Author Topic: The Walking Dead  (Read 359564 times)

Re: The Walking Dead
« Reply #195 on: February 12, 2012, 07:01:03 PM »

Offline rondohondo

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1196
thought for sure this thread was going to be about the 2011-12 Celtics   ;)

« Reply #196 on: February 12, 2012, 08:45:22 PM »

Offline Redz

• Punner
  • Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 3766
  • Yup
Looking forward to tonight. 

In a bit of a tv show void these days so glad to get a favorite back.

yee haw!

watching the last episode now...I like the split season format
Yup

« Reply #197 on: February 12, 2012, 09:15:19 PM »

Offline raynman

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 55
thought for sure this thread was going to be about the 2011-12 Celtics   ;)
Same here ! haha.. Unfortunately, these zombies have become more exciting to watch than our erratic and lethargic Celtics..  :-\

« Reply #198 on: February 12, 2012, 10:02:31 PM »

Offline Bahku

• CB HOF Editor
  • Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 3632
  • Oe ma krr pamtseotu
Interesting episode ... not bad, though it's a bit odd that there wasn't a single "walker" appearance, (other than flashbacks and the very brief car accident). Looking for a bit more action and activity next week ... any predictions?
2010 PAPOUG, 2012 & 2017 PAPTYG CHAMP, HD BOT

* BAHKU MUSIC *

« Reply #199 on: February 13, 2012, 12:34:42 AM »

Offline Bahku

• CB HOF Editor
  • Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 3632
  • Oe ma krr pamtseotu
Watching the post-show "Talking Dead" discussion, and those (production people) who have seen upcoming episodes say they are "mindblowing", and that as seemingly slow as this episode may have seemed, (and somewhat devoid of zombies), the next few episodes will make up for it. Any guesses as to what's wrong with the sick girl? (They hinted that it may soon be discovered that the virus may be mutating to an airborne contagion).
2010 PAPOUG, 2012 & 2017 PAPTYG CHAMP, HD BOT

* BAHKU MUSIC *

« Reply #200 on: February 13, 2012, 12:49:12 AM »

Offline Mean n Green 20

• Neemias Queta
  • Tommy Points: 3
Watching the post-show "Talking Dead" discussion, and those (production people) who have seen upcoming episodes say they are "mindblowing", and that as seemingly slow as this episode may have seemed, (and somewhat devoid of zombies), the next few episodes will make up for it. Any guesses as to what's wrong with the sick girl? (They hinted that it may soon be discovered that the virus may be mutating to an airborne contagion).

The comic books provide so much more action and suspense even in the lulls. Those who have interest in the show should really check out the comics. I have been disappointed how the writers have deviated from the comics storyline. There are so many plots and subplots that confining the show to the farm is an injustice.
« Last Edit: February 13, 2012, 01:43:00 AM by Mean n Green 20 »

« Reply #201 on: February 13, 2012, 01:10:29 AM »

Offline Casperian

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 545

I think you should put spoiler tags on that post. The group doesnīt know about this until later in the comics.

Iīve read the comics, too, and while I absolutely love them, I disagree that thereīs more action than in the TV series. There were many issues where we donīt see any zombies at all, and where itīs all about the characters and the group dynamics. All of the "bad guys" are human, anyway.

Personally, I have no clue why so many people on the internet complain about "slow pace", I think the show is great. Iīm glad they decided to stick with the nature of the comics, while changing the specifics. Keeps it interesting for those of us who have already read the comics.
In the summer of 2017, I predicted this team would not win a championship for the next 10 years.

3 down, 7 to go.

« Reply #202 on: February 13, 2012, 02:20:51 AM »

Offline Mean n Green 20

• Neemias Queta
  • Tommy Points: 3

I think you should put spoiler tags on that post. The group doesnīt know about this until later in the comics.

Iīve read the comics, too, and while I absolutely love them, I disagree that thereīs more action than in the TV series. There were many issues where we donīt see any zombies at all, and where itīs all about the characters and the group dynamics. All of the "bad guys" are human, anyway.

Personally, I have no clue why so many people on the internet complain about "slow pace", I think the show is great. Iīm glad they decided to stick with the nature of the comics, while changing the specifics. Keeps it interesting for those of us who have already read the comics.

