Poll

If Durant wanted in for at least next year would you do it?

Yes
No

Author Topic: What if Durant wanted to opt-in for a sign and trade to Boston?  (Read 1622 times)

Offline CelticSooner

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 871
  • GOT IT!!!
I've seen a lot of talk on here and other places about the C's going after Durant. I never really paid it much attention because I don't think it would have happened. For entertainment sake though let's just say he wanted out of GS and wanted to team up with Kyrie and AD in Boston while rehabbing pretty much all of next season. GS was willing to do a S/T and received Hayward in return. Would you be happy with taking that risk? I think I know how this poll will go but let's just see.  ;D

Re: What if Durant wanted to opt-in for a sign and trade to Boston?
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2019, 06:29:01 PM »

Offline droopdog7

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 466
Um, is this is a serious question?  Why not just ask if we we would take KD for all the money we find under a couch cushion.

Not that Hayward is COMPLETE trash, but he might as well be in his scenario.

« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2019, 06:53:32 PM »

Offline CelticSooner

• Ed Macauley
  • GOT IT!!!
Um, is this is a serious question?  Why not just ask if we we would take KD for all the money we find under a couch cushion.

Not that Hayward is COMPLETE trash, but he might as well be in his scenario.

It's a serious question. I guess you assume Hayward will never be the same lol

« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2019, 07:03:19 PM »

Offline jambr380

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 1762
  • Everybody knows what's best for you
All the specifics aren't laid out here, but I am assuming Kyrie is signing a 5-yr max and AD would be appeased by Kyrie and AD here. I also assume that since KD wanted to come here that he would be willing to re-sign after his contract is up.

If these things are all true, then of course you do it. Next year may not be perfect, but you would still have Kyrie and AD. After that, you have a true superstar trio locked up for years. It's not like Boston isn't accustomed to paying out $30m+ to an injured player.

« Reply #4 on: June 12, 2019, 07:16:41 PM »

Offline CelticSooner

• Ed Macauley
  • GOT IT!!!
All the specifics aren't laid out here, but I am assuming Kyrie is signing a 5-yr max and AD would be appeased by Kyrie and AD here. I also assume that since KD wanted to come here that he would be willing to re-sign after his contract is up.

If these things are all true, then of course you do it. Next year may not be perfect, but you would still have Kyrie and AD. After that, you have a true superstar trio locked up for years. It's not like Boston isn't accustomed to paying out $30m+ to an injured player.

You assume correct in Kyrie resigning regardless of what Durant wanted to do. This is about Hayward vs Durant. Achilles.....

« Reply #5 on: June 12, 2019, 08:15:12 PM »

Offline Irish Stew

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 56
Were it not for his age I might think about it, but he is 30, will be 31 in 3 months, and probably won't be reasonably ready until he is 32. He also may wind up as just a shell of his former self, so no.

« Reply #6 on: June 12, 2019, 08:21:12 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
I want no part of Durant's next contract. You pay him over $30 million to sit out a year and rehab and then hope that in his 2nd season he isn't like Hayward and is not close to the player he was prior to the injury.

How did all that go down with Gordon Hayward this year? You want to re-live the last two years only this time with Durant? And if he never gets back to being the Durant from before the injury, what then? You're stuck in a massive mess.

No thanks.

« Reply #7 on: June 12, 2019, 08:50:02 PM »

Offline Bobshot

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 141
I don't think Ainge is interested in Durant. He refused them once, and now he's old and hurt.

« Reply #8 on: June 12, 2019, 08:59:08 PM »

Online mr. dee

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 597
Durant only make sense if you are a rebuilding or a lower tier playoff team. No competing team would wait on Durant for a year to compete.

« Reply #9 on: June 12, 2019, 09:07:23 PM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Larry Bird
  • Tommy Points: 2943
  • On To Banner 18!
People do realize Durant is likely out for next season, right? And there's no guarantee he'll even come back and be Kevin Durant. Many were frustrated that Hayward took time to adjust coming back after his gruesome injury, and it may be the exact same with KD.
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

« Reply #10 on: June 12, 2019, 09:12:25 PM »

Offline CelticsElite

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 789
I want no part of Durant's next contract. You pay him over $30 million to sit out a year and rehab and then hope that in his 2nd season he isn't like Hayward and is not close to the player he was prior to the injury.

How did all that go down with Gordon Hayward this year? You want to re-live the last two years only this time with Durant? And if he never gets back to being the Durant from before the injury, what then? You're stuck in a massive mess.

No thanks.
it'll be even worse cuz Durant is a drama queen

« Reply #11 on: June 12, 2019, 09:28:58 PM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion
The only guy I can think of across any of the sports I’m familiar with who has come back from an achilles was ‘Nique in the 90’s. Pass
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)