Author Topic: Yabusele fed on g league  (Read 3435 times)

Re: Yabusele fed on g league
« Reply #15 on: January 17, 2018, 08:45:45 AM »

Offline sdceltsfan

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 45
He just isn't ever going to get minutes on this squad, as constructed. I say keep letting him rock G-league, and build his value and experience.

Either we make a big trade sending someone out from the rotation (Brown/Tatum) to get AD or someone like that, which wil free up wing minutes; or another team sees Yabu killing it and wants him in a trade.

« Reply #16 on: January 17, 2018, 09:56:00 AM »

Offline kozlodoev

• NCE
  • Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 1294
He just isn't ever going to get minutes on this squad, as constructed. I say keep letting him rock G-league, and build his value and experience.
Yes, unfortunately for him, we're not constructed like the Phoenix Suns and the Sacramento Kings.

Either we make a big trade sending someone out from the rotation (Brown/Tatum) to get AD or someone like that, which wil free up wing minutes; or another team sees Yabu killing it and wants him in a trade.
Trading a wing for a big will free up minutes? Maybe, but certainly not for Yabusele. I guess it's a good thing that we don't really have to worry about this scenario.
"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

« Reply #17 on: January 17, 2018, 10:10:55 AM »

Offline JBcat

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 512
Yes, unfortunately for him, we're not constructed like the Phoenix Suns and the Sacramento Kings.

Trading a wing for a big will free up minutes? Maybe, but certainly not for Yabusele. I guess it's a good thing that we don't really have to worry about this scenario.

I doubt Marcus Morris is a long term fixture on this team, and I could see Yabu taking over his role eventually down the line.  Of course when Hayward comes back there is a minutes problem again so who knows.

« Reply #18 on: January 17, 2018, 10:34:50 AM »

Offline sdceltsfan

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 45

Yabu is gunna play a lot more wing than everyone thinks. Not saying I want to trade Brown or Tatum, but those are the guys, and Morris, who I guess you could say is a 4 but he plays like a 3 half the time too (whether BS asks that of him or not).

Do you see Yabu being a successful 4/5 with his height and lacking vertical leap?

« Reply #19 on: January 17, 2018, 10:57:25 AM »

Offline kozlodoev

• NCE
  • Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 1294

Yabu is gunna play a lot more wing than everyone thinks. Not saying I want to trade Brown or Tatum, but those are the guys, and Morris, who I guess you could say is a 4 but he plays like a 3 half the time too (whether BS asks that of him or not).

Do you see Yabu being a successful 4/5 with his height and lacking vertical leap?
I see him being a lot more successful at the 5 than at the 3. If you have a big wide rear end, it's better to get away with not being tall enough than not being quick enough.

So yeah, in the hypothetical case when he's actually good enough to see regular NBA minutes at some point in his career,  I expect him to see (close to) zero minutes in situations where he's not one of the two biggest guys on the floor.

(Morris, by the way, is a 3 masquerading as a 4; he's horrible defensively at the the PF position, but he's a necessary evil there because we're out of bodies).
« Last Edit: January 17, 2018, 11:03:24 AM by kozlodoev »
"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

« Reply #20 on: January 17, 2018, 06:05:17 PM »

Offline Big333223

• NCE
  • Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 741

I see him being a lot more successful at the 5 than at the 3. If you have a big wide rear end, it's better to get away with not being tall enough than not being quick enough.

So yeah, in the hypothetical case when he's actually good enough to see regular NBA minutes at some point in his career,  I expect him to see (close to) zero minutes in situations where he's not one of the two biggest guys on the floor.

(Morris, by the way, is a 3 masquerading as a 4; he's horrible defensively at the the PF position, but he's a necessary evil there because we're out of bodies).
Yeah, I don't think Yabu is going to play much 3. He's listed at 6'7", which is short for a PF but not by much and he's got great length for a PF. He's also 260 lbs, which is what Aron Baynes is also listed at. Yabu is really strong and gives up nothing in that department to NBA 4's and will have a quickness advantage there. At the 3, he's at a quickness disadvantage.

I don't think 2" overshadows where his most advantageous match ups are.
1957, 1959, 1960, 1961, 1962, 1963, 1964, 1965, 1966, 1968, 1969, 1974, 1976, 1981, 1984, 1986, 2008

« Reply #21 on: January 17, 2018, 07:26:12 PM »

Offline mr. dee

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 597
Yabu is getting the Rozier treatment in his rookie year. Took Terry 3 years to be a regular rotation player. Yabu is a little younger. I think he have the tools and the drive. He'll get better. How much? We'll find out in years to come.

« Reply #22 on: January 17, 2018, 07:36:30 PM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
Yabu is getting the Rozier treatment in his rookie year. Took Terry 3 years to be a regular rotation player. Yabu is a little younger. I think he have the tools and the drive. He'll get better. How much? We'll find out in years to come.

Where do you get what you're smoking because it must be good.

« Reply #23 on: January 17, 2018, 08:23:42 PM »

Offline moiso

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 441

I can’t figure out why you say that.  He didn’t say anything controversial or even debatable unless you don’t like his tools.

« Reply #24 on: January 17, 2018, 08:41:31 PM »

Offline mr. dee

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 597

I can’t figure out why you say that.  He didn’t say anything controversial or even debatable unless you don’t like his tools.

I have a feeling he have a deep grudge towards the kid.