'house on the hill' guy, Rick is one badass dude, even if he is stupid, and has all his plans end up in ruins.

I'm down with Maggie biting it, but only if we get to see the elusive zombaby. 

I liked their little nod to sitcom with Eugene's untimely cookie praise.
Yup

« Reply #995 on: March 13, 2016, 09:52:43 PM »

Online jpotter33

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2933
I'm calling it right now: Maggie dies in childbirth, similar to how she had to basically kill Lori to save the baby.

By the way, what's with all of the flip-flops this season? Morgan first, and now Carol went from Charlie Manson crazy to poor little housewife afraid of killing again.

« Reply #996 on: March 13, 2016, 10:59:35 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2969
Great fight scene .......women were intense .

Luv this episode.

« Reply #997 on: March 14, 2016, 04:06:43 AM »

Offline Hemingway

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 123
yeah great episode. I kind of wish that I never read the comic because I always think I know what will happen now. But good for the show to keep the same basic storyline but make enough changes that it's not all the same.

« Reply #998 on: March 14, 2016, 08:04:38 PM »

Offline Redz

• Punner
  • Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Yup
The parallel lined bonding with the captors was getting a little tiresome, but the payoff was great.  Key line "you think you're the good guys, but you're not."  The main group has definitely crossed the line of morality to do what they need to thrive now.
Yup

« Reply #999 on: March 15, 2016, 08:30:24 AM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach

I'm down with Maggie biting it, but only if we get to see the elusive zombaby. 

I liked their little nod to sitcom with Eugene's untimely cookie praise.
I'd prefer they keep Maggie around -- I like her character with Glenn. 

zombaby would be interesting -- stillborn that comes out a zombie would make for one helluva surprise.  maybe dies during childbirth itself to explain why it didn't kill Maggie from the inside.

« Reply #1000 on: March 15, 2016, 09:20:28 AM »

Offline Donoghus

• Global Moderator
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 1619
  • What a Pub Should Be
If you want to see zombie babies, check out Dawn of the Dead. Great one there.

This show is getting dark and it definitely is going in the direction of getting darker once Negan rears his head.  Lot of suspense right now. Basically you know someone or someones are going to die but we just don't know who or when.  It's like a dark cloud hanging over things right now.

2010 CB Historical Draft - Best Overall Team

« Reply #1001 on: March 21, 2016, 02:49:24 PM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
kind of bummed about Denise being given a death wish that last episode.  was hoping she'd stick around a bit.  just from the start of the episode you had to know she wouldn't be there at the end.

« Reply #1002 on: March 21, 2016, 11:18:32 PM »

Offline Redz

• Punner
  • Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Yup
If you want to see zombie babies, check out Dawn of the Dead. Great one there.

This show is getting dark and it definitely is going in the direction of getting darker once Negan rears his head.  Lot of suspense right now. Basically you know someone or someones are going to die but we just don't know who or when.  It's like a dark cloud hanging over things right now.

I thought we were gonna see one when Denise ent snooping around in the pharmacy and find a crib.
Yup

« Reply #1003 on: March 27, 2016, 10:40:31 PM »

Offline Yoki_IsTheName

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1304
  • I'm a Paul Heyman guy.
The zom-baby is looking real.

Also, is Daryl a goner now? Darn it. Does this group haven't realized it till now that leaving on your own would end up dragging a few people with you, and in turn, putting everyone in danger?
2019 CStrong Historical Draft 2000s OKC Thunder.
PG: Jrue Holiday / Isaiah Thomas / Larry Hughes
SG: Paul George / Aaron McKie / Bradley Beal
SF: Paul Pierce / Tayshaun Prince / Brian Scalabrine
PF: LaMarcus Aldridge / Shareef Abdur-Raheem / Ben Simmons
C: Jermaine O'neal / Ben Wallace

« Reply #1004 on: March 27, 2016, 10:45:36 PM »

Offline Redz

• Punner
  • Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell