Author Topic: Tyson Chandler? Impossible? sligthly, not.  (Read 1984 times)

Tyson Chandler? Impossible? sligthly, not.
« on: November 29, 2011, 01:42:01 PM »

Offline KP43

• Joe Mazzulla
  • Tommy Points: 20
  • THE BIG3: 9, 34, 5
http://www.iamagm.com/news/2011/11/29/roll.call.rockets.mavericks.heat.pacers.nets.warriors.all.interested.signing.nene

As we all know, Danny is looking very hard at Tyson Chandler.. and we all know there's NO WAY the Mavs will let him go, that easy.. but, if the mavericks (yeah, i might be dreaming, but I like to do so.. so lets do it) sign Nenė.. We could really get a shot at Tyson! (sign and trade, I was thinking a BBD+pick, or something like that)

thougts?
Doc's gonna tell you what you need to hear, not what you want to hear.

Yeah iknow, my username is Kendrick Perkins and my ranking is Jeff Green. Ironic huh?

Re: Tyson Chandler? Impossible? sligthly, not.
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2011, 01:44:37 PM »

Offline JSD

• NCE
  • Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2159
http://www.iamagm.com/news/2011/11/29/roll.call.rockets.mavericks.heat.pacers.nets.warriors.all.interested.signing.nene

As we all know, Danny is looking very hard at Tyson Chandler.. and we all know there's NO WAY the Mavs will let him go, that easy.. but, if the mavericks (yeah, i might be dreaming, but I like to do so.. so lets do it) sign Nenė.. We could really get a shot at Tyson! (sign and trade, I was thinking a BBD+pick, or something like that)

thougts?

The Mavs are over the cap so they have no ability to give Nene the type of contract he would be looking for.

« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2011, 02:20:32 PM »

Offline KP43

• Joe Mazzulla
  • Tommy Points: 20
  • THE BIG3: 9, 34, 5

thougts?

The Mavs are over the cap so they have no ability to give Nene the type of contract he would be looking for.

They will prob. just amnesty Haywood.. problem solved
Doc's gonna tell you what you need to hear, not what you want to hear.

Yeah iknow, my username is Kendrick Perkins and my ranking is Jeff Green. Ironic huh?

« Reply #3 on: November 29, 2011, 02:48:33 PM »

Offline indeedproceed

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2756
  • You ain't the boss of the freakin' bedclothes.

As we all know, Danny is looking very hard at Tyson Chandler.. and we all know there's NO WAY the Mavs will let him go, that easy.. but, if the mavericks (yeah, i might be dreaming, but I like to do so.. so lets do it) sign Nenë.. We could really get a shot at Tyson! (sign and trade, I was thinking a BBD+pick, or something like that)

thougts?

Then the guy we should be targeting at all costs is Haywood for the full MLE for 2 seasons. I'd rather pay Haywood 4 million for 2-4 years (I forget where the new CBA is with this) than Chandler 10 million for the next 5.

"You've gotta respect a 15-percent 3-point shooter. A guy
like that is always lethal." - Evan 'The God' Turner

« Reply #4 on: November 29, 2011, 02:54:53 PM »

Offline Chris

• Global Moderator
  • Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 642

thougts?

Then the guy we should be targeting at all costs is Haywood for the full MLE for 2 seasons. I'd rather pay Haywood 4 million for 2-4 years (I forget where the new CBA is with this) than Chandler 10 million for the next 5.

Agreed.  Haywood would be a great pickup for the C's.

« Reply #5 on: November 29, 2011, 02:59:17 PM »

Offline Yoki_IsTheName

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1304
  • I'm a Paul Heyman guy.

thougts?

Hope they do. Haywood is a solid Center. Although they wont have a backup for Chandler if Dallas do cut him.
2019 CStrong Historical Draft 2000s OKC Thunder.
PG: Jrue Holiday / Isaiah Thomas / Larry Hughes
SG: Paul George / Aaron McKie / Bradley Beal
SF: Paul Pierce / Tayshaun Prince / Brian Scalabrine
PF: LaMarcus Aldridge / Shareef Abdur-Raheem / Ben Simmons
C: Jermaine O'neal / Ben Wallace

« Reply #6 on: November 29, 2011, 03:18:58 PM »

Offline LooseCannon

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 950

The Mavs are so far over the cap that amnestying Haywood would not get them under the cap.

It would also be ridiculous to jettison Haywood when he has value as a trade asset, especially considering he has a fully unguaranteed final year on his contract.
"The worst thing that ever happened in sports was sports radio, and the internet is sports radio on steroids with lower IQs.” -- Brian Burke, former Toronto Maple Leafs senior adviser, at the 2013 MIT Sloan Sports Analytics Conference