Author Topic: Jayden Springers Scouting Report  (Read 2393 times)

Re: Jayden Springers Scouting Report
« Reply #15 on: February 10, 2024, 01:28:15 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2975
I’m keeping my expectations low.

He was shipped out for a Romeo Langford return. He’s about Romeo’s size, and while his defense looks better, his offensive ability sounds like it’s worse?

Langford was solid on defense and got minutes here, so I am sure Jayden will get his chance too, but Romeo’s out of the league. He might get another chance someday because his shooting percentage is up quite a bit this year for both 3s and overall. That’s G-League though and he’s not lighting up or going to MVP like this guy.

Avery Bradley might end up being a good comp, but Marcus did a lot of good to elite level things even though shooting wasn’t one of them.

We'll never know, but if Langford had stayed healthy, I think he'd still be in the league.

I agree. Looks like Langford is playing for Utah’s G league team currently. I thought Romeo did pretty well in limited minutes his last year in Boston. Defense was solid and he  shot 35% from deep. Played in control unlike Nesmith. Decent size for a 2/3 at 6’5”/216lbs. I wouldn’t be surprised if he made it back to the NBA.

I was a Romeo fan.  If he can get his health in order , maybe he can play up to expectations one day.

Re: Jayden Springers Scouting Report
« Reply #16 on: February 11, 2024, 02:43:10 AM »

Offline ozgod

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 1384
I’m keeping my expectations low.

He was shipped out for a Romeo Langford return. He’s about Romeo’s size, and while his defense looks better, his offensive ability sounds like it’s worse?

Langford was solid on defense and got minutes here, so I am sure Jayden will get his chance too, but Romeo’s out of the league. He might get another chance someday because his shooting percentage is up quite a bit this year for both 3s and overall. That’s G-League though and he’s not lighting up or going to MVP like this guy.

Avery Bradley might end up being a good comp, but Marcus did a lot of good to elite level things even though shooting wasn’t one of them.

We'll never know, but if Langford had stayed healthy, I think he'd still be in the league.

I agree. Looks like Langford is playing for Utah’s G league team currently. I thought Romeo did pretty well in limited minutes his last year in Boston. Defense was solid and he  shot 35% from deep. Played in control unlike Nesmith. Decent size for a 2/3 at 6’5”/216lbs. I wouldn’t be surprised if he made it back to the NBA.

Wonder if it's a drive/effort issue. The type of thing that fans don't see.
Any odd typos are because I suck at typing on an iPhone :D