Author Topic: Porzingis injury updates (soleus strain)  (Read 26542 times)

SCeltic34, Birdman, chicagoceltic, theswitch, Roy H., RMO and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Re: Porzingis injury updates (soleus strain)
« Reply #165 on: May 05, 2024, 08:49:59 PM »

Offline W8ting2McHale

• NCE
  • Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 94
From the November 25th Boston Herald:

Porzingis left in the third quarter of Friday’s loss to the Magic with what the Celtics described as “left calf tightness.” He told the Globe postgame that he would get an MRI on Saturday and that he didn’t think the injury was serious. It’s unclear how much time he will miss, but he posted an encouraging message via his Instagram story on Saturday afternoon.

He ended up missing 4 games total, I believe? I also think I remember him saying he would have been back sooner for postseason games (he missed parts of the in season tournament)?

He’s said that this injury was worse, but he and the medical staff should have a good idea of how he’s responding to treatment since he’s dealt with a similar injury before.

He also said that he might have been favoring the ankle he rolled just a couple of plays before and I agree with Roy that Joe should have called timeout as soon as he was limping down the court. Since he mentioned favoring the ankle was a possibility for the injury, I would bet that the possibility he injured his calf due to that is better than 95%. It’s absolutely inexcusable that Joe didn’t recognize that!

« Reply #166 on: May 07, 2024, 09:54:37 PM »

Online GreenEnvy

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 1035
Have there been any updates today? I know they said week-to-week, but has anyone said anything about how he’s responding to treatment?

Hopefully Knicks/Pacers goes the distance so the ECF starts later, but I hope 3 weeks is enough time for KP.

CELTICS 2024

« Reply #167 on: May 07, 2024, 10:04:34 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2978
Have there been any updates today? I know they said week-to-week, but has anyone said anything about how he’s responding to treatment?

Hopefully Knicks/Pacers goes the distance so the ECF starts later, but I hope 3 weeks is enough time for KP.

Joe said he was walking better , was very positive and making slow steady improvements

« Reply #168 on: May 07, 2024, 10:06:50 PM »

Offline jpotter33

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2969

Joe said he was walking better , was very positive and making slow steady improvements

Also saw this today:

https://twitter.com/CelticsUnite18/status/1787982652588380484

According to Steve Bulpett:

“The Cavaliers are expecting to see Kristaps Porzingis before this series is over. That’s the feeling the Celtics have too.”

BIG TIME 👀

I doubt the series goes long enough where he'll be able to get back in time to play, but all signs are pointing positive right now.

« Reply #169 on: May 07, 2024, 10:29:04 PM »

Online SparzWizard

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 1016

Also saw this today:

“The Cavaliers are expecting to see Kristaps Porzingis before this series is over. That’s the feeling the Celtics have too.”

BIG TIME 👀

I doubt the series goes long enough where he'll be able to get back in time to play, but all signs are pointing positive right now.

So you mean the Cavs are expecting 7 games  ;)

Or do we mean that the Cavs would have already been swept or gentleman swept?  8)

#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown)
#JFJM (Just Fire Joe Mazzulla)

« Reply #170 on: May 07, 2024, 10:43:01 PM »

Offline Boston Garden Leprechaun

• Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1613
LET'S GO CELTICS!

« Reply #171 on: May 08, 2024, 05:50:53 AM »

Offline cman88

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 376

Also saw this today:

BIG TIME 👀

yeah, steve bulpett posted that on his twitter. I doubt we see him because this series may be over quickly. but all good signs so far.

« Reply #172 on: May 08, 2024, 09:12:31 AM »

Offline celticinorlando

• Larry Bird
  • Tommy Points: 707
  • MASTER OF PANIC
If the Cs get up 3-0 or 3-1 we won't see KP. The only way we might see him is if Boston goes to a game 6 or 7, which does not seem likely.

« Reply #173 on: May 08, 2024, 09:29:25 AM »

Offline Donoghus

• Global Moderator
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 1626
  • What a Pub Should Be
If the Cs get up 3-0 or 3-1 we won't see KP. The only way we might see him is if Boston goes to a game 6 or 7, which does not seem likely.

Yeah, there should be zero incentive to rush back KP if you have the luxury of a series lead here against CLE.

2010 CB Historical Draft - Best Overall Team

« Reply #174 on: May 08, 2024, 12:53:43 PM »

Online Vermont Green

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 887
The counter argument is that it would be good to have Porzingis get some court time before the next round, say in game 4 or 5.  Porzingis is such a vet, I doubt he needs a whole lot of time to get his rhythm back but maybe some.  It does not look like this series is going to get that far.

« Reply #175 on: May 08, 2024, 01:28:33 PM »

Offline Donoghus

• Global Moderator
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 1626
  • What a Pub Should Be
The counter argument is that it would be good to have Porzingis get some court time before the next round, say in game 4 or 5.  Porzingis is such a vet, I doubt he needs a whole lot of time to get his rhythm back but maybe some.  It does not look like this series is going to get that far.

The risk overweighs the reward.  No need to play KP & risk injury in games where having him/not having him won't make a difference. 

Take the conservative approach here& have him for the conference finals & finals. 

2010 CB Historical Draft - Best Overall Team

« Reply #176 on: May 08, 2024, 01:51:00 PM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25607
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley

The risk overweighs the reward.  No need to play KP & risk injury in games where having him/not having him won't make a difference. 

Take the conservative approach here& have him for the conference finals & finals.

Agreed.  I don't want to see KP in game action until we need him.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #177 on: May 08, 2024, 01:55:57 PM »

Online Phantom255x

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 3032
  • On To Banner 18!
Bubblewrap him until the ECF.
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

« Reply #178 on: May 08, 2024, 02:10:43 PM »

Offline mef730

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 943

What’s frustrating is that they bubble-wrapped as well as they could during the season and he still ended up getting injured in the playoffs. Nobody’s fault, just frustrating.

« Reply #179 on: May 08, 2024, 02:23:55 PM »

Online Phantom255x

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 3032
  • On To Banner 18!

What’s frustrating is that they bubble-wrapped as well as they could during the season and he still ended up getting injured in the playoffs. Nobody’s fault, just frustrating.

Unfortunately true
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller