Author Topic: The Walking Dead  (Read 359496 times)

Re: The Walking Dead
« Reply #870 on: October 16, 2015, 05:37:42 PM »

Offline Redz

• Punner
  • Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 3766
  • Yup
Everyone is thinking what you would do in reality that would be the logical way, they don't reality they want more episodes and money!

I always scream at them for taking the dumb way to dispatch a zombie but after I do I think, my way ends the show, keep up the bs kills lol!

Why not pick off a few thousand zombies per day? Get a few shooters on those trucks every day and have them pick them off, someone has to know how to make bullets by now, they never seem to run out. Then set them on fire in case you miss hit a few. Any idea seems better than what Rick chose!

I think the abuser's kid blew the horn if not Reverend Lunatic!

Daryl's bow supply and choice of times to use them has always been the cause for suspended reality belief for me.  You just need to set the plausibility aside and enjoy it when it pops up while keeping within a good story line.
Yup

« Reply #871 on: October 16, 2015, 11:44:51 PM »

Offline Redz

• Punner
  • Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 3766
  • Yup
Tooth decay would pretty much spell the end of the walkers as a threat right? 
Yup

« Reply #872 on: October 17, 2015, 10:38:27 AM »

Offline Hemingway

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 123
You would think that in this TWD world, people would eventually kill all the walkers. Maybe a big trap is a bad idea because it will attract to many walkers and eventually it will break and then you a SOL. So aybe smaller traps. If you could make some sort of trap that would eventually kill 100 or so walkers and could have a bung of people making 1 a day and slowly moving it seems like you would eventually kill them all.

What percent of people do we figure are still alive in TWD? If there were a 100 people to start and 90 of them became walkers, it would only take 9 days to kill all the walkers if each person could kill 10 a day.

« Reply #873 on: October 17, 2015, 10:53:59 AM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
What percent of people do we figure are still alive in TWD? If there were a 100 people to start and 90 of them became walkers, it would only take 9 days to kill all the walkers if each person could kill 10 a day.

Most people lack that kind of courage, oh, everyone thinks they have it, but the truth is it is much rarer than you admit.  Not to mention, even those who have it often lack fighting skills that would ensure their survival.   This would work, Hemingway, but I doubt human nature would allow it to happen.  In the army, not all guys would fight, some would hide and cower it happens.  These are guys trained to do it too.  A lot of people would wait for someone else to do something.

Our best weapon would be our intellect, which they seem to have lacked.   It has always served us well against animals and lead to us with our tools becoming the apex predator.

« Reply #874 on: October 17, 2015, 01:55:38 PM »

Offline fairweatherfan

• Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 2365
  • Be the posts you wish to see in the world.

It's well over 99% dead I believe - the general idea seems to be that the living are outnumbered by hundreds or thousands to 1.  Plus the living tend to keep killing each other for resources.  But sure, you'd expect in a "real" zombie apocalypse that some people would try to sweep the surrounding areas to wipe out the walkers.  Not like it's hard to get them to come to you.  Morgan was doing something like this a couple seasons back when Rick found him.

...also check your math, under your scenario the walkers would be wiped out in less than one day.

« Reply #875 on: October 18, 2015, 09:40:33 PM »

Offline jpotter33

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2933
Man, some of these people are so off-base in this episode. And what's with Morgan's aversion to killing?! The guy just dismembered a body, yet Morgan still got ticked off when Carol took care of him?!

« Reply #876 on: October 18, 2015, 09:46:55 PM »

Offline Yoki_IsTheName

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1304
  • I'm a Paul Heyman guy.
Man, some of these people are so off-base in this episode. And what's with Morgan's aversion to killing?! The guy just dismembered a body, yet Morgan still got ticked off when Carol took care of him?!

Morgan scares me. His aversion to killing might put this group into trouble.

