Author Topic: I like Bass. Shoot me.  (Read 5295 times)

Re: I like Bass. Shoot me.
« Reply #15 on: November 24, 2012, 04:27:53 AM »

Offline BballTim

• Dave Cowens
  • Tommy Points: 1123

While I don't think Bass is a terrible player, imagine how much better he'd be if he didn't look surprised by passes that come to him. He's never ready for the ball and never knows what he's going to do with it before it's in his hands. He's like a defender in youth soccer, standing like a statue watching the game when the ball's in the other end of the field and springing to life when the ball comes into his area. That's how he looks when he gets a pass.

« Reply #16 on: November 24, 2012, 04:29:11 AM »

Offline Celtics18

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1469
I do not understand why getting rid of Bass is so high on people's Christmas list. I mean, sure, if we can get someone like Gortat, but I don't see that happening. Bass is imperfect, but I love the guy's intensity. He played very well tonight, regardless of the low point total. He has played well overall this season. I like him in our lineup. He has some younger legs, some decent width and strength and a nice shot when he let's it come.

Better players out there? Absolutely, but Bass is filling the Leon Powe role nicely I think...perhaps even better.

No reason to apologize for liking Brandon.  I don't think he'll ever be a superstar, but he's the kind of guy that I really like having on the team: Hard worker, good guy, is what he is and knows what he is.  Teams need some stars and some solid role players.  Brandon Bass fits the role of solid role player very well.
DKC Seventy-Sixers:

PG: G. Hill/D. Schroder
SG: C. Lee/B. Hield/T. Luwawu
SF:  Giannis/J. Lamb/M. Kuzminskas
PF:  E. Ilyasova/J. Jerebko/R. Christmas
C:    N. Vucevic/K. Olynyk/E. Davis/C. Jefferson

« Reply #17 on: November 24, 2012, 04:47:52 AM »

Offline chambers

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 943
  • Boston Celtics= Championships, nothing less.
Bass is great because willing to give everything and get no accolades in return. He just works hard and wants to win.

He's all guys but his ego doesn't need the glory that many NBA players thirst for.

I don't think shipping him out is on most people's lists, I think he's just a solid trade asset and his position is where we could improve the most towards getting our next championship. He'd be one of the best 6th men in the league so hopefully we can keep him but Danny and Doc are probably wanting to keep Green ahead of him because of his potential and his ability to guard elite small forwards.
I just can't see us making a trade that keeps both Green and Bass on this squad which is unfortunate but probably has to happen for us to be an elite contender.
We shall see, we might be okay in 2 months time and Bass will stay.
Fingers crossed.
"We are lucky we have a very patient GM that isn't willing to settle for being good and coming close. He wants to win a championship and we have the potential to get there still with our roster and assets."

quoting 'Greg B' on RealGM after 2017 trade deadline.
Read that last line again. One more time.

« Reply #18 on: November 24, 2012, 06:10:55 AM »

Offline Bahku

• CB HOF Editor
  • Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 3632
  • Oe ma krr pamtseotu
Why shoot you?

Love Bass, always have.

While he may not be the most talented or gifted player on this team, he always gives 110%, and will find ways to contribute whenever he's on the floor.

Can you imagine Jeff Green with Bass' hustle and hard work?

I'd personally take a Bass over a Green any day, (at least as they've proven themselves to this point).

So shoot me. ;)

Add: Powe was a great comparison, by rhe way, though Bass is more effective outside, and moves his feet a little quicker.
2010 PAPOUG, 2012 & 2017 PAPTYG CHAMP, HD BOT

* BAHKU MUSIC *

« Reply #19 on: November 24, 2012, 06:11:29 AM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
I like Bass too.   I think he is too short and wish he was two inches taller.  He is a hard worker with a dependable jump shot.  He is a good offensive asset but I think he is a liability on D at times (lack of height affects his ability to guard bigger guys) and his rebounding has never been more than average.

