Author Topic: The Walking Dead  (Read 359501 times)

Re: The Walking Dead
« Reply #900 on: October 26, 2015, 02:13:18 PM »

Offline guava_wrench

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 777
I figured it out. Glenn is alive.

While they eat the other idiot, glen will drag himself under the dumpster! The walkers won't be able to reach him there and then something will distract them to draw them away. Bam! Mystery solved.
that's the only thing I could figure to buy him time but dumpsters are usually either on the ground or just have enough room underneath to fit wheels to roll on.

Stylistically, they also made it way too ambiguous looking to not be trying to fool us.

« Reply #901 on: October 26, 2015, 03:30:13 PM »

Offline jpotter33

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2933
I'm not 100 percent sure Glen is dead yet.

The film looked pretty convincing though.

There are new villains yet to debute ...ones in comics .....think his demise will come latter by the hand of one of these guys.    Even more epic than the dumpster sene.

Glen death has been put off for a while now .

I 'm not understanding how Rick is going to live ...didn't he not get bit in the hand .....that was confusing .....according to the rules of Zombee turning , this should trigger his demise ......unless

He chops his own hand/ arm  off ......but hasn't he ALREADY waited too LATE for that to work ?

I got a feeling the entire  cast...save the baby ... is gonna get totally butchered before the show ends.
I thought Rick stabbed one of the walkers and the knife broke so that it cut him.

Looks like the machete that was stuck in the walker sliced Rick when he went in to kill it. 

Brings up a couple of interesting questions; 

-Did Rick get zombie blood in him when he sliced himself on the machete?

-Is this going to lead down a path that is seen in the comics that Shaqattack is alluding to?

Realistically, the show almost has to work on the premise that it is spread only through saliva. Otherwise, all of the cast would already be zombified if it was transmittable through zombie blood, because they've all been drenched in zombie blood at one time or another, which is almost absurd to think that they wouldn't have contracted it with that much exposure.

« Reply #902 on: October 26, 2015, 10:45:58 PM »

Offline ImShakHeIsShaq

• NCE
  • Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 804
I would believe Glenn was dead if they didn't make the guy fall on top of him AND if he was on The Talking Dead after it saying how he enjoyed the run.
It takes me 3hrs to get to Miami and 1hr to get to Orlando... but I *SPIT* on their NBA teams! "Bless God and bless the (Celts)"-Lady GaGa (she said gays but she really meant Celts)

« Reply #903 on: October 26, 2015, 10:57:57 PM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 10047
I figured it out. Glenn is alive.

While they eat the other idiot, glen will drag himself under the dumpster! The walkers won't be able to reach him there and then something will distract them to draw them away. Bam! Mystery solved.
that's the only thing I could figure to buy him time but dumpsters are usually either on the ground or just have enough room underneath to fit wheels to roll on.

Stylistically, they also made it way too ambiguous looking to not be trying to fool us.
agreed - that's why I'm holding onto my slim hopes that he's somehow alive and not coming back as a walker that Maggie will be forced to kill later in the season.  she's already lost Herschel and Beth to really crappy circumstances.  just losing Glenn would be horrible enough but I can see the writers forcing her to kill Glenn if they make him a walker.

« Reply #904 on: October 26, 2015, 10:58:53 PM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
I would believe Glenn was dead if they didn't make the guy fall on top of him AND if he was on The Talking Dead after it saying how he enjoyed the run.
yeah, they didn't show Nicholas on the ground.  But, at that point he's dead.  is he still a munchy for the walkers?

« Reply #905 on: October 27, 2015, 12:53:14 AM »

Offline fairweatherfan

• Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 2365
  • Be the posts you wish to see in the world.
Glenn's dead, holy cow.  Or at least it would be some terrible writing to save him from that situation.  The show's had some crazy stuff happen before, but flat on your back in a crowd of thousands of zombies pulling guts out of your general vicinity would be pretty far out there in this series. 