Edit: I knew it. Darn it, Morgan!!! I think he just killed everybody in Alexandria.
2019 CStrong Historical Draft 2000s OKC Thunder.
PG: Jrue Holiday / Isaiah Thomas / Larry Hughes
SG: Paul George / Aaron McKie / Bradley Beal
SF: Paul Pierce / Tayshaun Prince / Brian Scalabrine
PF: LaMarcus Aldridge / Shareef Abdur-Raheem / Ben Simmons
C: Jermaine O'neal / Ben Wallace

« Reply #877 on: October 25, 2015, 09:52:47 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2969
OH my

The kill off of the old

Cast has begun.....

Hope somebody survives

« Reply #878 on: October 25, 2015, 09:55:10 PM »

Offline Yoki_IsTheName

• Ed Macauley
  • I'm a Paul Heyman guy.
Okay, I did not expect that.

I expected Glen to go down this season, but darn it, not like that. He went down because some dude lost his mind and he got dragged.

That's a very bad way to go out.

« Reply #879 on: October 25, 2015, 10:04:40 PM »

Offline jpotter33

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2933
Uggghhhh, Morgan you arse! If he would've killed those guys, then they wouldn't have found Rick!

Not sure that Glenn's dead. That very well could've been the guy's body on top of him that they were tearing into. Also, I think they would've made a bigger deal of Glenn dying than that.

« Reply #880 on: October 25, 2015, 10:07:33 PM »

Offline Yoki_IsTheName

• Ed Macauley
  • I'm a Paul Heyman guy.
Uggghhhh, Morgan you arse! If he would've killed those guys, then they wouldn't have found Rick!

Not sure that Glenn's dead. That very well could've been the guy's body on top of him that they were tearing into. Also, I think they would've made a bigger deal of Glenn dying than that.

Well, sticking to storyline purposes. It could be Nicolas's insides being ripped out, but Glen was completely under that big herd. Assuming it's Nicolas who was consumed, at some point, they're going to reach to Glen.

And if somehow he gets out, certainly he won't go out there unscathed. I think Glen is a goner. I just didn't expect it was going to be like that, which made it shocking, and awesome (in the sense that the show keeps you on the loop) at the same time.

« Reply #881 on: October 25, 2015, 10:16:05 PM »

Offline Yoki_IsTheName

• Ed Macauley
  • I'm a Paul Heyman guy.
THIS IS A MASSIVE SPOILER. YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!

So, I also watch the Talking Dead after the show, and they didn't do a In Memoriam on Glen, fueling what could be a chance of survival. Wow, he could really still be alive. 

« Reply #882 on: October 25, 2015, 10:32:01 PM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 10047

So, I also watch the Talking Dead after the show, and they didn't do a In Memoriam on Glen, fueling what could be a chance of survival. Wow, he could really still be alive. 
not over yet but I'm pretty sure he's toast and so, so crushed.  loved his character.  and I just knew that **** would be the death of Glenn at some point.  just sucks he went out that way.

« Reply #883 on: October 25, 2015, 10:34:04 PM »

Offline Yoki_IsTheName

• Ed Macauley
  • I'm a Paul Heyman guy.

not over yet but I'm pretty sure he's toast and so, so crushed.  loved his character.  and I just knew that **** would be the death of Glenn at some point.  just sucks he went out that way.

Me too.

I think he's gone. They've foreshadowed it even in this episode with him showing Hershel's watch and stuff.

But the writers said "he will be back at some capacity (I'm paraphrasing)", so we'll see.

« Reply #884 on: October 25, 2015, 10:37:39 PM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 10047

Me too.

I think he's gone. They've foreshadowed it even in this episode with him showing Hershel's watch and stuff.

But the writers said "he will be back at some capacity (I'm paraphrasing)", so we'll see.
flashbacks perhaps.  the view doesn't show Nicholas on top of him and that's a pretty low level shot.  even if it's Nicholas being ripped apart, Glenn would have to get out from under him while surrounded by hundreds of the dead.  he's screaming too so I think the possibility of him playing possum under Nicholas is not happening.   can't imagine there'd be enough of him left to be a walker -- more likely a 'crawler' than a walker