Author Topic: Responses to Super off topic, off topic thread  (Read 716987 times)

Re: Responses to Super off topic, off topic thread
« Reply #360 on: March 22, 2009, 04:40:17 PM »

Offline celticmaestro

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 81
  • "Love is the soul of a true Irishman"
Words cannot begin to describe how much I have enjoyed the time I have spent with my son (8) over the past three days. 

They say that the Eskimos have countless words to describe snow, I wish I had a few to describe how great Thursday afternoon, Friday afternoon and all day today has been.

CDIF - a TP for the SOTOTT, thus giving me a forum in which to say this.

(Told ya I was a sap!)

If a random forum I created is an appropriate outlet for your happiness, I'm glad I made the world 0.0000000000001% better, as my favorite poster on here, I'm glad your time with your son was fulfilling!  what'd you two do?

Thursday he had a swim lesson (over in Hanover - a few towns away), normally I am working, but I stepped in due to a scheduling conflict.  Watching him do so well (for him) both in the water and out was awesome.  After wards, he and I went to dinner and talked and talked and talked.  That evening I helped him study (as I do most nights), and I am dumbfounded and warmly impressed by his ability to spell (not my genes!!).  Friday, after work, he and I went exploring in the wetlands behind the house.  Listening to him ponder the nuances of the woods and streams was great.  This morning, we were out by 7 to go get our haircuts in town (same guy's been cutting my hair for 20 years and he's a good friend).  Following the haircut it was off to the Museum of Science, where we took in an IMAX show, the lightning show, did a ride on some motion machine, saw the frog exhibit, the bigfoot exhibit and played until 2.  All the while the conversation was positive, fun and lively.  It was great - for both of us.

Thanks for asking.  By the way, for what it's worth we talked about you (kind of); as we were checking out the dinosaurs, I told him about the orange one up on Rt. 1.  Another adventure for another day.

Sounds like an awesome few days there, SSF. It's nice to see stuff like this, it always brings a smile to my face seeing genuinely good people having fun. Really good to see, TP for you pal.

Thanks bud!

I'd give you a TP, but I already did in my quest to heighten the race between you and ACF!!!  (beware though -- as soon as you catch up with him, my allegiance shifts   ;D  )

Haha! I don't know if I should feel used or grateful ;) What happens in event of a tie?

we don't play for ties
Yeah, what he said!!   8)

OK. You're going down ACF! ;) :D

« Reply #361 on: March 22, 2009, 05:08:58 PM »

Offline SShorefan 4.0

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 186
Words cannot begin to describe how much I have enjoyed the time I have spent with my son (8) over the past three days. 

They say that the Eskimos have countless words to describe snow, I wish I had a few to describe how great Thursday afternoon, Friday afternoon and all day today has been.

(Told ya I was a sap!)

If a random forum I created is an appropriate outlet for your happiness, I'm glad I made the world 0.0000000000001% better, as my favorite poster on here, I'm glad your time with your son was fulfilling!  what'd you two do?

Thursday he had a swim lesson (over in Hanover - a few towns away), normally I am working, but I stepped in due to a scheduling conflict.  Watching him do so well (for him) both in the water and out was awesome.  After wards, he and I went to dinner and talked and talked and talked.  That evening I helped him study (as I do most nights), and I am dumbfounded and warmly impressed by his ability to spell (not my genes!!).  Friday, after work, he and I went exploring in the wetlands behind the house.  Listening to him ponder the nuances of the woods and streams was great.  This morning, we were out by 7 to go get our haircuts in town (same guy's been cutting my hair for 20 years and he's a good friend).  Following the haircut it was off to the Museum of Science, where we took in an IMAX show, the lightning show, did a ride on some motion machine, saw the frog exhibit, the bigfoot exhibit and played until 2.  All the while the conversation was positive, fun and lively.  It was great - for both of us.

Thanks for asking.  By the way, for what it's worth we talked about you (kind of); as we were checking out the dinosaurs, I told him about the orange one up on Rt. 1.  Another adventure for another day.

Sounds like an awesome few days there, SSF. It's nice to see stuff like this, it always brings a smile to my face seeing genuinely good people having fun. Really good to see, TP for you pal.