I'll bet he shows up as a zombie though, it's too good of an opportunity to pass up and they already foreshadowed Maggie preparing to kill a zombie she thought was him.

« Reply #906 on: October 27, 2015, 07:12:04 AM »

Offline Redz

• Punner
  • Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 3766
  • Yup
yeah, they didn't show Nicholas on the ground.  But, at that point he's dead.  is he still a munchy for the walkers?

That reminded me of this: http://youtu.be/ru-uQQ7vsGo
Yup

« Reply #907 on: October 27, 2015, 08:46:39 AM »

Offline KGs Knee

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 1544
Glenn's dead, holy cow.  Or at least it would be some terrible writing to save him from that situation.  The show's had some crazy stuff happen before, but flat on your back in a crowd of thousands of zombies pulling guts out of your general vicinity would be pretty far out there in this series. 

I'll bet he shows up as a zombie though, it's too good of an opportunity to pass up and they already foreshadowed Maggie preparing to kill a zombie she thought was him.

It really would have to be terrible writing to have Glenn live through this. As it is, the way Glenn died is dripping with irony. He could have, and maybe should have, killed Nicolas. But instead he let him live, and it got him killed. But that khan been the theme this season with the Alexandrian's. It's not safe to be around that many people who can't defend themselves.

And I absolutely hate they killed off Glenn. The true 'core' is now down to only Rick, Carl, Daryl, and Carol. Maggie and Michone are now, and have been for a while, core members, but neither is actually one of the original cast. But this show has demonstrated they will every so often give us truly gut wrenching tragedy. It comes with the territory for this type of show. But I think losing Glenn as a character was a mistake. The Glenn/Maggie story line served to keep up the hope there was something g left living for in the post-apocalyptic world. And it's a double whammy, because Glenn was easily ghe best 'person' of the main group.

« Reply #908 on: October 27, 2015, 09:18:51 AM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2969
I don't know just ....guessing ...LOL.....

Maybe Glenn jumps up.....he is quick ya know

Gets in the dumpster...

« Reply #909 on: October 27, 2015, 09:24:28 AM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25627
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
I agree that it's bad writing if Glen lives, especially the way the scene was shot.  There's zero chance he would survive with that many walkers chewing on anything alive (or recently dead) in the vicinity.

That said...  I won't be disappointed if he's alive.  I can forgive a little deus ex machina now and then, especially with so few likable cast members.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #910 on: October 27, 2015, 10:22:19 AM »

Offline Yoki_IsTheName

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1304
  • I'm a Paul Heyman guy.
I agree that it's bad writing if Glen lives, especially the way the scene was shot.  There's zero chance he would survive with that many walkers chewing on anything alive (or recently dead) in the vicinity.

That said...  I won't be disappointed if he's alive.  I can forgive a little deus ex machina now and then, especially with so few likable cast members.

If he comes out unscathed, I'd be upset with the writing. I'm working on this assumption that Glenn is already dead this season, whether or not he survives this ordeal or not, he's a goner.

With the way they shot the whole thing, and with Daryl, Rick, Sasha and Abraham being on the other side, the only logical reason I could think of that could distract this horde is if a mystery character would eventually show up and do the distracting. Which would be both good, but at the same time, as a fellow poster mentioned, would be one of things that would make you say "I can't take threats to main characters seriously" from now.

Here's what I think would happen.

He gets out, but with bites. Knowing he's going down at any time, he'll find his way to Alexandria to see Maggie one last time, but he'll fail as the infection will kill him. As this is happening, the group will try to find him, and they eventually will, as a walker.

