Author Topic: harsh reality time  (Read 2147 times)

harsh reality time
« on: July 19, 2015, 06:05:19 AM »

Offline rollie mass

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 1233
marcus thorton easy to red claws or europe and young just continued to look flawed compared to hunter-he needs to work on right hand and develope more court awareness and some moves getting to hoop
mickey and rj did great as well as holmes and rozier hit the clutch shots which took focus off his weak point guard ability as a facilitator and passer again hunter far eclipsed rozier-so what do celts do about holmes,what is his ceiling,did he do anything at elite level or just everything just efficiently and easily replaceable-

Re: harsh reality time
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2015, 08:22:56 AM »

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1834
Holmes is okay but I doubt we make roster moves just to make room for him. He is a pretty limited player.

« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2015, 08:41:02 AM »

Offline LGC88

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 167
Holmes is okay but I doubt we make roster moves just to make room for him. He is a pretty limited player.

And so was Middleton when he was drafted in the 2nd round and traded the year after.
It's sad that those players don't have recognition during their development.
Anyway, our roster he fully pack, so even if Ainge wants him, I don't think he will sacrifice Mickey for him. I would take the risk though. Even if Mickey come out to be a better player, I think Swing player type like Holmes will have more value than an undersized PF (unless he reaches D. Green's level, which I doubt) once they are developed.
Holmes might have more value as an asset, and he has more value to our roster because he's a NEED.

« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2015, 09:40:44 AM »

Offline dreamgreen

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 182
I think you downplay Rozier to much. He is the first player since we drafted PP that can create separation, get to the hoop, and create his own shot. I'm not saying he's going to be special or anywhere near PP. But IMO he's the only player we have that can be. The things he has, dribble penetration, cross overs, step back J's are all things that separate the elite players from the rest of the NBA. It's very exciting to think about.

« Reply #4 on: July 19, 2015, 09:52:39 AM »

Offline Surferdad

• Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 976
  • "He fiddles...and diddles..."
In what way?  He is an energy guy and has a better-than-average outside shot for a big man.

« Reply #5 on: July 19, 2015, 10:02:30 AM »

Offline OhioGreen

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 55
Think all of our draft picks, in retrospect, look like winners--even Thornton.  They all look like contributors now or in the future on the big club.  JHolmes as well.  Truly an amazing draft and undrafted pick ups!
One guy I really noticed as having great skills, that nobody really even mentioned at all, was Malcolm  Miller!  Quietly became a key player in the last 2/3 games, without alot of notice or stats.  The guy is a really good shooter, composed, athletic, and plays very good defense!  Definitely a Red Claw player if no one snatches him up!
Some really nice players with alot of upside.  Would like to see four of them stick with the big club!

« Reply #6 on: July 19, 2015, 10:06:39 AM »

Offline rollie mass

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 1233
I think you downplay Rozier to much. He is the first player since we drafted PP that can create separation, get to the hoop, and create his own shot. I'm not saying he's going to be special or anywhere near PP. But IMO he's the only player we have that can be. The things he has, dribble penetration, cross overs, step back J's are all things that separate the elite players from the rest of the NBA. It's very exciting to think about.
tp for your quote,smart last year came into a different situation ,not a loaded backcourt-did you see frazier a d leaguer just navigate the paint and find open men in summer league,he didn't struggle  and i think smart was even playing him-he learned his craft for the red claws and was last years last cut on celtic pre season

« Reply #7 on: July 19, 2015, 10:16:04 AM »

Offline ssspence

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 403
Not everyone needs to be a 'dynamic' player to be very valuable.

In a league obsessed with the stretch 3.5, Holmes has an opportunity to develop into a solid one. Guy seems to be in the right place at the right time, too.
Mike

(My name is not Mike)

« Reply #8 on: July 19, 2015, 10:35:03 AM »

Offline Yoki_IsTheName

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1304
  • I'm a Paul Heyman guy.
In what way?  He is an energy guy and has a better-than-average outside shot for a big man.

Which actually fits Stevens-ball might I add. I'd take him over PJIII right now, and I like Jones, just because of the defensive capabilities and his all out effort. Holmes will be all over the place on defense and will open the floor well enough on offense.
2019 CStrong Historical Draft 2000s OKC Thunder.
PG: Jrue Holiday / Isaiah Thomas / Larry Hughes
SG: Paul George / Aaron McKie / Bradley Beal
SF: Paul Pierce / Tayshaun Prince / Brian Scalabrine
PF: LaMarcus Aldridge / Shareef Abdur-Raheem / Ben Simmons
C: Jermaine O'neal / Ben Wallace

« Reply #9 on: July 19, 2015, 10:44:38 AM »

Offline Evantime34

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 764
  • Eagerly Awaiting the Next Fantasy Draft
marcus thorton easy to red claws or europe and young just continued to look flawed compared to hunter-he needs to work on right hand and develope more court awareness and some moves getting to hoop
mickey and rj did great as well as holmes and rozier hit the clutch shots which took focus off his weak point guard ability as a facilitator and passer again hunter far eclipsed rozier-so what do celts do about holmes,what is his ceiling,did he do anything at elite level or just everything just efficiently and easily replaceable-
Thornton probably will never be on the Celtics so I agree with that.

Young didn't look good in Utah but I thought he played pretty well in the game yesterday. He isn't close to ready yet but has shown flashes that make you think he could develop. Remember had he stayed in school and come out in this draft he would have been one of the younger players in the 2015 draft (he is over a year younger than everyone on our summer league team).

Don't agree at all on Rozier. I thought he pushed the pace, found open guys and didn't turn the ball over. I don't think he will be ready right away but I think his upside is sky high.
DKC:  Rockets
CB Draft: Memphis Grizz
Players: Klay Thompson, Jabari Parker, Aaron Gordon
Next 3 picks: 4.14, 4.15, 4.19