Thanks bud!

I'd give you a TP, but I already did in my quest to heighten the race between you and ACF!!!  (beware though -- as soon as you catch up with him, my allegiance shifts   ;D  )

Haha! I don't know if I should feel used or grateful ;) What happens in event of a tie?

we don't play for ties

I am sorry, you've passed ACF --- I am now an honorary citizen of Denmark.  TP ACF!!!
Call me a sap, but I love my kids more than anything!

« Reply #362 on: March 23, 2009, 09:20:42 AM »

Offline celticmaestro

• Antoine Walker

(Told ya I was a sap!)

Thanks bud!

we don't play for ties

I am sorry, you've passed ACF --- I am now an honorary citizen of Denmark.  TP ACF!!!

I feel so used!

« Reply #363 on: March 29, 2009, 05:59:23 PM »

Offline Schupac

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 235

Thank you Redz.  This image got me a date.

« Reply #364 on: March 29, 2009, 06:22:03 PM »

Online Redz

• Punner
  • Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 3768
  • Yup
Yup

« Reply #365 on: March 29, 2009, 09:29:48 PM »

Offline threats13

• Brad Stevens
  • Tommy Points: 37
havent posted in here before but just by readng a few posts and seeing the SOT OTT that could quite possibly be the funniest thing I have ever seen.  The shorthand of that is just classic I laugh everytime I see it. 
The NBA..where "this whole sport is a business and the referees decide games and David Stern is a snake and is only in this for the money" happens.

« Reply #366 on: March 29, 2009, 10:07:08 PM »

Offline Edgar

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 445
  • No contaban con mi astucia !!!
havent posted in here before but just by readng a few posts and seeing the SOT OTT that could quite possibly be the funniest thing I have ever seen.  The shorthand of that is just classic I laugh everytime I see it. 

obviously u never saw ask edgar.... ;)
Once a CrotorNat always a CROTORNAT  2 times CB draft Champion 2009-2012

Nice to be back!

« Reply #367 on: March 29, 2009, 11:45:17 PM »

Offline Truck Lewis

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 1053
  • Reggie "Truck" Lewis
winnie cooper got married...that kills me

Looking for a Sig designer....obviously i will be greatful with tps.

Looking for a Wire - Rondo theme....PM with ideas and I'll tp

« Reply #368 on: March 29, 2009, 11:48:42 PM »

Offline Hoyo de Monterrey

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 669

Thank you Redz.  This image got me a date.

Do tell?

Agreed... Come on Shupac this story sounds like a good one haha
"Let me call him," Floyd said.

The man shook his head. "O.J. doesn't give out his cell," he said. "He'll call you."

« Reply #369 on: March 30, 2009, 06:21:35 AM »

Offline cdif911

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 43

trying to steal my thunder? =)
When you love life, life loves you right back

« Reply #370 on: March 30, 2009, 10:06:36 AM »

Offline Edgar

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 445
  • No contaban con mi astucia !!!

trying to steal my thunder? =)

just using it for advertising  ;)
Once a CrotorNat always a CROTORNAT  2 times CB draft Champion 2009-2012

Nice to be back!

« Reply #371 on: March 30, 2009, 11:45:02 AM »

Offline ACF

• Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1157
  • A Celtic Fan
So right now, my post count is Larry Bird Paul Pierce. Should I do an SSF and retire every 3334 posts?

And your TP count is Russell/Pierce.

I say go for it.

« Reply #372 on: March 30, 2009, 12:55:50 PM »

Offline celticmaestro

• Antoine Walker
So right now, my post count is Larry Bird Paul Pierce. Should I do an SSF and retire every 3334 posts?

I say go for it.

I decided to pass. I wouldn't want to steal SSF's thunder.

Plus it'd take too long to cm2 to get to this point.

« Reply #373 on: March 30, 2009, 01:24:45 PM »

Offline ACF

• Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1157
  • A Celtic Fan

I say go for it.

I forgive you, young man  :)

« Reply #374 on: March 30, 2009, 01:47:09 PM »

Offline SShorefan 4.0

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 186

I say go for it.

I appreciate you allowing me my own personal quirk!!
Call me a sap, but I love my kids more than anything!