Maggie then breaks down. And she's going to have to put her down, because, she has to, right? But seeming as they already did this with Daryl and Merle, the writers would go a different path. Maggie would "attempt" to put Walker Glenn down, but instead she'll just let him eat her, as she has lost everything in her life. And someone will have to put Glenn down, and Maggie, bitten and mortally wounded, would have to be mercy killed as well.
2019 CStrong Historical Draft 2000s OKC Thunder.
PG: Jrue Holiday / Isaiah Thomas / Larry Hughes
SG: Paul George / Aaron McKie / Bradley Beal
SF: Paul Pierce / Tayshaun Prince / Brian Scalabrine
PF: LaMarcus Aldridge / Shareef Abdur-Raheem / Ben Simmons
C: Jermaine O'neal / Ben Wallace

« Reply #911 on: October 27, 2015, 10:28:37 AM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach

If he comes out unscathed, I'd be upset with the writing. I'm working on this assumption that Glenn is already dead this season, whether or not he survives this ordeal or not, he's a goner.

With the way they shot the whole thing, and with Daryl, Rick, Sasha and Abraham being on the other side, the only logical reason I could think of that could distract this horde is if a mystery character would eventually show up and do the distracting. Which would be both good, but at the same time, as a fellow poster mentioned, would be one of things that would make you say "I can't take threats to main characters seriously" from now.

Here's what I think would happen.

He gets out, but with bites. Knowing he's going down at any time, he'll find his way to Alexandria to see Maggie one last time, but he'll fail as the infection will kill him. As this is happening, the group will try to find him, and they eventually will, as a walker.

Maggie then breaks down. And she's going to have to put her down, because, she has to, right? But seeming as they already did this with Daryl and Merle, the writers would go a different path. Maggie would "attempt" to put Walker Glenn down, but instead she'll just let him eat her, as she has lost everything in her life. And someone will have to put Glenn down, and Maggie, bitten and mortally wounded, would have to be mercy killed as well.
certainly a possibility.  a crappy one, but a possibility none-the-less.  I was postulating above that having her have to kill Glenn after watching her father die in front of her and finding her sister freshly killed would be enough to make her snap if she had to also kill Glenn.  allowing herself to be bitten by Glenn seems a bit far for her to go but at that point, I'm sure she'd have to snap in some manner.

« Reply #912 on: October 27, 2015, 10:38:58 AM »

Offline Evantime34

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 764
  • Eagerly Awaiting the Next Fantasy Draft

Honestly, I care a lot more about getting to watch one of my favorite characters than whether I can take threats to main characters credible anymore.
DKC:  Rockets
CB Draft: Memphis Grizz
Players: Klay Thompson, Jabari Parker, Aaron Gordon
Next 3 picks: 4.14, 4.15, 4.19

« Reply #913 on: October 27, 2015, 11:12:26 AM »

Offline Donoghus

• Global Moderator
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 1619
  • What a Pub Should Be

Honestly, I care a lot more about getting to watch one of my favorite characters than whether I can take threats to main characters credible anymore.

The way this show is designed, I'm actually the opposite when it comes to TWD.  I'm fine watching main characters get killed off here.  Keeps the suspense going and is a mix from traditional television.   It also shows the almost "hopelessness" facing these people.

Bringing Glenn back now after that would bring things down a few notches for me.

2010 CB Historical Draft - Best Overall Team

« Reply #914 on: October 27, 2015, 11:14:10 AM »

Offline Hemingway

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 123
The more I think about it, the more it bugs me. It's hard to really criticize the show because it's so good and I really have no objections to the writing or anything so far. But if Glen got out at this point it would seem a little silly and probably lessen the show. 2 things. first they really made a point of showing us that there was no way out and walkers everywhere. Secondly glan is in agony when the guys are getting ripped out. I just don't buy that he would look like that if it were nicks guts getting eaten and then also be able to snap out of it and suddenly jump into the dumpster or climb up the fire escape.

So it's weird both ways. If they wanted to have Glen live, why show it so final and definitive looking? But if they want him to be dead why use that angle and set it up where everyone will think less of the show for it? It seems like the have put themselves into a lose-lose position. The only thing I can think of is maybe Glen could get out only to get killed very soon thereafter.