Author Topic: The Walking Dead  (Read 359477 times)

Re: The Walking Dead
« Reply #885 on: October 26, 2015, 12:46:23 AM »

Offline MBunge

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 471
OH my

The kill off of the old

Cast has begun.....

Hope somebody survives

A couple of years ago, one of the producers talked about "season 10" and "season 12."  Even if that was the plan, this makes me doubt it.  I like Eugene and Tara and company but we're now down to Rick, Carl, Daryl, Carol and Maggie.  Some might throw Michonne in there but as popular as she is, I don't think she's as emotionally central to the story, which is how these original characters survive the end of the world.  With Glen gone, we're really down to the nub.  I don't see how they could go another six years without losing connection with the audience.  I could see two or three, but six?

I mean, the Wolves or reestablishing the zombie threat could have completely sustained the first half of this season individually.  Burning through them both at the same time is bold.  It's like the anti-Farm.

It's also fascinating how after putting Rick in a questionable light in parts of season 5, they really seem to be back on his side.  If Glen and Michonne had just followed his orders...

Mike

« Reply #886 on: October 26, 2015, 01:12:04 AM »

Offline guava_wrench

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 777
But the writers said "he will be back at some capacity (I'm paraphrasing)", so we'll see.
flashbacks perhaps.  the view doesn't show Nicholas on top of him and that's a pretty low level shot.  even if it's Nicholas being ripped apart, Glenn would have to get out from under him while surrounded by hundreds of the dead.  he's screaming too so I think the possibility of him playing possum under Nicholas is not happening.   can't imagine there'd be enough of him left to be a walker -- more likely a 'crawler' than a walker
I have to agree.

That was a lot of zombies. Even if the other guy is on top, they will completely devour him and still be hungry. There won't be enough Nick left to cover Glen. And Glen's head and neck aren't covered. Walkers like necks.

Still, if he was being eaten at that moment, I don't see he continuing the yelling for that long. Considering the organs flailing around, I would have expected him to be spitting up blood at least. So it seems they were showing him being killed yet, but I can't accept that they won't eat him without some distraction pulling the zombies away. I'm not sure though what distraction could make zombies stop eating. That's their favorite thing.

« Reply #887 on: October 26, 2015, 03:59:05 AM »

Offline Hemingway

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 123
I too am unsure if glen is dead yet. My first thought when we see Glen on the ground is that it is nicholas getting eaten on top of him because of the angle it looks this way. But Glen's face looks more like he is being eaten than screaming because of the horror or being underneath someone who is being eaten. If Glen were not being eaten, he would know enough to be really really quiet in hopes he could somehow slip away right? So I think he was eaten but its a bit weird with the camera angle.

Sucks to see Glen go but I'm glad they did it once they were on top of that dumpster. I was thinking there might be something to come along and save them but that would have been too much, there were just too many walkers. There have been a lot of people dying lately that are not main guys so I guess they needed someone to go. Maybe we will get to see Zombie Glen.

« Reply #888 on: October 26, 2015, 08:01:51 AM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2969
if this is the last season , then I only expect to see maybe three survivors or so. The writers are determined to see that everybody dies.

The BAby will live , probably Carl and maybe one or two other characters  . ...make it to some boat to an island is my guess.  I've NOT read the comics .  Maybe Darrell makes it. ..I hope so.

I think Carol and Rick will die the last episode and probably , my guess Morgan dies second to last show .

They may kill off the entire cast but Carl and the baby.

I'm not sure why killing off,the old character s is so important .  It makes the show hard to,watch and not much fun . 
Killing off the last of the original cast doesn't do the series any favors.

I still am upset with them doing away with T Dog s character.

« Reply #889 on: October 26, 2015, 08:56:51 AM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 10047
But the writers said "he will be back at some capacity (I'm paraphrasing)", so we'll see.
flashbacks perhaps.  the view doesn't show Nicholas on top of him and that's a pretty low level shot.  even if it's Nicholas being ripped apart, Glenn would have to get out from under him while surrounded by hundreds of the dead.  he's screaming too so I think the possibility of him playing possum under Nicholas is not happening.   can't imagine there'd be enough of him left to be a walker -- more likely a 'crawler' than a walker
I have to agree.

That was a lot of zombies. Even if the other guy is on top, they will completely devour him and still be hungry. There won't be enough Nick left to cover Glen. And Glen's head and neck aren't covered. Walkers like necks.

Still, if he was being eaten at that moment, I don't see he continuing the yelling for that long. Considering the organs flailing around, I would have expected him to be spitting up blood at least. So it seems they were showing him being killed yet, but I can't accept that they won't eat him without some distraction pulling the zombies away. I'm not sure though what distraction could make zombies stop eating. That's their favorite thing.
this was the one thing I noticed that gives me a glimmer of hope that he somehow gets out of this but that seems like such a slim, slim possibility.  probably won't get any closure on it for a few episodes when we either see him alive in a few episodes or see zombie Glen (which would really suck).

I think the thing that bothers me the most about losing Glen is that he was the main character (along with Maggie) that still held  a bit of humanity.  Rick, Carol, Daryl, Michonne and even Carl don't have that any longer (not that I could blame them).  Similar disappointment to when Herschel was killed.

« Reply #890 on: October 26, 2015, 09:29:48 AM »

Offline cons

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 103
any thoughts that this was somehow a nicholas hallucination? they kept showing him pause and stare into space for a few seconds while a high pitched sound was going on. I think it'd be pretty weak for this show to come out w some explanation like this, but they've never shown a character go through these little " spells" like they were showing nicholas go through. I was thinking they must be doing that for some reason.
 anyway, yeah i hope glenn is still alive but its hard to see how that's possible.

