Author Topic: Celtics (43-29) at Hornets (32-39) Game #73 3/23/19  (Read 24570 times)

Re: Celtics (43-29) at Hornets (32-39) Game #73 3/23/19
« Reply #240 on: March 23, 2019, 09:43:20 PM »

Online scaryjerry

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 176
Ugh making my way to Boston this upcoming Friday to see this team and am actually dreading it...this years team is so unlikable....this loss is another typical of the entire season, painful.

« Reply #241 on: March 23, 2019, 09:44:27 PM »

Offline blink

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1474
Thankfully I missed this game, these earlier weekend games usually suck for me  :-\ I will force myself to watch the DVD for all the mistakes later. But I have a question: who was on the floor when the Hornets went on their 30-5 run? Apparently it happened right after Brown scored a layup to make it 112-94 with 8:21 left in the 4th. Who was on the floor when that run happened?

Kyrie, Tatum, Brown, Morris and Smart.

Then with about 3 minutes left, Smart had 5 fouls so Brad replaced him with Rozier.

Yabusele and Ojeleye also saw very minor minutes during this time.
Did Brown get fed when Charlotte came roaring back? Or did Brad and his teammates say "that's enough, you can't lead us in scoring"?

Nope Brown hit one 3 at the start of the Hornets rally, but after that it was all Kyrie, Tatum, Rozier, Smart

« Reply #242 on: March 23, 2019, 09:45:10 PM »

Offline Somebody

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 560
  • STAND FIRM, SAY NO TO VIBE MEN
So who's now on the sack Brad train? I'm almost there, I really believe this team can make the finals but we're playing like Edited.  Profanity and masked profanity are against forum rules and may result in discipline. with Brad's wonky rotations and schemes.
Jaylen Brown for All-NBA

« Reply #243 on: March 23, 2019, 09:45:19 PM »

Offline blink

• Dennis Johnson
Thankfully I missed this game, these earlier weekend games usually suck for me  :-\ I will force myself to watch the DVD for all the mistakes later. But I have a question: who was on the floor when the Hornets went on their 30-5 run? Apparently it happened right after Brown scored a layup to make it 112-94 with 8:21 left in the 4th. Who was on the floor when that run happened?

Then with about 3 minutes left, Smart had 5 fouls so Brad replaced him with Rozier.

Brown was on the bench for some of that time, at least 2-3 min when Yabu was in.  By the time Brad put Jaylen back in the tide was already turning.

« Reply #244 on: March 23, 2019, 09:45:52 PM »

Offline keevsnick

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 549

It was a little bit of everyone really. After that the only two scores where a Jaylen 3 and a Kyrie drive and layup I think. Things starting falling apart when we went to Smart (once off the drive, once on a deep post up) and he committed offensive fouls on two straight possessions. Tatum kept getting switched onto Kemba and just didn't stand a chance. Blow by, fading three (a hard attempt), stop and pop jumper, blow by all while guarded by Tatum, in part because Brad benched Smart with 5 fouls after those two offensive fouls. Then we went Iso Hero ball with a Tatum missed three, a terrible Rozier missed three, 2 long iso Kyrie threes, a Kyrie turnover is charlottes end after a defensive rebound, and just basically everything going wrong. We got killed in second chance points with literally no one bigger than Mook playing after Williams went out. Morris couldn't guard anyone without fouling. First 40 minutes, beautiful offense. last eight not so much. Didn't go back to Jaylen who was scorching. 

« Reply #245 on: March 23, 2019, 09:46:04 PM »

Offline Somebody

• Tiny Archibald

Did Brown get fed when Charlotte came roaring back? Or did Brad and his teammates say "that's enough, you can't lead us in scoring"?

Nope Brown hit one 3 at the start of the Hornets rally, but after that it was all Kyrie, Tatum, Rozier, Smart
Hm seems like the usual...Brad needs to go if we lose tomorrow's game in a similar fashion as the last three.
Jaylen Brown for All-NBA

« Reply #246 on: March 23, 2019, 09:48:00 PM »

Offline blink

• Dennis Johnson
So who's now on the sack Brad train? I'm almost there, I really believe this team can make the finals but we're playing like **** with Brad's wonky rotations and schemes.

I am not on the sack him train, but honestly think he has done a poor job in the last couple months.  I am not sure if it is more our poor play or more on him?  But he hasn't been as good as past years about making the right substitution, calling the right def switches that impact winning.