I took out that little spoiler. Hopefully noone was up at this time to read that. I apologize to anyone who did.

I first started watching the show and then recently took interest in the comics. For me there are certain intangibles that have been lost in translation from comic to television. When I was referring to action and suspense I also meant developments within the group or interactions with other survivors. Sometimes I question the direction of the show. The focus on finding the little girl for multiple episodes was a bit strung out. The comic had a miniseries which presented this issue in a compelling cliffhanger style. And now another bedridden person, I mean as they were saying on the aftershow please get us off the darn farm and back on the road. Hopefully after tonights show we will at least have some more guests at the farm.

I agree that there was alot more character development and  focus on the group dynamics in the comics as well as the first season. In the show we have barely gotten to know Hershel's family. The comics provided us with a variety of strange but interesting characters. Apart from Shane, Rick, Lori, Daryl I could care about the rest. Part of the thrill of reading the comics was that the group was always on the road or never truly safe when stationed. You could see them grow and change from this lack of security.

The only actors I can relate to on the show are Shane and Daryl. They seem to best fit into this new world. Rick still seems a bit green behind the ears. Tonight I was happy to see Rick lose a little more of his humanity.

« Reply #203 on: February 13, 2012, 03:06:34 AM »

Offline BASS_THUMPER

• Scal's #1 Fan
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 5350
  • Thumper of the BASS!
problems with other survivors seems greater than dealing with the zombies in up coming episodes

« Reply #204 on: February 13, 2012, 07:35:52 AM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
The only actors I can relate to on the show are Shane and Daryl.

Shane is jerk.  Don't know what that says for you as a person.  JK

Rick is the main character not Shane, folks.

« Reply #205 on: February 13, 2012, 09:11:25 AM »

Offline jgod213

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 300
i really enjoyed last nights episode...

I love Shane.  His actions were validated by the rest of the group.  Best line of the night: "Hey Dale, next time i need a radiator hose i'll make sure to give you a call."

Rick is back! OK corral shoot-out was awesome.

What was Lori thinking? Who is going to go save the day? i hope daryl goes looking for her since he blew her off earlier...

I'm waiting for a showdown between Dale and Shane.  There's only so many run-ins and gun-pointing two people can have together before someone makes a move. i can't stand dale or hershel!

DKC Utah Jazz
http://tinyurl.com/kqjb3cv

Starters:   Bledsoe-Gordon-Hayward-Patterson-Favors  | 6th-Kanter
Reserves: Warren-Hardaway-Plumlee-Larkin-Evans-Mbakwe-Huestis-Hummel-Calathes

« Reply #206 on: February 13, 2012, 11:30:27 AM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 10047
glad the show is back.  last season was a bit of a drag with them being stuck on the farm even though the last show was a helluva finale.  Hoping there's a bit more action this year or more about what's going on elsewhere in the world.

« Reply #207 on: February 13, 2012, 12:16:30 PM »

Offline Shoot the J

• Sam Hauser
  • Tommy Points: 33
That was a long few months. Glad to have some quality TV back.

I can't imagine they stay at the farm much longer. They seem to be wearing out their welcome, and now that they know the whereabouts of Sophia, I think the story has to take them elsewhere.

I can't stand Dale either. It's only a matter of time before Shane takes him out. The sooner, the better.

« Reply #208 on: February 13, 2012, 12:18:55 PM »

Offline Redz

• Punner
  • Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 3766
  • Yup
problems with other survivors seems greater than dealing with the zombies in up coming episodes

indeed

What was Lori thinking? Who is going to go save the day? i hope daryl goes looking for her since he blew her off earlier...

I didn't really understand what were sudden desperation to go retrieve them was all about. 
Yup

« Reply #209 on: February 13, 2012, 12:23:15 PM »

Offline Tai

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 32
The only actors I can relate to on the show are Shane and Daryl.

Shane is jerk.  Don't know what that says for you as a person.  JK

Rick is the main character not Shane, folks.

Which is what I loved about the last scene and what was later discussed in Talking Dead. It re-established Rick as the star of the show, and showed that he, at least for the foreseeable future, is willing to defend that title. That'll be important going forward, considering that Shane has that "why not Me?" attitude about him, and his outburst to Dale. Shane clearly wants to be in charge, and I can see that desire overcoming his friendship with Rick.