Which Celtics rookie is your favorite?

Rozier
16 (24.2%)
Mickey
9 (13.6%)
Hunter
41 (62.1%)

Total Members Voted: 66

Author Topic: Your Favorite Celtics Rookie  (Read 6016 times)

Re: Your Favorite Celtics Rookie
« Reply #30 on: July 19, 2015, 01:24:18 AM »

Offline Beat LA

• NCE
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 896
  • Mr. Emoji
I find myself really hoping RJ Hunter turns into Danny Green 2.0.

With his picture perfect shot, he's definitely got the best chance out of this year's rookies of being more than a 10-20 minute per night role player.

While I perfectly understand that it's only summer league and that we should taper our expectations, Hunter is already a more complete player than Green due to his passing ability :)

Are you sure about picture-perfect, though, because I've seen people on here allude to his low release point as a possible problem for him.  Just curious.

I think it's generally believed that the problems associated with his low release can be negated by the fact that his release is very quick.

I'm sure you're right, but I just thought that I'd bring that up.  No big deal :).

« Reply #31 on: July 19, 2015, 01:36:50 AM »

Offline igorsure

• The Green Kornet
  • Tommy Points: 5
Mickey is loosing in this vote but in the same time is on the first spot of Rookie Ladder :)

« Reply #32 on: July 19, 2015, 02:23:04 AM »

Offline kheldar52077

• The Green Kornet
  • Tommy Points: 8
Hunter, he can create plays and shoot 3s. something just happens when he is on the floor.

« Reply #33 on: July 19, 2015, 02:26:19 AM »

Offline pokeKingCurtis

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 280
Mickey is loosing in this vote but in the same time is on the first spot of Rookie Ladder :)

Yeah. Mickey has been consistently and sneakily good.

« Reply #34 on: July 19, 2015, 02:32:07 AM »

Offline The Rondo Show

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 364
  • Hook 'Em
1. Jordan Mickey
2. RJ Hunter
3. Jonathan Holmes
4. Terry Rozier
5. Marcus Thornton

I really like 1-4 and I wish we had a spot for Holmes. I haven't been in love with Thornton's game.
DKC Suns

« Reply #35 on: July 19, 2015, 03:07:39 AM »

Offline tarheelsxxiii

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1389
If we're in love with "swings," then you gotta keep your one true "swing" prospect. Holmes puts up impressive +/- stats in his sleep... I honestly forget he's playing until I realize he had a greater impact on the game I just watched than we had on our children's future.
« Last Edit: July 19, 2015, 03:14:14 AM by tarheelsxxiii »
The Tarstradamus Group, LLC

« Reply #36 on: July 19, 2015, 03:37:04 AM »

Offline knuckleballer

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 664
If we're in love with "swings," then you gotta keep your one true "swing" prospect. Holmes puts up impressive +/- stats in his sleep... I honestly forget he's playing until I realize he had a greater impact on the game I just watched than we had on our children's future.

I made a similar point earlier.  He's so quiet that you barely notice him until you see his line in the box score. He just efficently fits into the flow of the game.

« Reply #37 on: July 19, 2015, 04:20:12 AM »

Offline tarheelsxxiii

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1389

I made a similar point earlier.  He's so quiet that you barely notice him until you see his line in the box score. He just efficently fits into the flow of the game.

Yep, I saw your post. TP with you, 100%
The Tarstradamus Group, LLC

« Reply #38 on: July 19, 2015, 05:33:14 AM »

Offline chambers

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 943
  • Boston Celtics= Championships, nothing less.
I'm impressed with them all.
Hunter and Holmes have really surprised me. Hunter's ceiling is already looking like a Danny Green/ Klay Thompson level at least. He's a naturally better overall basketball player than these two but hasn't got the shooting to a Reggie Miller level like these two- yet. He appears to have the tools to put something together like those two elite pros eventually.

We may have a real gem with him.
"We are lucky we have a very patient GM that isn't willing to settle for being good and coming close. He wants to win a championship and we have the potential to get there still with our roster and assets."

quoting 'Greg B' on RealGM after 2017 trade deadline.
Read that last line again. One more time.

« Reply #39 on: July 19, 2015, 07:14:12 AM »

Offline LGC88

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 167
I might go against the crowd here, but I would take Holmes over Mickey. It's a sacrifice and a gamble I'll be willing to take.
Holmes is a pro like Bass, he has high BBIQ, he's everywhere on the floor right where you need him to be. He's a very good and reliable 3pts shooter and he can play multiple positions.
Swing players are rare, good ones even more. I'm willing to develop that guy, he might be even better than Middleton.
All our 3 rookies were great during this SL. Thornton has potential but he has a very long way to go.
My favorite is RJ. The most complete player. He just makes the team better when he's on the floor.
It's so much fun to watch him launch his 3s. TD garden will love that, I can hear the crowd already  ;)

« Reply #40 on: July 19, 2015, 07:29:51 AM »

Offline boscel33

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 166
I'm going with Hunter. If his basketball IQ comes as advertised, he's going to be a special player.
"There's sharks and minnows in this world. If you don't know which you are, you ain't a shark."