« Reply #891 on: October 26, 2015, 09:51:09 AM »

Offline MBunge

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 471
The hallucination thing doesn't work unless both Glen and Nicholas are alive.  I think the deal is that they want to do a "Search for Glen" storyline that lasts several episodes and that really doesn't work unless the audience has some doubt that Glen is dead.

Clearly the start of this season is meant to counteract the way Rick and the group have been portrayed as omni-competent zombie killers.  As much as I hate Glen getting killed, if he can survive that situation then I'm not sure how seriously we can take ANY threat to a main character any longer.

Mike

« Reply #892 on: October 26, 2015, 10:02:22 AM »

Offline Evantime34

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 764
  • Eagerly Awaiting the Next Fantasy Draft
I was really upset that they killed Glenn. When watching the episode it seemed 100% clear that he was dead.

That they didn't have him on the talking dead to do a character wrap up like they (apparently) do when other main characters die gives me hope.

As far as how it would be possible for him to survive, I guess you could make an argument that getting all the blood and guts of the soon to be dead Nick would allow him to hide amongst the zombies.

Nick is pretty much the worst character ever, he had one redeeming moment but other than that every time he was on the show he was messing up in some way.

In retrospect the leaving the zombie herd in the canyon alone might have been the best move. 
DKC:  Rockets
CB Draft: Memphis Grizz
Players: Klay Thompson, Jabari Parker, Aaron Gordon
Next 3 picks: 4.14, 4.15, 4.19

« Reply #893 on: October 26, 2015, 11:52:53 AM »

Offline Donoghus

• Global Moderator
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 1619
  • What a Pub Should Be
Certainly a dark & depressing episode.   

I think Glenn's dead.  I know we're talking a show with zombies so any "realism" has to be taken with a grain of salt but he & Nick got themselves into, literally, a dead end situation.  If Glenn somehow survives this, it takes something away from the show, IMO.  The whole aspect of fighting for survival and there isn't necessarily a light at the end of the tunnel for these people.  That's part of the premise of the show that I really like.  That there isn't going to really be a happy ending when all is said & done.

You really saw the flaws in everyone this past episode.  Think that was a good thing.

2010 CB Historical Draft - Best Overall Team

« Reply #894 on: October 26, 2015, 11:54:58 AM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2969
I'm not 100 percent sure Glen is dead yet.

The film looked pretty convincing though.

There are new villains yet to debute ...ones in comics .....think his demise will come latter by the hand of one of these guys.    Even more epic than the dumpster sene.

Glen death has been put off for a while now .

I 'm not understanding how Rick is going to live ...didn't he not get bit in the hand .....that was confusing .....according to the rules of Zombee turning , this should trigger his demise ......unless

He chops his own hand/ arm  off ......but hasn't he ALREADY waited too LATE for that to work ?

I got a feeling the entire  cast...save the baby ... is gonna get totally butchered before the show ends.

« Reply #895 on: October 26, 2015, 12:11:47 PM »

Offline guava_wrench

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 777
I figured it out. Glenn is alive.

While they eat the other idiot, glen will drag himself under the dumpster! The walkers won't be able to reach him there and then something will distract them to draw them away. Bam! Mystery solved.

« Reply #896 on: October 26, 2015, 12:28:46 PM »

Offline Evantime34

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 764
  • Eagerly Awaiting the Next Fantasy Draft

There are new villains yet to debute ...ones in comics .....think his demise will come latter by the hand of one of these guys.    Even more epic than the dumpster sene.

I 'm not understanding how Rick is going to live ...didn't he not get bit in the hand .....that was confusing .....according to the rules of Zombee turning , this should trigger his demise ......unless

He chops his own hand/ arm  off ......but hasn't he ALREADY waited too LATE for that to work ?

I got a feeling the entire  cast...save the baby ... is gonna get totally butchered before the show ends.
I thought Rick stabbed one of the walkers and the knife broke so that it cut him.
DKC:  Rockets
CB Draft: Memphis Grizz
Players: Klay Thompson, Jabari Parker, Aaron Gordon
Next 3 picks: 4.14, 4.15, 4.19

« Reply #897 on: October 26, 2015, 12:36:21 PM »

Offline Donoghus

• Global Moderator
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 1619
  • What a Pub Should Be

I thought Rick stabbed one of the walkers and the knife broke so that it cut him.

Looks like the machete that was stuck in the walker sliced Rick when he went in to kill it. 

Brings up a couple of interesting questions; 

-Did Rick get zombie blood in him when he sliced himself on the machete?

-Is this going to lead down a path that is seen in the comics that Shaqattack is alluding to?

2010 CB Historical Draft - Best Overall Team

« Reply #898 on: October 26, 2015, 01:39:58 PM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
I figured it out. Glenn is alive.

While they eat the other idiot, glen will drag himself under the dumpster! The walkers won't be able to reach him there and then something will distract them to draw them away. Bam! Mystery solved.
that's the only thing I could figure to buy him time but dumpsters are usually either on the ground or just have enough room underneath to fit wheels to roll on.

« Reply #899 on: October 26, 2015, 01:41:13 PM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach

Looks like the machete that was stuck in the walker sliced Rick when he went in to kill it. 

Brings up a couple of interesting questions; 

-Did Rick get zombie blood in him when he sliced himself on the machete?

-Is this going to lead down a path that is seen in the comics that Shaqattack is alluding to?
I thought it was the blade in the walker too, not something that the walker itself did to cause Rick to bleed.  would think that's a distinction that would not cause him to turn