I think his biggest flaw is one of our own making.  He is a bench guy who has to start because lack of bigs on the C's.   He would be even better as a change of pace guy off the bench.

« Reply #20 on: November 24, 2012, 08:06:26 AM »

Offline moiso

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 441
Why shoot you?

Love Bass, always have.

While he may not be the most talented or gifted player on this team, he always gives 110%, and will find ways to contribute whenever he's on the floor.

Can you imagine Jeff Green with Bass' hustle and hard work?

I'd personally take a Bass over a Green any day, (at least as they've proven themselves to this point).

So shoot me. ;)

Add: Powe was a great comparison, by rhe way, though Bass is more effective outside, and moves his feet a little quicker.
TP.  Agree with all of this.

« Reply #21 on: November 24, 2012, 08:09:03 AM »

Offline mctyson

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 372
I don't think anyone doesn't like Bass.  I am sure Danny and Doc like Bass.  I am sure the whole team likes Bass.

But if you are going to make a trade for any other player that has any ability, you have to trade players with ability (or draft picks) for your target player.  And of course in the NBA, you have to make the salaries match.  If you want to trade for a player making 8-10 million, its either draft picks and an expiring or its a valuable player going the other way. 

In our case, we don't have the expiring deal (maybe except for Pierce but he is not going anywhere.)  So valuable player it is. 

« Reply #22 on: November 24, 2012, 08:40:05 AM »

Offline jdz101

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 404
Bass is definition of great role player. 12 and 6 guy every night. I think gripe with some fans is his lack of post game. A hook shot is badly needed in his arsenal. It can take his game to next level.

Heck just have him drive to the rack more like rondo, barbosa, PP and green. whatever it takes to get high % shots and draw fouls.

The only problem with this is his handle ain't that great. Tends to fumble the ball a lot.

His jumper will start to fall though.

how much wood would a woodchuck chuck if a woodchuck was chris bosh?

« Reply #23 on: November 24, 2012, 08:45:31 AM »

Offline pearljammer10

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 885
It's hard not to like bass. He's an incredibly hard worker and he really doesn't do too many things wrong. He's a likeable player and has a likeable game.

However, we can certainly upgrade the position. I like bass but he might be our best expendable trade bait to net a better power forward than bass

« Reply #24 on: November 24, 2012, 09:14:50 AM »

Offline sofutomygaha

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 343

Tried to shoot you... but Bass shot first.

Pachachacha!

« Reply #25 on: November 24, 2012, 11:35:50 AM »

Offline cman88

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 359
I dont get the idea that Bass isn't a starting power-forward...didnt we go to game 7 of the ECF with him as our STARTING power-forward?

not everyone in the starting lineup needs to be a star. Bass goes strong to the basket, has a reliable jumpshot, and IMO has really improved his defense this year.

« Reply #26 on: November 24, 2012, 11:38:24 AM »

Offline Celtics18

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1469
It looks like most of us are going to have to face the firing squad.  We all like Brandon.
DKC Seventy-Sixers:

PG: G. Hill/D. Schroder
SG: C. Lee/B. Hield/T. Luwawu
SF:  Giannis/J. Lamb/M. Kuzminskas
PF:  E. Ilyasova/J. Jerebko/R. Christmas
C:    N. Vucevic/K. Olynyk/E. Davis/C. Jefferson

« Reply #27 on: November 24, 2012, 12:22:59 PM »

Offline Master Po

• Author and
  • CelticsBlog Relic
  • Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 242
  • The Man behind the Curtain
I like Bass..no desire to trade him or bench him. It was DA who put us in this spot of no true center...no one else

« Reply #28 on: November 24, 2012, 12:28:50 PM »

Offline BudweiserCeltic

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1818
I love Bass off the bench.

« Reply #29 on: November 24, 2012, 12:30:35 PM »

Offline Kane3387

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 944
  • Intensity!!!