« Reply #247 on: March 23, 2019, 09:48:02 PM »

Offline keevsnick

• Rajon Rondo

Brown was on the bench for some of that time, at least 2-3 min when Yabu was in.  By the time Brad put Jaylen back in the tide was already turning.

Ya but he had to rest him a little. Played from 6 minutes of the third all the way through except for like a 60-90 second break (game time wise). Thats the downside of someone coming off the bench, typical substitution patters mean its harder to play bench guys 30+ without long stretches of no breaks.

« Reply #248 on: March 23, 2019, 09:48:54 PM »

Offline Somebody

• Tiny Archibald

It was a little bit of everyone really. After that the only two scores where a Jaylen 3 and a Kyrie drive and layup I think. Things starting falling apart when we went to Smart (once off the drive, once on a deep post up) and he committed offensive fouls on two straight possessions. Tatum kept getting switched onto Kemba and just didn't stand a chance. Blow by, fading three (a hard attempt), stop and pop jumper, blow by all while guarded by Tatum, in part because Brad benched Smart with 5 fouls after those two offensive fouls. Then we went Iso Hero ball with a Tatum missed three, a terrible Rozier missed three, 2 long iso Kyrie threes, a Kyrie turnover is charlottes end after a defensive rebound, and just basically everything going wrong. We got killed in second chance points with literally no one bigger than Mook playing after Williams went out. Morris couldn't guard anyone without fouling. First 40 minutes, beautiful offense. last eight not so much. Didn't go back to Jaylen who was scorching.
Think Jaylen should actually try yelling at the team's guard rotation for once, they've been incredibly selfish and Smart especially sometimes looks like he's straight up not passing to Jaylen (noticed that Smart usually passes the other way when he sees Jaylen standing on one side of the court), ntm Smart always yells at Jaylen lol. Should be good to retaliate for once to smack some sense into the team. Btw where was Theis??? He could've played C for us down the stretch no?
Jaylen Brown for All-NBA

« Reply #249 on: March 23, 2019, 09:50:26 PM »

Offline blink

• Dennis Johnson

The two charges by Smart, the terrible def from Kyrie on a Walker 3, and then at least 3 times of Tatum getting torched on switches trying to guard Walker just completely flipped the game.  No more looks for Jaylen after than just a lot of jacked up 3s.

« Reply #250 on: March 23, 2019, 09:50:29 PM »

Offline Somebody

• Tiny Archibald
So who's now on the sack Brad train? I'm almost there, I really believe this team can make the finals but we're playing like **** with Brad's wonky rotations and schemes.

I am not on the sack him train, but honestly think he has done a poor job in the last couple months.  I am not sure if it is more our poor play or more on him?  But he hasn't been as good as past years about making the right substitution, calling the right def switches that impact winning.
The poor play is really hampering us this season, we can contend and losing in the second round would be a waste of this year's talent.
Jaylen Brown for All-NBA

« Reply #251 on: March 23, 2019, 09:51:09 PM »

Offline blink

• Dennis Johnson

Ya but he had to rest him a little. Played from 6 minutes of the third all the way through except for like a 60-90 second break (game time wise). Thats the downside of someone coming off the bench, typical substitution patters mean its harder to play bench guys 30+ without long stretches of no breaks.

yeah he was gassed, I know he had to sit, but those couple of minutes were key to the game.

« Reply #252 on: March 23, 2019, 09:55:52 PM »

Offline Somebody

• Tiny Archibald

yeah he was gassed, I know he had to sit, but those couple of minutes were key to the game.
Well Brad and his teammates would've wasted those minutes even if he played since he'd never get the ball lol.
Jaylen Brown for All-NBA

« Reply #253 on: March 23, 2019, 09:56:10 PM »

Offline keevsnick

• Rajon Rondo

No doubt, one reason he should probably start. its easier to get him 30+ every game in a starters role.

« Reply #254 on: March 23, 2019, 10:05:09 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
Sack him for what? The first not great professional coaching season he has had in over a decade?

Stevens ran into problems he never saw before this year. He didn't handle it great. Not sure even the best of coaches would have had a much better year than this given the team make up and what went down starting in early February.

Stevens is too intelligent a guy and too good of a basketball mind not to keep on and let him learn from this and be an even better coach.

Firing Stevens just smacks of shortsightedness and looking for a scapegoat. Ainge will move players on this team well before he would ever fire Stevens. And I agree with that.